Leon Collins Hidden Gem Of A Record

This has got me thinking... I've got the US copy with "Knowing..." on the flip side and the UK EMI demo - which has got the instrumental flip as "Dynamite explodes..."

BUT - as I wasn't aware that there were two different mixes of the A side (Until Dave mentioned it in post #6)

It poses another question that I can't answer (without finding my copies out) Can anyone say if the UK (vocal side) release is the same mix as the US vocal with Instrumental release?

I'd never thought to compare them side by side as I just thought they were all the same - now I'm beginning to think maybe not.

If so, then no problem as that means I have all the versions already!biggrin.gif

Here you go John

T L C ORCHESTRA - i just wanna say i love you - E M I UK -

Picture_016_0.jpg

LEON COLINS. I JUST WANNA SAY I LOVE YOU. ELF -

Edited by ken
Social source share

• Replies 56
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Leon Collins - I Just Wanna Say I Love You (2:52) / I Just Wanna Say I Love You (Instrumental featuring Sal Spicola on sax) (3:20) Green label E 800.

Leon Collins - I Just Wanna Say I Love You (2:41) / I Just Wanna Say I Love You (4:01) White label DJE8001.

Leon Collins - I Just Wanna Say I Love You (4:01) / Knowing I Love You (3:30) White label issue E8001.

IMHO you need the Green issue for the harder mix of IJWSILY and the White issue for KILY.

Craig Moerer has 61 copies of the White issue if anyone wants one.

These days I think the Green issue is harder to find.

Now can another anorak :thumbsup: fill in the details for the British copy which I guess has the same mix as the Green one.

soulmac.

Social source share

Leon Collins - I Just Wanna Say I Love You (4:01) / Knowing I Love You (3:30) White label issue E8001.

soulmac.

Got 2 copies of this, £11 each including postage if anybody wants one. Minty condition :yes:

Social source share

Thanks Kenthumbsup.gif

I think that answers my question anyway, the two tracks being the same length, sound the same and are way below 4 mins, so I'd say the UK release is the same as the US vocal / Instrumental release.

The side with 'knowing' is just over 4 mins long - I've not found out my US copy of it to compare it though yet to see how different they are to each other.

Cheers!biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert