• Replies 89
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest James Trouble

I really don't know how best to do this.

But to cut a long story short, I've been robbed so my records re up for sale. I've had my life savings stolen, this is no wind up, my bank accounts cleared out, my lively hood taken away.

It happened today.

This is not a wind up, you'll see it on BBC Watchdog...

Thanks

James

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

But to cut a long story short, I've been robbed. I've had my life savings stolen, this is no wind up, my bank accounts cleared out, my lively hood taken away.

It happened today.

I have meetings with solicitors etc tomorrow, but it's not looking good.

So everything is up for sale, everything! Records, watch, car, the lot. I was about to buy a house but all my money was in my trading account which has been stolen from me.

If there's anything any of you want, please make me a fair offer I'll sell, I have lots of exclusive acetates and rare northern soul, deepfunk and disco.

I also have a Rolex Daytona steele with white face, it's a rare N serial number, with box and certificate etc. I'm after £5000 for that, they sell for £7000

This is not a wind up, and I know a lot of you think I'm a bit of a c@nt, but today I had my world turned upside down and ripped into pieces and spat on. If I have a record you want, please get in contact with a fair offer and it's yours.

I'll start listing everything tomorrow night, i have meetings with solicitors tomorrow during the day, my mate is picking me up as I don't have funds in my bank to pair for the petrol.

At least I'm still alive, could be worse I guess.

Thanks

James

Social source share

But to cut a long story short, I've been robbed. I've had my life savings stolen, this is no wind up, my bank accounts cleared out, my lively hood taken away.

It happened today.

So everything is up for sale, everything! Records, watch, car, the lot. I was about to buy a house but all my money was in my trading account which has been stolen from me.

If there's anything any of you want, please make me a fair offer I'll sell, I have lots of exclusive acetates and rare northern soul, deepfunk and disco.

I also have a Rolex Daytona steele with white face, it's a rare N serial number, with box and certificate etc. I'm after £5000 for that, they sell for £7000

This is not a wind up, and I know a lot of you think I'm a bit of a c@nt, but today I had my world turned upside down and ripped into pieces and spat on. If I have a record you want, please get in contact with a fair offer and it's yours.

I'll start listing everything tomorrow night, i have meetings with solicitors tomorrow during the day, my mate is picking me up as I don't have funds in my bank to pair for the petrol.

Thanks

James

it sounds like the work of a woman james....mind you they usually take everything...it sounds like you been divorced lololol

Edited by Guest
Social source share

It happened today.

Thanks

James

Anything we can do James just shout mate, I've got fuck all mate but you are welcome to half of it.

Regards - Mark and Jacqui Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

JAMES, SURELY IF THIS IS SO YOUR BANK WOULDHAVE TO SORT IT OUT!!!! I CAN'T SEE THE PROBLEM HOW CAN THAT MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR BELONGINGS??? THEN AGAIN ITS APRIL THE 1stTOMORROW

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

it sounds like the work of a woman james....mind you they usually take everything

I wish it was a woman, then it would only be half.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

James,awful news.But don't you think you should have kept this to yourself till after the solicitors meeting?.

Kev,

I make my living trading, I need equity to work. I won't go into details but all that equity has gone, stolen from me. Ripped off. Mugged.

Legal crap takes months or years. In the time being I'm not making a living. I need to sell all my records to get equity back to start trading again. I can't wait months or years for the legal battle...

I'm not going to list all my records without an explanation.

As I said, not sure the best way to do it, maybe this isn't the way, but it's the truth and the reason why.

$hit happens.

Social source share

Kev,

I make my living trading, I need equity to work. I won't go into details but all that equity has gone, stolen from me. Ripped off. Mugged.

Legal crap takes months or years. In the time being I'm not making a living. I need to sell all my records to get equity back to start trading again. I can't wait months or years for the legal battle...

As I said, not sure the best way to do it, maybe this isn't the way, but it's the truth and the reason why.

$hit happens.

Go to a dealer then sell the lot in one hit, might only get 60% of the value but at least you will have instant cash, just an idea.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Kev,

$hit happens.

Get a propper job biggrin.gif hope you sort things out James.best Ken

Social source share

don't mean to sound heartless, but I have to ask...why not?? lots of people sell records and don't feel the need to explain why they are selling them :)

hope you get it all sorted

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

James last year i told you it was very volatily maket! i was not thinking this Volatily :thumbsup: , I no it don't help much James but I hope everything works out fine & fast for you mate :)

Steve J

Social source share

Makes me sick how cunts think it's ok to go round ripping decent people off who work hard to make a living

Callum

actually it was james that got ripped off

Social source share

Please no silly offers, but anything fair will be accepted. Gunna take a while to get em all on...

United 8 - Getting Uptown (Atlantic)

Golden Toadstools - Silly Savage (Minaret)

Charles Wright - Express Yourself (WB)

Jimmy Jones - Do What Comes Natural (Deke)

James Young - Barkin Up The Wrong Tree (Jet Stream)

Latin Breed - I Turn You (GC)

20 th Century - Hot Pants (Sky Disc)

Saundra Phillips - Miss Fatback (Brown Dog)

Herb Johnson Settlement - Damph F'aint (Toxan)

Benny Poole - Pearl, Baby Pearl (Solid Hit)

Mickey and the Soul Generation - How Good Is Good (Mr G)

Highlights Band - Funky 16 Corners (3 Diamonds)

Naomi Davis - Forty First Street Break Down (Desco)

Willie J + Co - Boogie With Your Baby (J=Ki Ki)

Dave Cortex - Happy Soul With A Hook (Speed)

Nicky Newakers - Woman (Mercury)

King Tutt - You've Got ME Hung Up (Fun City)

just a thought and hope this helps....wouldn't they be better places in the 'sales' section? that's where most folk would look for records that are up for sale. :)

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Senator Jones - Do You Love Me (Shagg)

Wendel Western - Nag On Me (Soul Sauce)

Freddie + Hanchi - Biscuits + Buttermilk (MoSoul)

Fabulous Apollos - Determination (Valtone)

Wooden Nickels - Nobody But You (Omen)

The Crow - Autumn Of Tomorrow (Inner Ear)

Oscar Perry - Face Reality (Feron)

Kings go Forth - You're The One B/w One Day (Mr C) I have 7 of these £40 each including postage.

King Earnest - You Gonna Miss Me (Sonic)

Voices Incorporated - Thinkin (Columbia)

Rosa Lee Brooks - Utee b/w Mr Diary (Revis)

Four Sonics - Love Is A Hurting Game (Shy-soul)

Th Webs - Give In (Popside)

Magicians - Love, Let's Try It Again (Villa)

MAny more to come tomorrow...

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I also have a pair of Technics 1210 mk 2s, very f'cing nice condition, maybe only used for 30 hours, max, including a quality mixer and top quality flight case.

£800 all in, bargain! Buyer must collect though.

Social source share

Wonder if anyone out there has the resources to give you a loan against them, sort of like pawning them, just a thought wink.gif

Mmmm. That's a thought. James, if you're interested in this kind of thing and have an intersting proposal PM me.

I'm off to New York for a few days from Fridayso if you are, make it quickish

Phil

Social source share

Oscar Perry - Face Reality (Feron)

You know my love of this one but unfortunately the penny jar is empty at the mo.

Was watching one on evil bay this week that finished at £996.36...:)

How I wish I hadn't passed on the one Pat Brady had up for sale for £25 in the 80's...I hadn't got the cash then either...:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Earl Jackson - Soul Selfsatisfaction (ABC) white demo slight queue burn in run in

Barbara Howard - I Don't Want Your Love (s Reece)

Marshall, Donovan, Broomfield - Since I Found My Baby (Augusta)

Skullsnaps - I'm your Pimp (GSF)

Dottie Pearson - Imagine Me (Avanti)

Skullsnaps - My Hang Up Is You (GSF)

James Lewis + Case Of Tyme - Manifesto (Legend)

Hank Jacobs - Elijah Rockin With Soul

The Adventurers - Easy Baby (Compass)

Keith Curtis - I got To Keep You Baby (Smoke)

Mary Love - Born To Live With Heartaches (Elco)

Timeless LEgend - I Was Born To Love You (Dawn-Lite)

Johnny James - Tell You About My Girl (Cirlce M)

Hiya James

Sorry to hear about your loss.

what price would you accept for the lot.

Stu

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Hiya James

Sorry to hear about your loss.

what price would you accept for the lot.

Stu

What, all my records? not sure, I'll have to go through em. Lots to list...

Social source share

Guest alison

Sonny Jim, so sorry to hear this. Life's a bitch at times. We are up shit creek too at the moment, with no income after John's illness, and not a penny to our name so I cannot help you financially, but at least you have assets to fall back on whilst you try to sort this out. Don't panic, keep calm & carry on.

Ali x

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Sonny Jim, so sorry to hear this. Life's a bitch at times. We are up shit creek too at the moment, with no income after John's illness, and not a penny to our name so I cannot help you financially, but at least you have assets to fall back on whilst you try to sort this out. Don't panic, keep calm & carry on.

Ali x

Sorry to hear of your Hubby's illness.

but keep positive and you will get through this

take care.

Stu

Social source share

Hi James

I know that we have not always seen "eye to eye" but i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy (which you are not anyway), sorry i can't be of any help to you but truly hope that everything will end up ok for you.

gogs

Social source share

Guest Dante

I'm sorry to hear about this, James.

This is one of those time when the soul family will pull together, beyond differences...

I know you'll get through this with the support of everyone in here.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I'm sorry to hear about this, James.

This is one of those time when the soul family will pull together, beyond differences...

I know you'll get through this with the support of everyone in here.

Despite the title of the thread I'm not after help or community support, I just really need to sell as many records as I can at a fair price, I hope more than 60% of real value that a dealer would offer.

I work 11 hours a day, 5 days a week, rarely take holidays, a risk taking tax paying entrepreneur. I have been royally shafted, robbed, mugged, ripped off and screwed by two institutions I trusted and had no reason not to trust. No one I have spoken to who participates in financial markets has ever heard of anything like this and can't believe it has taken place. But it has and it has to be dealt with, and any legal crap can take months if not years to sort out, so although I hope that I will one day get my life's work back again, in the time being I've lost my income and means to work.

I'll get through it and rebuild, just need the money to do it.

Social source share

Guest Dante

Despite the title of the thread I'm not after help or community support, I just really need to sell as many records as I can at a fair price, I hope more than 60% of real value that a dealer would offer.

I work 11 hours a day, 5 days a week, rarely take holidays, a risk taking tax paying entrepreneur. I have been royally shafted, robbed, mugged, ripped off and screwed by two institutions I trusted and had no reason not to trust. No one I have spoken to who participates in financial markets has ever heard of anything like this and can't believe it has taken place. But it has and it has to be dealt with, and any legal crap can take months if not years to sort out, so although I hope that I will one day get my life's work back again, in the time being I've lost my income and means to work.

I'll get through it and rebuild, just need the money to do it.

You are a bit of an arse, James. You're reacting as I was telling you're asking for charity, wich I know you're not. Anyway,

Do you have a copy of When he Speaks by Dianne Elliott on New Horizon? I'm looking for a copy.

Why don't ask Ian D. to sell them for you, he's quite good with this tipe of situations biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

You are a bit of an arse, James. You're reacting as I was telling you're asking for charity, wich I know you're not. Anyway,

Do you have a copy of When he Speaks by Dianne Elliott on New Horizon? I'm looking for a copy.

Why don't ask Ian D. to sell them for you, he's quite good with this tipe of situations :no:

No offense ment, just tired, lazy typing, not been able to sleep all night, grumpy and booze has worn off.

You're right though, I am an arse :yes:

Sorry, I don't have a Dianne Elliot, shame.

hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Guest Dante

No offense ment, just tired, lazy typing, not been able to sleep all night, grumpy and booze has worn off.

You're right though, I am an arse :yes:

Sorry, I don't have a Dianne Elliot, shame.

hatsoff2.gif

No problems James, I suppose this has got your nerves about to explode...

Good luck with your sales.

Social source share