Keith

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

worst record ever played on the scene? could well be

I just heard it on local radio and had a horrible flashback to a time gone by of people actually dancing to this huh.gif . did i dream it or have i still got my faculties?

Whether you still have your faculties or not I couldn't possibly say hatsoff2.gif ..................but yes it certainly was played in the mid 70s, no worse in my opinion than a lot of dreadful pop that has been played on the scene.ohmy.gif

Hopefully never to be heard again though laugh.gif

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif Hi All....KIETH - DAYLIGHT SAVI N TIME. Mercury Records 1967. I still have my original black UK issue and still like itthumbsup.gif However his 98.6 was a massive MOD Dance Hall record in 1967 a wonderful memorable & nostalgic Pop record! memories of RADIO CAROLINE & RADIO LONDON in the year darling Harold shut down the Pirates?ph34r.gif Dave K
Social source share

LOL

Its been YEARS since I last heard this out--so is it now in the "Rare and underplayed section"?

I think it has its place along side "Supergirl"

I still like Keith.....it reminds me of warm summers, packed places, a youthful scene, where everything seemed "new"-packed dance floors with everyone clapping....

But I'd sooner listen to it at home now a days!

Rob

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Slow it may be but at least it's proper SOUL & an 'effin' brilliant unlike the one that this thread is about.

Mickhatsoff2.gif

Its horrendous.

Right up there with The Professionals and the Airplane Song!. aggressive.gif

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Too right mate, times when everyone was right up for itthumbsup.gif just before the cynical side set in and fun was the order of the day!!

Got my own theory about what f++cked up the scene............CRAZY BLUEYS!! paranoia everywhere

Are you talking about me??????hypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gif

laugh.gif people playing cards,fruit machines, doing crosswords etc never happened before they arrived....football and swimming after an allnighter who would believe it now?

the record has its place somewhere on the scene but not in myDetroit top tenlaugh.gif

Steve

Hi to Karenthumbsup.gif

Will do Steve, good to hear from you matethumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Its horrendous.

Right up there with The Professionals and the Airplane Song!.

In the words of a young John McEnroe "you cannot be serious?"

Two magical slices of Detroit Soul IMO - in comparison with some of the crap that's been played over the years including the one that this thread is about (I can't even bear to say its name) then absolutely no contest.

Mick

Social source share

I really like the Keith record, and 98.6, though just as examples of excellent US sunshine pop music of the 60's. Couldn't get on with them as Northern records really. Great productions on these tracks. Anyone remember what the Northern track is on one of his LP's, think it's a version of a well known dancer.

Social source share

worst record ever played on the scene? could well be

I just heard it on local radio and had a horrible flashback to a time gone by of people actually dancing to this huh.gif . did i dream it or have i still got my faculties?

Harry Betts - Theme From The Fantastic Plastic Machine, dont get much worse than that!!!!!

Social source share

The reason Daylight Saving Time was played at Wigan, was pretty much a jokey thing between Richard and I.

As a joke, he(RS) played Gary Lewis and it went massive. Not to be outdone, I played Keith, thinking, surely no one would give it any kudos. That too was huge.

Three years later(1977) I met Jerry Ross, who played me the instrumental. I remarked, if that had been 1974, you would be looking at a 5k seller!

Amazingly, the very same daywith JR, we had an afternoon Inst session at his home in Southampton , PA listening to Love, Love, Love, Apples, Peaches.....even Spanky and our Gang.

Apologies- 36 years on for exposing Daylight Saving Time.

I hated it then, but love it now!

Cheers- KR

Social source share

Turned 56 a month or so ago and to be honest I can recall DST rammin the floor at venues where it was played. I guess "back in the day" there were so many sounds being broken that filled the dancefloor. 20/20 hindsight is a wonderfull thing and I guess that not being there is what allows people to diss some of the sounds that we danced to. Having said that there were tunes that nobody would dance to (not for long anyway - once it was discovered what they actually were) even then (Footsee etc,)

Social source share

The reason Daylight Saving Time was played at Wigan, was pretty much a jokey thing between Richard and I.

As a joke, he(RS) played Gary Lewis and it went massive. Not to be outdone, I played Keith, thinking, surely no one would give it any kudos. That too was huge.

Three years later(1977) I met Jerry Ross, who played me the instrumental. I remarked, if that had been 1974, you would be looking at a 5k seller!

Amazingly, the very same daywith JR, we had an afternoon Inst session at his home in Southampton , PA listening to Love, Love, Love, Apples, Peaches.....even Spanky and our Gang.

Apologies- 36 years on for exposing Daylight Saving Time.

I hated it then, but love it now!

Cheers- KR

Im 99% sure Mick Maguire played it at the Howard Mallet and Norwich all-nighter 74-75 im 100% sure that was on LP and it went down well few year ago i had it on my phone as a wake up call i reli do love the sound billy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert