• Replies 51
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=UVeg_qgLwUQ

would any body play this at a soul night ? i did and went down well with the crowed

rolleyes.gif:hatsoff2:

Crowed eh? Is that the noise they made when you played it :rolleyes:

Actually I've got a copy of this on Turkish Capitol which looks kinda cool. I just like those sort of cheesy swinging pop songs though and wouldn't dream of playing at a soul night. Always had a soft spot for We're Gonna Change The World, though. Great pop song :thumbsup:

Social source share

This is much better if you're interested in blue eyed crooners, Jack Jones' one dedicated stab at doing a "soul" record from 1968 on Kapp,

It actually got some plays on certain black radio stations on the East Coast at the time, white pop music buyers ignored it at the time because it was too gritty to what they were used to from him:

Social source share

if you have to ask a question like this then, i think you're on the wrong website...........the clues in the name SOUL source

Hey - he only asked a simple question. No need to crucify the guy. In fact whenever I hear people say stuff like "you shouldn't be on this site" I always wonder what horrible secrets they have lurking in back of their record boxes :hypo:

Social source share

its a nice example of its type, think i had it once ........not soul. but as we get tired of saying to some on here wigan was not all soulin the strict sense ......donni burdeck,....rufus lumley.......etc.......matt was i believe a south london bus driver before his big break.......ezzie

Social source share

its a nice example of its type, think i had it once ........not soul. but as we get tired of saying to some on here wigan was not all soulin the strict sense ......donni burdeck,....rufus lumley.......etc.......matt was i believe a south london bus driver before his big break.......ezzie

Bradford squire; hence my witty riposte.

Social source share

Hey - he only asked a simple question. No need to crucify the guy. In fact whenever I hear people say stuff like "you shouldn't be on this site" I always wonder what horrible secrets they have lurking in back of their record boxes shhh.gif

Lol m8 dont worry cus i dont ,only bin on the scene 40 years so what do i no ? yes.gif ,and beleive me theres bin alot off crap played ,but not my matt munro wink.gif

Social source share

This is much better if you're interested in blue eyed crooners, Jack Jones' one dedicated stab at doing a "soul" record from 1968 on Kapp,

It actually got some plays on certain black radio stations on the East Coast at the time, white pop music buyers ignored it at the time because it was too gritty to what they were used to from him:

There's another by Jack Jones on RCA Victor (47-9510)- 'Follow Me', that was on a Northern soul tape someone did me years ago, I since found the 45 in a junk shop for 50p and was well chuffed. smile.gif

More upbeat than the one on Kapp and some nice sax work.

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Which Jack Jones Ken? The one on Kapp or the one on RCA?

Help me out, I'm on me Jack (Jones) here....pardon the pun! biggrin.gif

The one Sunnysoul posted,rubbish !!huh.gif

Social source share

ahaaaaaaaaaa wrong again..........im gonna stop postin on herelaugh.gif now searching the net for south london bus drivers who could sing..........i may be sometimewink.gif ez

Reg Varny could play the sax baddly,why i buy these lps beats me laugh.gif

Social source share

Hey - he only asked a simple question. No need to crucify the guy. In fact whenever I hear people say stuff like "you shouldn't be on this site" I always wonder what horrible secrets they have lurking in back of their record boxes :ohmy:

Oh for goodness sake, I expect less bleeding heart stuff from you, he asked a question and it got the answer it deserved, and given the posters previous form on here for being mischievous and his response to me I suspect he was not really expecting an easy ride, why don't we change the rules on here and say you can only say nice things to people, lets not call it a discussion forum, lets call it a sycophantic gathering. Godz, your tail thorns are obviously going soft in your old age.

Now if he had asked if it should be played at a George Lemmons/Vic Reeves pub singer tribute night, the answer might have been different......

And yes I am suffering Monday blues, heightened by missing Hesitations at weekend thanks to fu**ing Ryan Air,

Social source share

Goo on spanner !!!thumbsup.gif lol.

Very good mate, witty ripostes are meant to be all your own idea though rather than having to borrow somebody elses, particularly a girls!

PS Only kidding I think its the bees knees, I wish all soul do's didn't bother playing any soul, would make this scene much nicer place, now if you are not going to appreciate my pearls of wisdom I am off over to the media thread, I will leave this to you lot.

Social source share

Oh for goodness sake, I expect less bleeding heart stuff from you, he asked a question and it got the answer it deserved, and given the posters previous form on here for being mischievous and his response to me I suspect he was not really expecting an easy ride, why don't we change the rules on here and say you can only say nice things to people, lets not call it a discussion forum, lets call it a sycophantic gathering. Godz, your tail thorns are obviously going soft in your old age.

Now if he had asked if it should be played at a George Lemmons/Vic Reeves pub singer tribute night, the answer might have been different......

And yes I am suffering Monday blues, heightened by missing Hesitations at weekend thanks to fu**ing Ryan Air,

These days I don't waste the venom on people asking innocent questions. I save the toxic barbs for grizzled old armour plated hoons like yerself, Jock. And you should have stayed here and gone to see Marlena Shaw in Manchester - she was flippin great!

Social source share

Just heard this and I can honestly say that I am blown completely away!

My father remembers dancing to this when it was a full tilt modern track and a little racey for some, well done Spanner you are doing it both for the DJ's who care and you are showing that mental health does not necessarily mean that you eat your own dung.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

ahaaaaaaaaaa wrong again..........im gonna stop postin on herelaugh.gif now searching the net for south london bus drivers who could sing..........i may be sometimewink.gif ez

1000 apologies

a) For resurrecting this thread

b) for claiming Matt drove his buses in Bradford. Ezzie you're right, none other than South London mine of information has just confirmed over sausage and chips that you were on the ball about being on the buses!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert