Fever

Guest posstot

Guest posstot

There are three versions that i absolutely love;

Ben E. Kings' on for soulful lovers L.P is out of this world.

Earl grants' on Decca...is also fooking fabulas!!

Then there's Barbara Englishs' version on roulette which is also superb.

Are there any other versions i should hear out there.!!?? And was it Little Willie Johns' version that is the original?

Mike

Social source share

• Replies 49
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

There are three versions that i absolutely love;

Ben E. Kings' on for soulful lovers L.P is out of this world.

Earl grants' on Decca...is also fooking fabulas!!

Then there's Barbara Englishs' version on roulette which is also superb.

Are there any other versions i should hear out there.!!?? And was it Little Willie Johns' version that is the original?

Mike

marie queenie lyons version for me .

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

I love Ann Margaret's version with her wonderfully affected accent.

There are also quite a few French and Italian versions that are rather exciting. The song lends itself to the sassy swagger of Ye Ye.

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Guest posstot

Little Willie John's version for me, but I quite like this version
ALVIN ROBINSON - FEVER - RED BIRD

OOOOOOOOH suuuzz!!, i do like this one....mmmoooody!!
Social source share

Guest posstot

WOW WEE I WANNA PEE..........What a fantastic response... the latter 50's takes and the early sixties (RNB/SOUL) takes win hands down, for me, in comparrison to some of the more "NORTHERNY" takes on the tune. Freddy Starrs version too i'm affraidlaugh.gif . But in all seriousnous, this must just about be thee most covered track of aaaallllll time, irrespective of music genre...lets face it most popular artists throughout the decades seem to have covered it. Which is where, i feel, most of the distaste for the track is born from. Yet if you take the track for what it originally was, an outstanding piece of RnB...and some of the other versions in the same vein, as i had mentioned initially, your distaste could turn to desire.

I just wish i could put the Ben. E King version up, for starters, but i'm too tick to do it...If someone could, i would be grateful.

I also like the bobby freeman version, and i Know Longy has a couple of different versions too, which are very nice indeed....

...Come on Ste pitch them up for the peeps!!

TTFN

Mike

Social source share

Guest posstot

loads of versions, can see them HERE with release dates etc. See Otis Blackwell one of the co-writers. Quite a few black artist that are of interest to us in amongst the list.

Second hand songs has some great info tucked away in the site.

Nice link Chalkster!!thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest posstot

This one does it for me smile.gif

I like the other side of this on Mercury......anybody want to sell me one!!

referring to the la lupe version here, by the way!!

Edited by posstot
Social source share

Steve Csordas has championed the Ronnie Dyson LP cut of this for a couple of years now & seen it rip up a few dance floors, even saw a room of mostly non NS fans go for this big time in Brighton, classic song, covered by many, but so far RD cuts it for me with his gritty dance floor friendly romp.

Russ

Social source share

I like the other side of this on Mercury......anybody want to sell me one!!

referring to the la lupe version here, by the way!!

CookieCrumbs is selling it at the moment on sales forum. You should try him. It's also a good price compared to prices last year on ebay.

Social source share

Guest posstot

CookieCrumbs is selling it at the moment on sales forum. You should try him. It's also a good price compared to prices last year on ebay.

I'll go see, thanks!!

Social source share

Steve Csordas has championed the Ronnie Dyson LP cut of this for a couple of years now & seen it rip up a few dance floors, even saw a room of mostly non NS fans go for this big time in Brighton, classic song, covered by many, but so far RD cuts it for me with his gritty dance floor friendly romp.

Russ

Got to agree with you Russ..it's the dogs boll@xe... played it out a few times now & it never let's me down...so a big thanx to Steve C for putting me onto it a about a year or so ago....pure class in my book....

Alfie

Social source share

Guest dicklincoln72

Found a strange version by Carlo? on Raftis Records, very 70's rock sound. My personal favourite would be Peggy Lee.

Social source share

Guest posstot

£100.00??huh.gif leg it!!onto.gif

lol's. actually cheap in comparrison to one on ebay a while back....thing i'll hang on though. But i don't like spending over that if it can be helped. Seriously thankyou for the nod....but i'll wait til a bargain turns up me thinks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert