• Replies 16
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

ANYONE ANY IDEA ON PRICE FOR THIS ONE AS I NEVER SEE IT AND WONDERED HOW MUCH IT WAS WORTH , THANKS ALL , WOZ

100 pounds last one on ebay sat for ages on a buy it now.

Social source share

should think so to should be 30 to 40, but due to getting a hammering all over the country in the last couple of years people are asking stupid money , but thats are scene all overthumbsup.gif

Tim, its a £60 - £70 record all day long.

Used to go for £30+ in the late 80s when it was first played on the mod scene.

Woz, it's Monguito, not Mongo....might help your search for it.

Social source share

Tim, its a £60 - £70 record all day long.

Used to go for £30+ in the late 80s when it was first played on the mod scene.

Woz, it's Monguito, not Mongo....might help your search for it.

Seen one on here over a year back for 40 if my memory serves me well, also the french issue is a little cheaper and has a better b sidethumbsup.gif

Social source share

Seen one on here over a year back for 40 if my memory serves me well, also the french issue is a little cheaper and has a better b sidethumbsup.gif

Probably so Tim, but that doesn't mean it's only worth £40.

There are a couple of cheaper European releases, but regardless of flipsides, Fania is the ONLY label to have it on IMO :yes:

Social source share

There are a couple of cheaper European releases, but regardless of flipsides, Fania is the ONLY label to have it on IMO :wink:

ITS WORTH WHAT ONE IS PREPARED TO PAY, AS IM NOT PREPARED TO PAY 60 TO 70, DONT LOOK LIKE IM EVER GONNA OWN ONE, BUT ITS TIME HAS COME AND GONE I THINKthumbsup.gif

Social source share

BUT ITS TIME HAS COME AND GONE I THINKthumbsup.gif

Suppose it depends on whether you want it to play out at Northern events, or because you collect Latin Boogaloo.

If its for the first reason, then it's time may well have come and gone.....if it's for the second reason, then it's timeless classic that will always sound the business :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Suppose it depends on whether you want it to play out at Northern events, or because you collect Latin Boogaloo.

If its for the first reason, then it's time may well have come and gone.....if it's for the second reason, then it's timeless classic that will always sound the business :hatsoff2:

Hear ... Hear !

It was always a difficult 45 to get on Fania in the 80s because of the demand on the Mod scene.

Fantastic frantic boogaloo, with Soulful vocals from Ronnie Marks.

An outstanding Latin Soul 45 - better than Harvey Averne and Bobby Valentin ( IMO)

I would not sell my copy for 100 quid - because I know how long it took me to actually get hold of it !

And how pleased I was when I eventually did get a copy !

And how it sounded just as fresh as the day I first heard it when I plonked the stylus on it !

A fantastic 45 IMO

M

Social source share

Hear ... Hear !

It was always a difficult 45 to get on Fania in the 80s because of the demand on the Mod scene.

Fantastic frantic boogaloo, with Soulful vocals from Ronnie Marks.

An outstanding Latin Soul 45 - better than Harvey Averne and Bobby Valentin ( IMO)

I would not sell my copy for 100 quid - because I know how long it took me to actually get hold of it !

And how pleased I was when I eventually did get a copy !

And how it sounded just as fresh as the day I first heard it when I plonked the stylus on it !

A fantastic 45 IMO

M

Absolutely. And if anyone wants to sell me a gold Fania copy for £40 I will happily pay the postage.

I met Monguito in Miami a few years back and he was a lovely chap and was still in touch with Ronnie Marks and most of the rest of the band from that time.

One of the great Fania mysteries of that time was what happened to the Ronnie Marks album which was announced in a press release at the time of his first single. absolutely no trace of it in the Fania vaults.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest woznotwos

Thanks everyone , got myself a copy for 60 squids which im happy with and it sits lovely next to my bobby valentine in the old box , ( mongo ....im such a plank):laugh:

Social source share

There are a couple of cheaper European releases, but regardless of flipsides, Fania is the ONLY label to have it on IMO :wink:

Totally agree.

And if anyone has an extremely nice copy (EX/M-) of the Fania issue "Hey Sister / Work Out" I will take it for an agreed amount Sterling.

Best,

Greg.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert