Paris ? Nighter ?

• Replies 70
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Did I catch a fleeting glance of a Paris future nighter this morning or was ita mirage ?

Details please if so .

I met a french guy (who's name escapes me) in the Blue Posts, having a pre 100 club beer a couple of months ago. He puts on a do once a year

in Paris but i don't remember if it was a nighter.

He was a mate of Yann Vatiste so maybe he would know details.

- Kev.

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

Guest soul elite

yes.gifYes there is definitely a niter in Paris, i nearly went to it a couple of times. saw a few pictures and it is only small and not what we are used to.

could it be the The Ace Of Clubs?

i can ask my x husband if he remembers if you want?

I think its usually on sometime in June.

Edited by soul elite
Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

yes.gifYes there is definitely a niter in Paris, i nearly went to it a couple of times. saw a few pictures and it is only small and not what we are used to.

could it be the The Ace Of Clubs?

i can ask my x husband if he remembers if you want?

I think its usually on sometime in June.

I was talking to Loren at the last Rugby & he was talking about putting a weekender on in Paris but i doubt he's got it all arranged since February.:D:lol:

Carms, i thought i saw something too cus i thought i'd like to go to it.:wicked:

Social source share

I was talking to Loren at the last Rugby & he was talking about putting a weekender on in Paris but i doubt he's got it all arranged since February.g.giflaugh.gif

Carms, i thought i saw something too cus i thought i'd like to go to it.biggrin.gif

I would love to do a Paris weekender rolleyes.gif my fave city. Last time I was there was when I went to the locomotion club under that windmill where all the girls kick legs . It was a bit of a dodgy area but great fun . BTW I still have your fan ohmy.gif

Katrina if you can find out more would be great , now Lionel thre's a blast from the past , haven't seen him post in a while ?

Social source share

Just watched the video , very dark , young blood , lots of excitement ...... thumbsup.gif reminds me a bit of the Boiler club in Barcelona.

If anyone does put anything on I for one would be very interetsed yes.gif and I am sure I could coax another with the right underwear ...o la la laugh.gif where's that french emoticon when you need him ....pah !

Social source share

Guest soul elite

I would love to do a Paris weekender rolleyes.gif my fave city. Last time I was there was when I went to the locomotion club under that windmill where all the girls kick legs . It was a bit of a dodgy area but great fun . BTW I still have your fan ohmy.gif

Katrina if you can find out more would be great , now Lionel thre's a blast from the past , haven't seen him post in a while ?

Yep, will email x husband now and let you know!yes.gif

Social source share

Guest soul elite

Just watched the video , very dark , young blood , lots of excitement ...... thumbsup.gif reminds me a bit of the Boiler club in Barcelona.

If anyone does put anything on I for one would be very interetsed :yes: and I am sure I could coax another with the right underwear ...o la la :laugh: where's that french emoticon when you need him ....pah !

If you send me your email address i'll forward the email that my x husband has sent to me.

Katrina

Social source share

Lionel has been running allnighters in Paris for many years, but they do seem to be spasmodic. It is even rumored that he once slept through one of his own. Went to bed for a few hours kip, woke up next morning having missed it.:D

I am afarid you will find out its not only a rumor :ph34r:

Good buddy Lionel, I love him!

Marc

NB

There was also Laurent organizing things in Paris but he is now living in California (but rumour has it he will be in Berlin for teh May Hip City thumbsup.gif )

Social source share

I am afarid you will find out its not only a rumor :ph34r:

Good buddy Lionel, I love him!

Marc

NB

There was also Laurent organizing things in Paris but he is now living in California (but rumour has it he will be in Berlin for teh May Hip City thumbsup.gif )

As you say Marc, nice guy and great DJ, but soooooooooooooo dis-organised;)

Social source share

Load of us went to the Paris allnighter in 2006 or 2007 in a nightclub with jungle decor near Sacre Coeur. Guy Hennigan was guesting. Really cool place for a weekender. It was a choice of Paris or Prestatyn at the time. Not one of my harder decisions. :lol:

Social source share

Load of us went to the Paris allnighter in 2006 or 2007 in a nightclub with jungle decor near Sacre Coeur. Guy Hennigan was guesting. Really cool place for a weekender. It was a choice of Paris or Prestatyn at the time. Not one of my harder decisions. :laugh:

Yes I bet it took a long time to make that decision.:wink: Thanks Katrina

Social source share

I'm from Paris...and sadly there's nothing serious since 2008 (apart of Loren & Tanguy's event in Brittany)

Many problems : no scene (we are handful of people...all collectors & Dj's, and the mod scene is dead), no venue (too small or too big...and in all cases very hard to deal with), and no motivations.

I'll try to motivate my friend Stephane "Doc" Yver (organizer of "Paris Blues Allnighters") and others Parisians like Lionel, Bruno...to do something.

By the way we'll let you know on Soul Source when a new allnighter will take place.

Thanks

Romain

Social source share

I'm from Paris...and sadly there's nothing serious since 2008 (apart of Loren & Tanguy's event in Brittany)

Many problems : no scene (we are handful of people...all collectors & Dj's, and the mod scene is dead), no venue (too small or too big...and in all cases very hard to deal with), and no motivations.

I'll try to motivate my friend Stephane "Doc" Yver (organizer of "Paris Blues Allnighters") and others Parisians like Lionel, Bruno...to do something.

By the way we'll let you know on Soul Source when a new allnighter will take place.

Thanks

Romain

shame - i'm sure of fair few Brits -us included, would fancy a lighting Eurostar trip and combine with a Paris weekend break. Might be worth you contacting Raphi (Suedehead1970 on ss) who having organised events in Perpignan & Toulouse is now back in Brussels - between you (and others) , something might evolve ?
Social source share

shame - i'm sure of fair few Brits -us included, would fancy a lighting Eurostar trip and combine with a Paris weekend break. Might be worth you contacting Raphi (Suedehead1970 on ss) who having organised events in Perpignan & Toulouse is now back in Brussels - between you (and others) , something might evolve ?

I totally agree with you, I'm sure few Brits (and others) would be happy to come in Paris for a weekend break & soul allnighter (like few did in the past, incl. great Uk DJ's).

I know Raphi but he's based in the south of France and his action is mainly local, and I don't think he could do anything in Paris (and by memory I never saw him in any Paris events in the past...),...but he's always welcome.

Again we'll let you know when something serious will be organised in our (so) beautiful & great PARIS town.

Social source share

I totally agree with you, I'm sure few Brits (and others) would be happy to come in Paris for a weekend break & soul allnighter (like few did in the past, incl. great Uk DJ's).

I know Raphi but he's based in the south of France and his action is mainly local, and I don't think he could do anything in Paris (and by memory I never saw him in any Paris events in the past...),...but he's always welcome.

Again we'll let you know when something serious will be organised in our (so) beautiful & great PARIS town.

Hi Guys,

I am Bruno from Paris (already mentioned in a previous post from Romain) and I agree with him regarding venues but also motivation to do it. Anyway we will do our best Romain, Stephan and myself (others are welcome) for organizing an all nighter in Paris and let you know when and where it should happened.

You should be not disapointed!!

Stay in touch

Bruno

Social source share

I had a great night out in a Paris nightclub about 20 years ago called the Slow Club ( think that was the name still got a box of matches somewhere with the name on) on the Rue de Rivoli. It was a Jazz club and apparently Dizzy Gillespies favourite Paris nightclub back in the day. It was dark and seedy and underground just like a good club should be. All the dancing was jive or chiroc and it was great to watch all these guys lining up to dance with one particular girl - she did all the dancing while the guys twirled her around. What a place that would be to have a allnighter.

Love Paris my missus and son took me there as a surprise for my 50th birthday - there's nothing more guaranteed to get you in a xmas mood than sitting drinking wine ( mulled for my missus) in December in that little square near Sacre Coeur.

Cheers

Manus

Edited by manus
Social source share

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with the thread due to my internet connection failing this last month many times.

Seeing that a moderation post has taken place leads me to assume someone has been disrespectful . Sorry about that you do get a silly comment on here now and then , its the nature of the beast I am afraid.

Please don't judge the rest of us by whatever that person said.

To our french soulmates thanks for responding and I do hope someone does manage to pull something together for Paris as a future venue for a really great trip with some soul thrown in. If it doesn't happen well there is nothing to stop us all getting in touch and having a few beers should we ever make a trip.

Soul doesn't need a massive crowd , just like minded people that appreciate a good sound.

I find it astonishing that there such little motivation in one of the best and most stylish cities in the word?

Please keep me posted if anything ever develops.

I would very interested in coming along , and I am sure a few my friends would too , given a bit of notice.

Social source share

• 3 months later...
Guest Mrs Simsy

On a positive note, just heard from the guys in Paris, lt looks like they may well be getting another one going this autumn. As soon as I get more info will let everyone know. Autumn in romantic Paris, can't beat it.

Dave

Great news! We're in!:lol:

Social source share

Great news! We're in!:lol:

They are hoping to get an October date for it and the venue will be "Les Coulisse" Montmartre, which is where they have held allniters before. Already had a fair few that say they are up for the Eurostar trip there. Will let you all have deffo info next week hopefully.

Dave

Social source share

They are hoping to get an October date for it and the venue will be "Les Coulisse" Montmartre, which is where they have held allniters before. Already had a fair few that say they are up for the Eurostar trip there. Will let you all have deffo info next week hopefully.

Dave

Hope its around 12/13 Oct.Trying to get away for 3/4 days.Love the Montmatre area.I always walk everywhere in Paris,helps to absorb the atmosphere....Anything on midweek?

Social source share

Hope its around 12/13 Oct.Trying to get away for 3/4 days.Love the Montmatre area.I always walk everywhere in Paris,helps to absorb the atmosphere....Anything on midweek?

Yes Dave, I can confirm that we are on going to finalize this week the venue. We are close to say "Paris - Soul All-Nighter" on October 30th.

DJs from UK & France will spin: Northern Soul, Classic Oldies & Rare Soul.

More information, flyers, eFlyers & poster early September.

Stay in touch and good to see in Paris friends from UK. Do we have to save a special eurostar for this event? It should be great!

Best

Bruno

Social source share

Yes Dave, I can confirm that we are on going to finalize this week the venue. We are close to say "Paris - Soul All-Nighter" on October 30th.

Stay in touch and good to see in Paris friends from UK. Do we have to save a special eurostar for this event? It should be great!

Best

Bruno

Fantastic news - bring it on - look forward to hearing more -date already in diary

Could you let me have some flyers when available.

Social source share

Fantastic news - bring it on - look forward to hearing more -date already in diary

Could you let me have some flyers when available.

Hi Andy:hatsoff2:

Thanks for your enthusiastic reply!!

For us it is a great pleasure to have Northern Soul fans from UK in Paris and sharing this common passion for the Northern Soul music.

Welcome!!

Bruno :P

Social source share

Hi Andy:hatsoff2:

Thanks for your enthusiastic reply!!

For us it is a great pleasure to have Northern Soul fans from UK in Paris and sharing this common passion for the Northern Soul music.

Welcome!!

Bruno :lol:

:Phi bruno,hope you are keep well,glad you and your friends are putting this allnighter on i for one will make the trip good luck regards johno

Social source share

Best

Bruno

Wow, please let us know asap as well up for this (especially as in the middle of a french degree)..!

Social source share

Best

Bruno

This is excellent news ! fantastic ..can't wait

Social source share

Guest amedunord

This is excellent news ! fantastic ..can't wait

Hi everyone, I am one of the promoter of the erratic Paris Northern Soul allnighter since end of 1995.

Jo Wallace, Val palmer, Arthur Fenn, Tim Brown, Gilles Ptard, Guy Hennigan, Paul franklin, Gerhard Betz, Romain Bachot, Lionel Girard, Andy Cobb, Alan Handscombe, Kevin Wright, Tanguy Trovel and myself have been already djing at least once.

Here the to a previous post in Soul Source about the nighter held in Paris years ago!

I will definetely go for next one :-)

Social source share

Guest amedunord

Lionel has been running allnighters in Paris for many years, but they do seem to be spasmodic. It is even rumored that he once slept through one of his own. Went to bed for a few hours kip, woke up next morning having missed it.:lol:

Don't know if he really fallen asleep at home or just didn't want to attend that one ???:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest karen b

Dave

Hi Dave,

as confirmed to you on the phone Pete and I will be up for it. We did attend previous niters in Paris and at this venue,

although many many moons ago.......................Pete still remembers the 6 euro half pint coke!!!!:thumbsup:

Please can we get finish time as we left venue 5am and watched sunrise from the top of the gazillion steps at

sacre coeur, and eurostar back was not till 11 ish!!! last time.

and all the Lionel stories are true:wub: bless xxxxxxxx

Karen and Petexxx

Social source share

Hi Dave,

as confirmed to you on the phone Pete and I will be up for it. We did attend previous niters in Paris and at this venue,

although many many moons ago.......................Pete still remembers the 6 euro half pint coke!!!!:thumbsup:

Please can we get finish time as we left venue 5am and watched sunrise from the top of the gazillion steps at

sacre coeur, and eurostar back was not till 11 ish!!! last time.

and all the Lionel stories are true:wub: bless xxxxxxxx

Karen and Petexxx

Hi Karen

Managed to round up a few more since we last spoke, so should be a fair few of us heading to this. We can't make up our minds wether to catch the evening train over or the saturday morning one and have an early Xmas shopping trip round Paris, decisions, decisions, See you at Boomerang

Love

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

:thumbsup:

For all of you who come to Paris All-nighter on October 30th there is good news we will have one hour additional for listening to music and dancing due to winter time change at 3pm on Sunday 31st it will be 2pm!

See you in Paris

Bruno

Very good news indeed.. Relatively nearby for me so count me in Bruno thumbsup.gif

Would have to after the summer seeing as most Parisians seem to be here( SW France ) in the summer !!! yes.gif

All the best,

Russ

Edited by Lobster Madras
Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

Ey up Russ, would be good to catch up, might try and get over...

shall I bring the sandwiches...:thumbsup:

Yes please ! Cheese again, my favourite !laugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Lobster Madras
Social source share

Le Londres du Sud Massif would definitely be up for this one :thumbsup:

That's normally half term week so book your trains early. Does Tef's Sharon still work for Eurostar?

Or Luton to Charles de Gaulle is less than 70 quid return if you don't mind the transfer...

Tee x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert