Willie Tee, Please Don't Go Value ?

Hi All

Using our colletive knowledge, what do we think 'Please don't go' is worth nowdays. Also is the there much difference in value between the issue and the demo.

Looking at Popsike I'm a little confused, prices seem to be all over the place. I always thought that

A - it was rare

B - the demo very rare

But could be wrong.

Thanks

Dave

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi All

Using our colletive knowledge, what do we think 'Please don't go' is worth nowdays. Also is the there much difference in value between the issue and the demo.

Looking at Popsike I'm a little confused, prices seem to be all over the place. I always thought that

A - it was rare

B - the demo very rare

But could be wrong.

Thanks

Dave

Issue definitive harder than the demo by a rate of about 3 to 1. Issue 450, demo 300 I would have said...

Social source share

The b-side "My Heart Remembers" is probably my favourite Willie Tee recording. Sheer class that I've often thought worthy of spins as an ender.

That lot of four contained a real bargain for the lucky buyer as the Nola demo seems to be in very good nick. Often these are quite badly beaten up.

Social source share

• 1 year later...

I have one but I will never sell it as it's such a great record. I always remember Johnny Rolfe at the Hilsea soul nites having one for sale in his box for £300 and this was in the mid eighties, at the time I didn't buy it. It took me a long time to find another copy as Johnny had sold his, which I paid £250 for but it's not mint, I'd say Excellent minus. I bought this in about 2000 and since have never seen many go through the auctions.

Social source share

Hi Dave

This is the same as mine with the 'Demo not for sale' stamped on the issue which I have had for a long time, I bought it from Pat Brady many moons ago when he still had hair so you can imagine how long I have had it.

As mentioned about the B side "My heart remembers" is way ahead of its time when you consider when it was released I think it was 1962 and its one of my favourite Willie Tee songs also.

When he played at Cleethorpes a few years ago I had the record with me to get his autograph and when he saw it he asked if he could get take it over to show his wife which was pretty unreal.

He then asked me if his son could come over and video us getting his autograph and looking at the records I had brought.

An absolute gentleman and sadly missed.

Thanks guys, many years ago I found a issue in Sid Arthur's Oldies in Florida, that had 'Demo Not For Sale' stamped on the issue.

Social source share

not 62 keith its 1965.......last couple i seen were miles apart.....there was a nice white demo on ebay recently that made about £250.....then i`m sure there was one on here recently for £550 and i think it sold

Dave,

I am at work so I couldnt check but the My heart remembers side is pure quality which I dont think I have heard out anywhere.

As for price who knows pick a number and either double it or half it as it is just pot luck on the day just now with record prices.

But both sides brilliant in my opinion

Keith

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert