David Rhodes

Sjclement

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

They were all boots done from the original acetate wernt they ?, the only 'real' one is the acetate, some would have you believe they were the real deal, but beware................cant remember all the details but I know young David Flynn san knows the story.............The fact that IL has a copy is a clue :ph34r: .

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

They were all boots done from the original acetate wernt they ?, the only 'real' one is the acetate, some would have you believe they were the real deal, but beware................cant remember all the details but I know young David Flynn san knows the story.............The fact that IL has a copy is a clue ph34r.gif .

Russ

First issue of a previously unreleased recording, taken from the master tape. I'd like to say it's a legit release but am not too sure abut it. IL had a hand in releasing it. Many people were fooled thinking it was a 70s press, but the dreadful 90s IL-style synth instrumental on the flip was the hint.

Social source share

Originally came out on a Pye acetate in the 70s. Not sure how many were done 1,3,6? I got Neil Rushton's old copy. Excellent tune.

Steve

Think their was 3 Steve IL NR and Richard Searling

Theres other threads about this where one includes Ian telling the story about it and says only 200 were pressed up on Chi city.

Back to the old discussuion - Is it a boot or not?

Answer - According to IL - permission was given to press the 200 hundred copies so is a legit release of a formerly non released track. The Pye acetates were as stated cut from the master tape.

Regards Steve

Social source share

Theres other threads about this where one includes Ian telling the story about it and says only 200 were pressed up on Chi city.

Back to the old discussuion - Is it a boot or not?

Answer - According to IL - permission was given to press the 200 hundred copies so is a legit release of a formerly non released track. The Pye acetates were as stated cut from the master tape.

Regards Steve

Totally legit. Ian L has the rights to it.

Social source share

Regards Steve

Ok thanks Steve - Sam had his hands on it at one time as well. Maybe Richard's copy as those two were always swapping records back in the day.

I assume the original plan was to release it once demand built up, but for whatever reason that never happened.

Unrelated but there is an interesting Evelyn Thomas track that Andy Dyson has from 76 - US release, and not related to "Weakspot", "Doomsday" etc. On a small label.

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Source Advert