Help Id This Modern Floor Filler

Help ID this Modern floor filler

Heard it all over

Sorry first of all because I can only remember three words but and explanation first, it's an up tempo belter that seams to excite every one on the floor with its dramatic blast of "I LOVE YOU" as the chorus.

The "I LOVE YOU" bit is repeated as an excaudate, almost sounding like I I I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU..............

Any clues?

Social source share

• Replies 35
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hey up Simon lad, is it Ron Hall - The Way You Love Me? Sure I recall the pair of us getting down with our bad selves to that together :laugh:

Or Wizdom - I'm So In Love With You? Top tune, not what I'd call uptempo, but then you are getting quite old now :ph34r:

Social source share

The "I LOVE YOU" bit is repeated as an excaudate, almost sounding like I I I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU..............

sounds like burnt toast and coffee-i love you girl

Social source share

Hey up Simon lad, is it Ron Hall - The Way You Love Me? Sure I recall the pair of us getting down with our bad selves to that together laugh.gif

Or Wizdom - I'm So In Love With You? Top tune, not what I'd call uptempo, but then you are getting quite old now ph34r.gif

Theresa Ooooooh you are a clever thing!!!! Spot on!!!!!!! XXXX

Ron Hall - The Way You Love Me

Good angel, the only time I ever talk to a DJ is to ask for "The Snake", as you well know lol!

Posstot :-)

Social source share

Rhino and Epic, now that is cheep as chips! I was expecting some mammoth price!!

Mega record and one I will look forward to shakin my tail feathers too!

Any one know who has been playing it?

Has been played on the Modern Soulful Dance scene since its release - an anthem of modern uptempo soul !!!

Social source share

Rhino and Epic, now that is cheep as chips! I was expecting some mammoth price!!

There are a few different mixes Simon, don't make the mistake of getting up to the 300mph one that lasts for 15 minutes, like I did recently! I had to be wheeled off the floor by paramedics administering Ventolin laugh.gif

Adam Buchanan & Mick Farrer play the sedate one for old folks, amongst lots of other DJs. Will probably get a spin at Rugby on Saturday night if you're coming out to play?

Social source share

Yep, everyone! One of the GREAT records of the last couple of years. The anthem of last Summer for me......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

There are a few different mixes Simon, don't make the mistake of getting up to the 300mph one that lasts for 15 minutes, like I did recently! I had to be wheeled off the floor by paramedics administering Ventolin laugh.gif

Adam Buchanan & Mick Farrer play the sedate one for old folks, amongst lots of other DJs. Will probably get a spin at Rugby on Saturday night if you're coming out to play?

That is THE mix to have- just think of it as 6 Northern tunes all added together & enjoy !!!!!!

Social source share

Yep, everyone! One of the GREAT records of the last couple of years. The anthem of last Summer for me......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Absolutely right (though older than last summer Ian tut tut). No self respecting modern DJ would have left home without this in his / her playbox.

B side on the 12 also great and got plenty of spins too....

Steve

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

I always put Ron Hall in the same bracket as "Lord" - Alexander O'Neal & "That's What Love Does" - Vince Montana - they seem to sit well together.

There is still plenty of good modern soul dance music out there !!thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Absolutely right (though older than last summer Ian tut tut).

Steve

I was talking on the Northern side of things Steve - so good to hear Northern Soulers buzzing about a relatively recent record!

Anyone who likes Ron Hall will also love the upcoming Dimitri From Paris Philly album too.......

https://www.residenta...s.aspx?id=11864

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

I always put Ron Hall in the same bracket as "Lord" - Alexander O'Neal & "That's What Love Does" - Vince Montana - they seem to sit well together.

There is still plenty of good modern soul dance music out there !!thumbsup.gif

You could do if you wanted to insert one crap tune in there lol biggrin.gif . Personally I can't stand "Lord" but the Vince Montana will stand the test of time for many years to comethumbsup.gif

Social source share

You could do if you wanted to insert one crap tune in there lol biggrin.gif . Personally I can't stand "Lord" but the Vince Montana will stand the test of time for many years to comethumbsup.gif

Go on then - I'll swap it for Matt Munro !!!!!!rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Agreed. Isn't it about time you changed your avatar? Before Saturday, at least biggrin.gif

Off topic - It is my protest at the administators letting Warnock leave . :lol:

But yes you are probably right....

Ian track was big on the northern scene essentially from a new release on TSOD so a few years ago. People like Sam, me and a host of others were playing it long ago.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Has been played on the Modern Soulful Dance scene since its release - an anthem of modern uptempo soul !!!

2006 UK Defected records released a white demo 45 TSOD01 as produced and arranged by Dimitri from Paris

lifted/taken from the Dimitri From Paris - In The House Of Love - Album.

Thanks to The Sounds Of Defected - (London) for outreaching to meet UK pressings demands, for the later arrivals to catch from 2007 onwards.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert