Larry Clinton- Buy It Now For $1,200 ?

Bitchdj

Hi, has anyone seen the buy it now bargains offered up by SIRSHAKIE (0) currently on e-bay on a ONE DAY LISTING ?? they seem to good to be true to me.... he's based in ROCHESTER,N.Y....... it looks unbelievably like the copy sold on e-bay on 18/12/2008 for a mere $5.000 but in a jamie guyden sleeve.... can this have been superimposed or am i just being over cautious.... feel free to grab yourself a bargain... it looks well dodgy to me..... he also had a BARI TRACK on a buy it now ..that picture looks very similar to the one currently on JM's auction...

Social source share

• Replies 53
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

i've inadvertently messed up any potential bargains to uk customers..... i made enquiries relating to the higher priced items, which were originally available to worldwide customers (at that time)..... and ALL items up to the present are now for u.s. customers only ..... the plot thickens ???

Edited by bitchdj
Social source share

richard,yes i spotted that as well,!!!:unsure::ph34r:

re- larry clinton ....i've just asked him is this the real picture of the 45 ... he as now added another picture of the 45 out of the sleeve but this picture has no felt pen on it ... two diffrent records ...... he replyed this is the record in & out of sleeve .... beware ... very suspicious .....

Edited by dean mitchell
Social source share

nice pictures de-to...i'm not clever enough to do them ,or else i would post the doni burdick photo to scrutinise too.... i know who has purchased "bari track" and he asked the seller for a photo of the flip ( he was more than a tad suspicious after larry clinton went on "a buy it now" at a bargain price)..... he is still waiting !!!! its been over an hour since i asked why the l.c. was so cheap ??.... $3.200 less than a very similar copy, in identidal condition.... i would have expected him to have amended the price somewhat,but he hasn't...... i guess he's just a philanthrope with a big heart ???

Social source share

nice one dean...ive just wet myself........... the johnny caswell must be a "one off".... its a VG decca demo in MINT condition :lol: ...... god knows where i'm gonna get the money to pay for all of my new purchases ?? anyone want to make an offer on a well soused kidney ??

Social source share

yes,thats the baby ,agent de-to....its the way its slightly short of 12 o'clock.... with shading round the bottom of the centre hole...most cameras seem to take pictures with a slightly different hue etc etc (eg the ideals on boo-ga-loo can look any shade between blue and purple) ...this looks identical to JM's auction pic...

Social source share

heres all his/her e-bay items what do you think,???unsure.gifph34r.gif

https://shop.ebay.com...=&_trksid=p4340

Give it the time it takes Ebay to deal with these kind of things and sirshakie will almost certainally be no longer a registered user within the next 2 to 3 weeks when things filter through and come to light.

But...

If you pay with Paypal as the buyer accepts you should in theory get your money back if the item is not recieved.

Social source share

The seller has just listed a Blossoms 45 with a very vague image of the record upside down.

https://cgi.ebay.com/THE-BLOSSOMS-ITS-ALL-UP-TO-YOU-FIRST-ISSUE_W0QQitemZ260583985572QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item3cac0411a4

Ive been watching this sellers antics for the last 24 hours and would be very wary of what he is up to.

this must be the rare antipodean issue !!!! :lol:

Social source share

Give it the time it takes Ebay to deal with these kind of things and sirshakie will almost certainally be no longer a registered user within the next 2 to 3 weeks when things filter through and come to light.

But...

If you pay with Paypal as the buyer accepts you should in theory get your money back if the item is not recieved.

[/quot

i diddent on a clude huey about 3 years ago ,,, the seller took the payment & did one ... paypal said if he re-regesters i'll get my money back ... so all is not what it seems ...

Social source share

A couple of years ago there was an Ebay'er with just three or four feedbacks (all as a buyer) who listed an impossible Five Sharps "Stormy Weather" 78, a nearly impossible Stones "Street Fighter Man" pic sleeve, and a few others records, as well as some ultra-rare vase and whatnot; the buyer said his grand-dad had passed away and left him the stuff. All went into the thousands, and none were ever delivered (as I recall, the Five Sharps had been photoshopped from Tefteller's website). It's funny how far people will go when they hope that something is true.

Social source share

i bought the youngblood smith $200, mmm..have not paid yet though. what do you all reckon on this?

you could ask for a proper scan of the b-side and re scan the a-side,???,be very wary though,unsure.gifph34r.gif

the larry clinton 45 he/she listed looked well dodgy just read previous posts in this thread,!!!

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

you could ask for a proper scan of the b-side and re scan the a-side,???,be very wary though,:unsure::ph34r:

the larry clinton 45 he/she listed looked well dodgy just read previous posts in this thread,!!!

saw what they were listing as the night went on and sure i had recently seen the larry clinton scan. all the scans were ropey, with no stars makes you wonder how they know whats what with ebay. thing with youngblood is thats about right $200 for quick sale if you have access in the U.S. and with big recs turning up often now, i was not surprised at the price.

Social source share

saw what they were listing as the night went on and sure i had recently seen the larry clinton scan. all the scans were ropey, with no stars makes you wonder how they know whats what with ebay. thing with youngblood is thats about right $200 for quick sale if you have access in the U.S. and with big recs turning up often now, i was not surprised at the price.

i saw the youngblood smith and thought it cheap ?? im sure it's recently fetched over £450 on JM's auction, but i may be wrong ?? my mate isn't paying for BARI TRACK and i wouldn't be buying the "youngblood smith" either...... if he turns out to be ok,i would be the first to offer my apologies for starting the topic.... but these tunes on A ONE DAY listing looks like "a cut and run" to these eyes.....

Social source share

i saw the youngblood smith and thought it cheap ?? im sure it's recently fetched over £450 on JM's auction, but i may be wrong ?? my mate isn't paying for BARI TRACK and i wouldn't be buying the "youngblood smith" either...... if he turns out to be ok,i would be the first to offer my apologies for starting the topic.... but these tunes on A ONE DAY listing looks like "a cut and run" to these eyes.....

Youngblood Smith average price is £125.

Social source share

you could ask for a proper scan of the b-side and re scan the a-side,???,be very wary though,unsure.gifph34r.gif

If it were me I'd stay WELL away !!

Has anybody PROPERLY read his descriptions of the items he's selling.. VERY cleverly worded I feel - a potential interpretation being something along - and between the lines of : The item is a RARE collectors piece, IN IT'S ORIGINAL FORMAT here is an 'EXAMPLE' of the rarity WHICH IS A 'REPRO' !?!

Doesn't actually state he is selling an ORIGINAL pressing of the item(s) !! Whilst, at the same time, avoiding describing it as a 'copy' of any sort !!!! Mmm.. blink.gif

I, for one, would most DEFO steer (round the other side of the globe if necessary..) to avoid this joker (imo of course..) ph34r.gif

Fingers

Social source share

Here is his response to me wanting to pay him in person:

"Im sorry, I do all my business by mail order. If I

do anything from home, I will list as such. Thank

You for your inquiry."

So fishy. I told him a wanted to meet up or be able to call him just to verify the condition of the records. Waiting on his response...

I am thinking about reporting him to the NY-FBI.

Social source share

Here is his response to me wanting to pay him in person:

"Im sorry, I do all my business by mail order. If I

do anything from home, I will list as such. Thank

You for your inquiry."

So fishy. I told him a wanted to meet up or be able to call him just to verify the condition of the records. Waiting on his response...

I am thinking about reporting him to the NY-FBI.

Nice one Donald - dont think Ebay will give a damn if its a scam just the usual apathy

Social source share

I don't even think of buying anything off someone unles they have 98+% positive feedback and at least a score of 50 or more. Certainly not big money items. That's like giving someone in the pub car park £500 and trusting that he'll meet you there tomorrow with your record.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert