Can Soulful 60S Soul Be Called Crossover ?

perux

EXAMPLE VERNON GREEN LOOK AT ME AND ANDY FISHER HEARTS BEATING STRONGER ???????

IS CROSSOVER MUSIC WITH STRINGS AND BRASS AND SWEET HARMONYS SET AT A MID TEMPO PACE ? CAN ANYONE DEFINE ? AND WHO COINED THE FRAZE CROSSOVER ?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

While not strictly falling into what most believe to be crossover I would offer up the arguement that mid tempo 60s is the perfect compliment to crossover soul. At "Dab of Soul" we play some mid tempo 60s as well as a majority of crossover because it seems to fit better than any other genre of soul music....certainly better than mixing crossover and up tempo modern soul which so often gets clumbsyly lumped together in the name of "Moddun"!

Chris

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

EXAMPLE VERNON GREEN LOOK AT ME AND ANDY FISHER HEARTS BEATING STRONGER ???????

IS CROSSOVER MUSIC WITH STRINGS AND BRASS AND SWEET HARMONYS SET AT A MID TEMPO PACE ? CAN ANYONE DEFINE ? AND WHO COINED THE FRAZE CROSSOVER ?

Where have you been all week? There's been a hot thread running discussing the very same questions you are asking and there's been 226 ideas (posts) on what crossover is.

Here's the link - fill yer boots:

Social source share

Where have you been all week? There's been a hot thread running discussing the very same questions you are asking and there's been 226 ideas (posts) on what crossover is.

Here's the link - fill yer boots:

DITTO ,

WE COULD SPLIT THIS THING ALL WEEK / YEAR / MILLENIUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

"Can soulful 60s soul be called Crossover ?"

Good question. According to some people, almost anything can be called "crossover"! I've even seen a few "disco" and "modern soul" records listed as "crossover" records.

I've started a thread (...oh no) to explain why I think the "crossover" term just doesn't work:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert