• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

im guessing it means loss of centre,but could be wrongg.gif

p.s.

NOC = NO ORIGINAL CENTRE :thumbsup:

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

how bad can they be,seen a few and its been quite minimal,thinking of buying something for a couple of hundred from musicstack website,but theres no picture or scan

can be quite bad - at worst the label can go over the grooves - i have one 45 where the final couple of revolutions won't play because of this. even when it's not that off-centre, the label can go over the run-out grooves, so you have to be quick stopping the record before the needle skates about across the label.

Social source share

can be quite bad - at worst the label can go over the grooves - i have one 45 where the final couple of revolutions won't play because of this. even when it's not that off-centre, the label can go over the run-out grooves, so you have to be quick stopping the record before the needle skates about across the label.

yeh but this is a uk demo of tammi terrell with no middle ,seems a bit steep on priceyes.gif

Social source share

i got a mint copy of "smile" by clara ward on verve for a dollar! was so excited until i tried to play it. the whole record (label and grooves) were SO off center from the hole that it sounded like a really bad warp!

my only recourse was to put it on the turntable without the 45 adapter and let the table spin. then i poked it and eyeballed it until it was approximately centered.

a pain when DJ-ing, but its such a nice song it is worth it!

Edited by ljblanken
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert