Lee Andrews

..Wondered if anyone could help me on this. Was the Lee Andrews released on another label apart from Lost Nite.

Reason I ask is, I seem to remember this label predominately used for re-issues/second issues and just thought this may have been an example of this.

Any help much appreciated as always

cheers

Jez

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

..Wondered if anyone could help me on this. Was the Lee Andrews released on another label apart from Lost Nite.

Reason I ask is, I seem to remember this label predominately used for re-issues/second issues and just thought this may have been an example of this.

cheers

Jez

Lost Nite is the original release for this great Northern dancer!

Forgotten the story as to how it came to be on this label, surely someone will remember out there?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

cheers

Jez

Yes,used to think the same Jez.Always overlooked cos of the label.Get one before you put the price up!!biggrin.gif

Social source share

cheers

Jez

Is this what you mean, I always thought it was a boot

Psmile.gif

post-9683-12683945804285_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Is this what you mean, I always thought it was a boot

Psmile.gif

Thats the baby! It transpires that it is the original. i hope so now --cos I just got one lol.

Nevertheless by Lee Andrews is on Lost Night and is a boot/reissue----I think!!!!!!!. It has got me thinking though, now Toad has mentioned another--wonder what the definitive originals on this label are ???

Social source share

So now it's real as i allways suspected,whats the price for a minter huh.gif

It's not a dear record listed at £20 in Manships guide, but i've not seen many for sale (i got my copy of JM),

Social source share

It's not a dear record listed at £20 in Manships guide, but i've not seen many for sale (i got my copy of JM),

That case i'll keep mine gogs,till butch plays it!!even bang it in my play box.didnt they come in diferent colours ?

Edited by ken
Social source share

That case i'll keep mine gogs,till butch plays it!!even bang it in my play box.didnt they come in diferent colours ?

Should get played out more imho, but i agree with you pal hold on to it, like i said not seen many for sale.

Social source share

Was it to promote the LP on Lost Nite? Which I think is a 'live' LP - I have it somewhere and I am sure the version of 'Can't do without you' is definitely a live recording.

Top tune whatever the story is.

best,

RB.

had this for 25 years , like others, imagined it to be a boot, oh well 75p well spent

Social source share

had this for 25 years , like others, imagined it to be a boot, oh well 75p well spent

Sure i paid £15 for mine. inflation a funny thing when it comes to records :lol:

Social source share

Sure i paid £15 for mine. inflation a funny thing when it comes to records :lol:

Seen Butch last night at the 100club offered him a tenner to start giving it some wellie,he refused to take me tenner and said what a splendid idea Ken its gonna be in me new play box,nice lad

Offers over 2k by next month.biggrin.gif i'll git Ian D to sell mine and get 3k.

Social source share

Seen Butch last night at the 100club offered him a tenner to start giving it some wellie,he refused to take me tenner and said what a splendid idea Ken its gonna be in me new play box,nice lad

Offers over 2k by next month.biggrin.gif i'll git Ian D to sell mine and get 3k.

Lost Nite was predominately a reissue record label , which was founded by Jerry Greene and Jared Weinstein in the early 1960s . Disc jockey Jerry Blavat was a partner in label until the late 1960s , at which time he sold back his interest in the company to Greene and Weinstein .

Lost Nite , and its sister label Crimson , were known for releasing rare and hard - to - find doo - wop and R&B records . Lost Nite was one of the few labels responsible for keeping the doo-wop genre alive during the late 1960s and 1970s . The most popular single released by the label was " There's A Moon Out Tonight " by The Capris . After the demise of Lost Nite , founder Jerry Greene established Collectables Records in 1980 .

There is a comprehensive and very informative , article on and an album discography for Lost Nite on this link -

https://www.bsnpubs.com/philadelphia/lostnite/lostnite.html

Malc Burton

post-5097-1268553412851.jpg

post-5097-12685537439561.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Lost Nite was predominately a reissue record label , which was founded by Jerry Greene and Jared Weinstein in the early 1960s . Disc jockey Jerry Blavat was a partner in label until the late 1960s , at which time he sold back his interest in the company to Greene and Weinstein .

Lost Nite , and its sister label Crimson , were known for releasing rare and hard - to - find doo - wop and R&B records . Lost Nite was one of the few labels responsible for keeping the doo-wop genre alive during the late 1960s and 1970s . The most popular single released by the label was " There's A Moon Out Tonight " by The Capris . After the demise of Lost Nite , founder Jerry Greene established Collectables Records in 1980 .

There is a comprehensive and very informative , article on Lost Nite on this link -

https://www.bsnpubs.c...e/lostnite.html

Malc Burton

The lps look tops,got Lee Andrews lp bit of a thumbs down save one track............live ? more like canned live !.I think "laugh laugh" is ok to play out ?

Edited by ken
Social source share

The lps look tops,got Lee Andrews lp bit of a thumbs down save one track............live ? more like canned live !.I think "laugh laugh" is ok to play out ?

Possibly Ken : any chance of a SC to refresh the little grey cells ?

One LA release that puzzles me , is the one shown below : Why is the name of TH listed below the song title , and LA's name below ?

Malc Burton

post-5097-12685550380735_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Possibly Ken : any chance of a SC to refresh the little grey cells ?

One LA release that puzzles me , is the one shown below : Why is the name of TH listed below the song title , and LA's name below ?

Malc Burton

Same as this but diferent rolleyes.gif i meant on the same label,sorry

THE BUTLERS--LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH--PHILA BLUE -

Edited by ken
Social source share

Same as this but diferent rolleyes.gif i meant on the same label,sorry

THE BUTLERS--LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH--PHILA BLUE -

I knew what you meant Ken :lol:

Malc Burton

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now