Terrell/weston/wells/ross

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Tammi Terrell for me. i love the pairing and they just made some wonderful tracks.

They did a good take on the Baby I Need Your Loving song

Social source share

how many of the tracks credited to Tammi were actually her though?

There's plenty of rumours about Oma Heard and Valerie Simpson filling in on her sessions when she was too ill to perform.

ok the ones that were said to be :thumbsup: TAMMI :no:

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Tammi all the way for me - esp. for track below. Surely one of the greatest love songs ever written!!

This question reminds me of being in a pop quiz once.

Question came up: "Who were the THREE female singers that duetted with Marvin Gaye?"

I had a bit of a heated discussion with the question master - along the lines of "Which three of the FOUR did he want?" Being a typical jobsworth he said he would just accept what was on his answer paper!!

From memory I think they had forgotten DR.

MB

Edited by MBarrett
Social source share

Guest soulboy

May I remind you all that it is 40 years a go today that Tammi passed away ,she was and will always be the best for me , just imagine if she had lived longer ,what a waste of a true talent, so its TAMMI all the way for me ,

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

MARVIN AND DIANA NEVER SANG TOGETHER IN THE SAME STUDIO, ALL TRACKS WERE PUT TOGETHER AFTER DOING INDIVIDUAL SOLO'S.

TAMMI FOR ME BY A MILE,

Edited by JIM BARRY
Social source share

MARVIN AND DIANA NEVER SANG TOGETHER IN THE SAME STUDIO, ALL TRACKS WERE PUT TOGETHER AFTER DOING INDIVIDUAL SOLO'S.

TAMMI FOR ME BY A MILE,

Think it was the same with Tammi? think only Kim stood "side by side" at the mic? Gotta say it defo Tammi for me, but one of my fav Marvin Gaye duets has to be "I Want You 'Round" which was with Kim Weston.

When you see footage of Marvin with Tammi on stage, there is such a chemistry there!

Steve

Social source share

Guest little glyn

smile.gif

tammi terrell/ kim weston/mary wells/diana ross are all legends in thier own right but who do you think marvin was at his best with.

tammi terrell for me by a mile,infact i think shes my all time fav female vocalist,an views on thisthumbsup.gif

smile.gif tammi for me everytime is there a recommended cd that is available that puts the majority of their work available to listen too

Edited by little glyn
Social source share

Guest soulboy

smile.gif

smile.gif tammi for me everytime is there a recommended cd that is available that puts the majority of their work available to listen too

yes brill one out a few years ago on motown THE COMPLETE DUETS ,

Social source share

May I remind you all that it is 40 years a go today that Tammi passed away ,she was and will always be the best for me , just imagine if she had lived longer ,what a waste of a true talent, so its TAMMI all the way for me ,

I concur everything above :hatsoff2:

Social source share

god 40 years ago! i think shes the best female singer (soulwise) of all time for me

Social source share

Tammi I say without hesitation - and that would also have been Marvin´s own choice. Marvin was hopelessly in love with Tammi (he wanted to have a relationship, but she was the one who turned his invitations down) and of course he was devastated when she passed. it affected him deeply.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert