Requiem For Detroit

Guest Polyvelts

I was shocked to learn that the Klan marched in Detroit ! I knew that scum rises to the surface - but I never knew they went that far north !

Social source share

• Replies 53
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dante

Well, hadn't had any luck.

I tried a proxy server and it worked, but now it says I have to enable Javascript. Of course, it is enabled, but it just keeps showing that and it won't play...

Here's waiting for the DVD.

Social source share

I was shocked to learn that the Klan marched in Detroit ! I knew that scum rises to the surface - but I never knew they went that far north !

The KKK openly demonstrated in any city that had a large Black population , such was - and sadly still is - their hatred for the Black communities in the United States .

Besides the Black communities , the KKK also directed their hate campaign on other nationalities and religious beliefs .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

• 3 years later...

For any Detroit anoraks (like me) there is a programme on BBC2 tonight at 8pm called Requiem For Detroit.

With its thriving car industry and innovative musical output, Detroit was once a beacon of American progress. The fourth largest city in the US, it was also one of the wealthiest, thanks to the Big Three - Ford, General Motors and Chrysler. Today, Detroit is leading the way once more, but not in a good way - poverty and unemployment have soared, and it is the first major US city to become a virtual ghost town. So what lies ahead for Detroit? Directed by Julian Temple, this poignant documentary looks at the past, present and future of the city that once symbolised the Americnan Dream, but is now 'a darkly cautionary tale for the entire industrialised world'.

Anyone who has Keith Rylatts book may find this interesting I suspect.

Mick

BBC4 tonight 21:00

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert