Help, Please Buy My Records

Guest James Trouble

Despite the title of the thread I'm not after help or community support, I just really need to sell as many records as I can at a fair price, I hope more than 60% of real value that a dealer would offer.

I work 11 hours a day, 5 days a week, rarely take holidays, a risk taking tax paying entrepreneur. I have been royally shafted, robbed, mugged, ripped off and screwed by two institutions I trusted and had no reason not to trust. No one I have spoken to who participates in financial markets has ever heard of anything like this and can't believe it has taken place. But it has and it has to be dealt with, and any legal crap can take months if not years to sort out, so although I hope that I will one day get my life's work back again, in the time being I've lost my income and means to work.

I'll get through it and rebuild, just need the money to do it.

Hiya James, Sorry to hear about your unfortunate predicament mate, let's hope all ends well for you and you get back on your feet pretty sharpish. Did'nt manage to catch up with you at Prestatyn. Do you have a copy of the Gentlemen Four, you can't keep a good man down, on Wand ?? I will have a good look through your other lists and let you know if there is anything else of interest. Stay soulful and try and enjoy the Easter break. ATB Tony, OZ.

Social source share

• Replies 89
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Before you do anything I'd take a couple of days to think about it. Drinking and posting in the early hours rarely leads to a coherent plan. And obviously take into account today's legal advice.

I thought Ken's suggestion, whilst tongue, in cheek was pretty sensible. I'd consider alternative means of employment for a period until your case is heard. It may mean a drop in income/lifestyle but if you are confident that you have been "ripped" and expect recompense at a later stage then why not make the best for a while.

Of course I have no idea of your outgoings etc and exactly what you would need to do in the short term to downsize to a more affordable lifestyle based on less income.

A huge upheaval in your personal life on top of shit gone down at work seems a lot to deal with at once.

There's also no guarantee you're gonna make that much money on the 45s for sale as I think it's a bit of a slow buyer's market.

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Oh James, so sorry to hear this.

Like many others i haven't got any disposable cash at the mo but anything that we can do to help, a cuppa, a chat....give us a shout.:smile:

Keep your chin up. Love to Alison.x

Social source share

when you have a full list James then email me... I can forward that on to many dealers annd other folk too... add contact details to the list also...

Hope all your shit gets sorted...

Gonna look to move this topic to sales at some point, it could get more action there...

All the best

Steve

Social source share

Oh James, so sorry to hear this.

Like many others i haven't got any disposable cash at the mo but anything that we can do to help, a cuppa, a chat....give us a shout.smile.gif

Keep your chin up. Love to Alison.x

So sorry to hear this James.

If you put names & faces to those that robbed you and you want to pay them a visit, call me.

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

James Trouble would surely know that "I'm your pimp" was never issued on a single (legitimately)

Hmmmm......

Social source share

Chris Columbus - Tighten Up 70 (no name red label)

Jimmy Bo Horne - Hey There Jim (Dig)

Linda Jones - You Can't Take It (WB)

Incredibles - Miss Treatment (Audio Arts)

Rufus Wood - Before 2001

Frankie (love man) Crocker - Ton Of Dynamite (Turbo)

Bobby Angelle - Too Much For You (Money)

Brenda George - I Can't Stand It (Kent)

Love Experience - Are You Together For The New Day (Cherry Red Records)

Carol Anderson - Taking My Mind Of Love (Whip)

Honey And The Bees - Dynamite Exploded (Arctic) only VG condition

Sunrise Movement - running Wild (Ghetto Productions)

Little Stanley - The P.W. (Vance Records)

Hi James

I Know moneys tight, but if you make it up on sunday, free entry and a place for a record box, might be a damn good place to be to kick up some money and interest in what you have for sale.

I wish I could do more mate

Dave

Social source share

Hi James

I Know moneys tight, but if you make it up on sunday, free entry and a place for a record box, might be a damn good place to be to kick up some money and interest in what you have for sale.

I wish I could do more mate

Dave

Everyone's worst nightmare I suspect, I hate to hear stuff like this and to such a high profile member like James as well-but shit happens and James is a lot younger than a lot of us on here-so I'm confident he will bounce back once this is sorted

Follow Rod's advice James and sit down take a few deep breaths before rushing in to anything you may regret later

Rob

Social source share

Everyone's worst nightmare I suspect, I hate to hear stuff like this and to such a high profile member like James as well-but shit happens and James is a lot younger than a lot of us on here-so I'm confident he will bounce back once this is sorted

Follow Rod's advice James and sit down take a few deep breaths before rushing in to anything you may regret later

Rob

Hi Rob

Normally I would say that James is fully able to responed to this himself, but having spoken to him, he has many things on his mind at the moment. I undersatnd James's thinking on this one he is a very good financial trader and the best way for James to get himself on a even keel again is to be in a position to trade, so a slug of cash in is trading account helping him to get his head down and trade himself back makes sense.

Also they are just peices of wax that can be bought again, his health and security is his main focus at the moment.

Dave

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Just got back online, over 50 PMs as well as emails to sort.Sorry if no reply yet, I'll get on it tomorrow

Many more to list over the weekend

Thanks

JT

Social source share

hijames,just been reading the threads, in one respect i am gutted for u, in the other respect u dont know how lucky you are. u have been bitten pretty hard,trust me you will learn from it, money etc are only material stuff. good job u dont have a family to support,its just yourself. u are a clever man and u will pick yourself up. Im not being patronising, it just couldve been worse. keep ur health going, times a good healer. billy

Social source share

hijames,just been reading the threads, in one respect i am gutted for u, in the other respect u dont know how lucky you are. u have been bitten pretty hard,trust me you will learn from it, money etc are only material stuff. good job u dont have a family to support,its just yourself. u are a clever man and u will pick yourself up. Im not being patronising, it just couldve been worse. keep ur health going, times a good healer. billy

He does have a family to support.

Social source share

Guest POTTERIESPECK

Sorry to hear about you getting been taking to the cleaners James, but ! sometimes in life drastic measures have to be taken. If you know who the concerned parties are who have had you over and to be blunt are probably laughing their b*llocks of at you are their is only one solution to resolve the matter.Wherever the final outcome goes, will be left down to yourself and you alone to come to terms with.Me personally if id been in the situation i'd try and sort it myself because i'm sorry to say i have little faith in our legal proceedings and like you've said youself it may take years to go through the Courts.I'd say i'm a pretty placid fellow meself and never have nobody for a c*nt and don't like any f*ker trying to to have me for one. Sometimes James the courage and strength as to be found within which goes against ones owns morals, values and views against what makes a good person. I think you know how i would try and sort it. BUT ! don't forget in all battles their's casualties. From the heart i hope you can retrieve all've you've had stolen from you very quickly.

post-5802-12703970355363_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

OMG, paypal have suspended my account because they think there is suspicious activity going on.

Please dont' send me any money at the moment, HOLD EVERYTHING and all those who have not yet had replies, i still have 40 PMs to go through, please hold fire.

I can not believe this, record sale money now locked up in fucking paypal.

Social source share

OMG, paypal have suspended my account because they think there is suspicious activity going on.

Please dont' send me any money at the moment, HOLD EVERYTHING and all those who have not yet had replies, i still have 40 PMs to go through, please hold fire.

I can not believe this, record sale money now locked up in fucking paypal.

looking for Sir Guy - My Sweet Baby / Funky Virginia

can send cash

regards,

mike

Social source share

Hate to see anyone in such a fix that they have to sell records and wish you well in getting back on track. You have a few blessings to count and you seem to be handling this quite well (on here at least). Most people do not have the wherewithall to come back from such a set back but you appear to have an ability to earn serious money as long as you have equity to front up your work. This will stand you in good stead I'm sure. I'm not trying to minimise the seriousness of the situation in any way but I'm sure you'll agree you have avenues back to wealth that haven't been open to some other members on here when times were tough for them. Keep positive and I'm sure you'll be back to your usual self pretty quickly.

Social source share

James , we met @Soul Revolution and have lots of mutual friends , so gutted to hear whats transpired . Knowing a little about you , your a sharp & respected cookie in your profession so, like so many others, i'm sure you'll bounce back & dare i say it be stronger for it .

You've some great records , would be a shame if one of your great passions had to suffer .

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Check this out:

Restriction Appeal

PayPal requires a copy of certain documents for verification purposes to return your account to regular standing.

Please submit each of the following documents: scr_symQuestion.gif

Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:8PT350263D9297123 (>- 2 Apr 2010 )Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:7GJ6339522606335B ( <>- 2 Apr 2010 )Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:20V0531093173232G ( >- 2 Apr 2010 )Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:79Y04275S9480132D ( <- 2 Apr 2010 )Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:56655608TV584203C ( <- 3 Apr 2010 )

etc etc etc....

That's crazy. Anyone seen this before? So not only am I in fight with a huge multi national bank who have stolen my money, just because they can and I have littel chance of getting it back, now I'm getting butt raped by paypal for selling records, that I own, and have owned for years.

WTF!!!!!!!And they are demanding I provide tracking numbers of records I have packed up and am sending first class.

What's it got to do with them? Has anyone else had this problem before and managed to sort it because paypal do not seem interested... :yes:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

James I've heard of this before from a few people, paypal will freeze an account if a surge of money goes in or out. I'd be doing bank transfers/money orders as it will take ages to sort out. They really are pricks!

Those that have paypal'd, it would be easier to get them to withdraw the payment and send another way.

Edited by missgoldie
Social source share

Check this out:

Restriction Appeal

PayPal requires a copy of certain documents for verification purposes to return your account to regular standing.

Please submit each of the following documents: scr_symQuestion.gif

Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:8PT350263D9297123 ( - 2 Apr 2010 )Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:7GJ6339522606335B ( - 2 Apr 2010 )Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:20V0531093173232G ( - 2 Apr 2010 )Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:79Y04275S9480132D ( - 2 Apr 2010 )Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:56655608TV584203C ( - 3 Apr 2010 )

etc etc etc....

That's crazy. Anyone seen this before? So not only am I in fight with a huge multi national bank who have stolen my money, just because they can and I have littel chance of getting it back, now I'm getting butt raped by paypal for selling records, that I own, and have owned for years.

WTF!!!!!!!And they are demanding I provide tracking numbers of records I have packed up and am sending first class.

What's it got to do with them? Has anyone else had this problem before and managed to sort it because paypal do not seem interested... :yes:

you should definitely call them rather than trying to deal with it online

Social source share