The Voicemasters

Guest Indalosoulclub

I posted the track on you tube and got a really nice message as follows......Thought some of you may like to know

"My names is James Thompson. I am both the lead singer and the writer of the recordings above. The Voice Masters recorded the songs in the later 1960' for the Bamboo Record label (named after the Mamie's Bamboo Lounge on Kingshighway Ave near Easton Ave in St. Louis, Mo). I am originally from St. Louis, where the members of the group resided. The members of the original group were Morris Henderson - Baritone, Arthur Jeffries (deceased) - 1st Tenor and Godfrey Lewis - 2nd Tenor. Godfrey Lewis was later replaced by Don Bodie, included on some of the later recordings. Gene Chandler (of "The Duke of Earl" fame) was later hired to produce several of the later recordings.

Thank you for including some of us old guys' music in your repertoire! My fraternity brother out of Las Vegas happened across our recordings on your site and informed me. Arthur Jeffries, Paul Robinson (also deceased) and I subsequently formed a group named The Hypnotics. We recorded the song

"Beware of the Stranger" (which is also on You Tube).

Keep up the great work! Here's hoping that God continues to bless you, your family and your business associates as you bless others with your sharing of the music from my youth.

Sincerely,

James T."

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

" Now your Talkin'" Awsome tallent!!

Detroit 1959

Recorded on Anna & Bamboo

" Ty Hunter- Lamont Dozier-David Ruffin-Walter Gaines and Cl Spencer"

Hunter and Dozier from the " Romeos" + Gaines & Spencer from "Five Jets" ( and later were members of the Originals).

" woman catches a fool" is a tune I never tire of.

Hope this is of use and if I got any of it wrong Im sure some one will correct me!! Ha Ha.

Ed

Social source share

" Now your Talkin'" Awsome tallent!!

Detroit 1959

Recorded on Anna & Bamboo

" Ty Hunter- Lamont Dozier-David Ruffin-Walter Gaines and Cl Spencer"

Hunter and Dozier from the " Romeos" + Gaines & Spencer from "Five Jets" ( and later were members of the Originals).

" woman catches a fool" is a tune I never tire of.

Hope this is of use and if I got any of it wrong Im sure some one will correct me!! Ha Ha.

Ed

not the group on anna

Social source share

" Evrything About You" - Anna 1114- Ty Hunter and the Voicemasters. ?

Ty Hunter and the Voicemasters are not the same group referred to in this thread, they are a detroit group that are totally unrelated that just happened to have the same name.

Social source share

Ty Hunter and the Voicemasters are not the same group referred to in this thread, they are a detroit group that are totally unrelated that just happened to have the same name.

Ouch!!!!! slapped my own rist!!

Realy must pay attention!! Ha Ha

Cheers

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert