Larry Clinton- Buy It Now For $1,200 ?

Bitchdj

Guest soulmaguk

How about this then!:ohmy: Mega items coming soon.

https://cgi.ebay.com/...em=270520042293

It appears sirshakie and theoriginal6tssoulman. is the same seller / buyer

this is the same scan of the youngblood i bought...still have not paid by the way. but they have said its not an actual real listing but an advert for what's coming up, even though they have 2 bids on it. WTF.

Social source share

• Replies 53
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Perception

How about this then!:thumbsup: Mega items coming soon.

https://cgi.ebay.com/...em=270520042293

It appears sirshakie and theoriginal6tssoulman. is the same seller / buyer

Just had a look and theoriginal6tssoulman has feedbacks from 20 happy buyers so he must be doing something right! No bad feedbacks on either identity.

Maybe he has the records but is a bit of a mixed up guy! Time will tell! I won't be sending him any money just yet!

Edited by Perception
Social source share

Guest turntableterra

saw what they were listing as the night went on and sure i had recently seen the larry clinton scan. all the scans were ropey, with no stars makes you wonder how they know whats what with ebay. thing with youngblood is thats about right $200 for quick sale if you have access in the U.S. and with big recs turning up often now, i was not surprised at the price.

good morning guys, i hope you will be glad to hear that i did not get ripped off with the larry clinton scam. it was obvious to me it was a scam from the start so i thought id have some fun and let him think he`d scored. you were correct about the others too.i dislike ripp off merchants immensely, some info i looked into and that may help newcomers to evil bay..

1) no feedback but i suppose you need to start somewhere.

2) the record sleeve had marks on it that were the same as the one on auction last week

3) the record had the same marks ditto (do cross refs on popsyke)

4) the seller was 80 miles from the guy last week in new jersey

5) no replies to info requests,

6) the record was described as very good, but aparently to dirty to read the runout info

7) lack of detailed info on postage and the usual stuff you see even on 10 dollar records

and last but not least

8) WHY ON GODS GOOD EARTH would someone want to sell a record for $1400 when last week two guys were willing to go to $3800'

i even got an email suggesting that if i paid him right away he could drive to the post office and post it as he only lived 5 mins away.................doh!

to me, and obviously many others, it is quite obvious, but not to some guys. people do get sucked in by these and this is where great sites like this really come to the fore with all your knowledge, experience and your willingness to spread it around. hopefully those 8 points may stop a newcomer being sucked in. anyone know any others. (the cheeky bugga even put in a unpaid item case on monday which ebay removed once i sent all the details.)

once i was alerted to it, i contacted ebay right away. apparently, they said, they cannot do much except excommunicate unless the buyer has paid and doesnt recieve the item. then they will try and get you your money back, assuming there is some in the paypal account it was paid into. oh yeh and that is likely.i had requested the relevent info all day. i am a bit concerned about the vickie baines story as i know the buyer, i didnt pick that one as many of them, if not all, have a hiss at the start. so can anyone confirm this. if it is kosher ill post that truth.

i can let anyone have the info but not on here, the number may be easy to make up, but not the 2 letters halfway round the groove, see a moses smith.

Social source share

i am a bit concerned about the vickie baines story as i know the buyer, i didnt pick that one as many of them, if not all, have a hiss at the start. so can anyone confirm this. if it is kosher ill post that truth.

I've never known a vickie baines with a hiss at the start - I've had 3 including one 6 weeks ago

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert