Bargain Of The Year Or What ?

Oh my, I knew I had forgotten sth when I had to rush out of my office this noon...yes, loading up them snipers LOL!

https://cgi.ebay.de/w...E:B:WNA:DE:1123

Sure among the biggest bargains on ebay ever if not of this year. Yes, condition not the best BUT one hell of a rare record, rarer than his Vanessa 45 even and two awesome sides back to back!

Well, I got my minter at home but would have loved to get a spare for trades ... cheeky I know :innocent:

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Oh my, I knew I had forgotten sth when I had to rush out of my office this noon...yes, loading up them snipers LOL!

Sure among the biggest bargains on ebay ever if not of this year. Yes, condition not the best BUT one hell of a rare record, rarer than his Vanessa 45 even and two awesome sides back to back!

Well, I got my minter at home but would have loved to get a spare for trades ... cheeky I know :innocent:

Social source share

Is this rarer than the Vendella's 45 Marc? There was a third one on a blue label up on ebay recently as well I think? Not sure if was the same artist though?

Yes, I would think so. Others seem to share this opinion. But both are extremely rare so it doesn`t really matter which is rarer, does it. Silly of me, excuse me. Haven`t seen a blue one and take it you do not mean KING rec. as in which case we would be indeed speaking about two different artists.

Marc

Social source share

i was watching it and listened to the sound files several times before deciding against bidding cos of condition.............you never know how much the first bidder was gonna go, and i just decided i had spent to much lately to take a risk on it being better when played on arrival..........would have made him an offer it it hadnt gone, .....thats e bay for ya.........ezzie

Social source share

i was watching it and listened to the sound files several times before deciding against bidding cos of condition.........ezzie

Hi Ezzie, I think that might indeed explain the low price. Must admit I didn`t had the time to listen to the soundfile as I was in a rush but would have done so before bidding as well of course. Still ebay has seen worse condition on less rarer records resulting on much higher prices.

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

you do love to tell people what rare tunes you have mark.......will you be my herothumbsup.gif

Social source share

Sorry I don't get this how is it a bargain if it's fucked condition wise? the sound file sounds terrible.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Agree with you Mark, it sounded horrible, plus 2 cracks, for once the punters got it right and left it alone, rare or not some records deserve to be binned.whistling.gif

Social source share

Yes, I would think so. Others seem to share this opinion. But both are extremely rare so it doesn`t really matter which is rarer, does it. Silly of me, excuse me. Haven`t seen a blue one and take it you do not mean KING rec. as in which case we would be indeed speaking about two different artists.

Marc

Hi Marc, yes guess it doesn't matter really at this level of rarity :thumbsup:

I think the blue/turquoise 45 i saw was one of the Savannah Int. 45s listed here by Sir Shambling, turns out from a cursory Popsike search its not a tough record:

Discography

My heart is yours / The boomerang thing ~ PJ 1002 (as LITTLE WILLIE)

Loneliness / Darling lets love ~ VENDELLA'S 101 (1969)

Lay it on me / That's how it is ~ DRIVE 6224 (1971)

Its got to be tonight / Between the lines ~ CAT 1979 (1972)

Left over love / I can't see myself ~ FUTURE STARS 1009 (1975)

Glory of love / I'm depending on you ~ JAM 0002

These arms of mine / Respect ~ MIGHTY 100000-1 / SAVANNAH INT 10000 (1981)

Its me / What I'm going to do (without your love) ~ SAVANNAH INT 1103 (1982)

Social source share

Guest alanbonthrone

Sorry I don't get this how is it a bargain if it's fucked condition wise? the sound file sounds terrible.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

The Boomerang. Sounds Like Its Been Hit With A Boomerang.

Social source share

you do love to tell people what rare tunes you have mark.......will you be my herothumbsup.gif

The worst thing about your new hero: He plays hours and hours of this rare stuff when DJ`ing. Shame on you Marc, shame on you!

:thumbup:

Badly scratched records you can`t play anymore are rubbish. Even if it`s the only known copy on this planet...

There`s a Devotions - Can You Explain/Do Do De Dop on ebay in the moment...but it`s kaputt! So what?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert