Paul Burton - So Very Hard

MarkWhiteley

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This one should be called So very hard to find... Great 45, after years of playing this it's beauty has never diminished for me.

I put it up there with Guitar Ray.

It was repressed on a 12" by Jazzman if you need a stop gap before you find a copy.

Thanx for the infothumbsup.gif do need a 'proper' one thoughyes.gif

M.

Social source share

There used to be a Youtube clip of Paul Burton singing over the record at a party in the States which appears to have been taken down.

I was always led to believe he was a white guy, but the clip showed him to be a very light-skinned black man.

Interestingly the clip was from the 80s: years after the record was made and about a decade before it became popular as a collectors record here.

Anglo American used to have quantity of this and it was on the computerised part of their list at a very low price. As often seems to be the case that was probably the entire stock which existed at the time and once they've been absorbed into collections it's actually turned out to be relatively difficult to track down.

Social source share

There used to be a Youtube clip of Paul Burton singing over the record at a party in the States which appears to have been taken down.

I was always led to believe he was a white guy, but the clip showed him to be a very light-skinned black man.

Interestingly the clip was from the 80s: years after the record was made and about a decade before it became popular as a collectors record here.

Anglo American used to have quantity of this and it was on the computerised part of their list at a very low price. As often seems to be the case that was probably the entire stock which existed at the time and once they've been absorbed into collections it's actually turned out to be relatively difficult to track down.

He's also the singer on the stellar tune You're different by The Soul Aces

Social source share

He's also the singer on the stellar tune You're different by The Soul Aces

Are you sure about that missgoldie? I don't have the Paul Burton 45 anymore but still have the Soul Aces and they never struck me as anything alike vocally. I know the credits on You're Different say Charles Derick but he was the lable owner and didn't sing on the track at all, just a ploy to get more royalties I believe.

Social source share

Are you sure about that missgoldie? I don't have the Paul Burton 45 anymore but still have the Soul Aces and they never struck me as anything alike vocally. I know the credits on You're Different say Charles Derick but he was the lable owner and didn't sing on the track at all, just a ploy to get more royalties I believe.

Jed, it's my understanding he was the 2nd lead vocalist for the Soul Ace's and sung on it... I agree the vocal style is very different. I don't own the record (but would love too) indeed I've never heard the flip which it's mostly sort after for.

Sorry for hijacking your wants thread Mark

Social source share

Jed, it's my understanding he was the 2nd lead vocalist for the Soul Ace's and sung on it... I agree the vocal style is very different. I don't own the record (but would love too) indeed I've never heard the flip which it's mostly sort after for.

No probs, keeps it 'to the fore' as they sayyes.gif

Still wanting........................................................thumbsup.gif

M.

Social source share

Guest jmperlmu

The vocalist on the Soul Aces was the deceased "Little" Herman (Williams?). Burton joined the group later.

Social source share

Source Advert