Another King Moses ( Thats 4 Now.. Hey Steve ?)

Simon M

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Am I the only one who expected this to go for a lot more money ? I know it wasn't a minter but still i'd have thought it was worth more than this.

after all you can always turn the volume down when the guitar part comes in and then turn it back up after :-)

Social source share

ohmy.gif

Hell of a lot of money for a pretty ordinary record inho

rolleyes.gif

I'm of that persuasion too.

Don't get me wrong it's a very nice track but it drops into that Luckey Jamal Davis - 'Vacate' category...it's just 'nice'.

I wouldn't swap some of my (waaaay) cheaper tracks for it if I'm honest.

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I am buying all of them and smashing them up. Not a fan of guiltar solos.

Consequently Steve's copy is becoming even more valuable.ph34r.gif

I wonder if its the same Axe God who sneaks in to spoil Brenda Jones`s "Big Mistake"[Mercury]huh.gif . Perhaps he made it it his mission in life to ruin otherwise perfect Soul tunessmile.gif

Social source share

Am I the only one who expected this to go for a lot more money ? I know it wasn't a minter but still i'd have thought it was worth more than this.

after all you can always turn the volume down when the guitar part comes in and then turn it back up after :-)

If it was mine I'd get a cut done and have the guitar solo taken out.

When was the second one on the bay? Still just the three known I take it then?

Social source share

Something like 2 years ago. As someone said before, it was listed as a rock record and I offered the seller some bucks to end the auction early and sell it privately. As everybody seems to knock the record down for the guitar solo, well I think that makes King Moses rather special then bad and that the cliche, that a black man can't play like Angus Young or whoever, is proven wrong on an otherwise 100% soulful record makes it stand out to me. And the rhythm section really kicks a*s while K.M. is playing his solo, this makes the sounwise bad reissue edit even worse, because the sheer power is missing. And am I the only one, who believes, that edits are the last thing soeone should do? K.M. wanted the record to sound like this and cutting a part out is not really respectful to the artist. And you guys tend to forget the great deep soul flipside, but hey, taste differs.

If it was mine I'd get a cut done and have the guitar solo taken out.

When was the second one on the bay? Still just the three known I take it then?

Social source share

Something like 2 years ago. As someone said before, it was listed as a rock record and I offered the seller some bucks to end the auction early and sell it privately. As everybody seems to knock the record down for the guitar solo, well I think that makes King Moses rather special then bad and that the cliche, that a black man can't play like Angus Young or whoever, is proven wrong on an otherwise 100% soulful record makes it stand out to me. And the rhythm section really kicks a*s while K.M. is playing his solo, this makes the sounwise bad reissue edit even worse, because the sheer power is missing. And am I the only one, who believes, that edits are the last thing soeone should do? K.M. wanted the record to sound like this and cutting a part out is not really respectful to the artist. And you guys tend to forget the great deep soul flipside, but hey, taste differs.

TIS A SHIT RECORD AT BEST, INSPITE OF THE NICE GUITAR SOLO, :hatsoff2: AM OF TO LISTEN TO SOME ALICE IN CHAINS :D:hatsoff2:

BRI PINCH

Social source share

I wonder if its the same Axe God who sneaks in to spoil Brenda Jones`s "Big Mistake"[Mercury]:huh: . Perhaps he made it it his mission in life to ruin otherwise perfect Soul tunes:smile:

That's just what I think Ivor - that guitar just ruins what could be a good tune:yes:

Right - back to the King - not too keen of that one either...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert