:thumbsup:

Edited by rotherham soul
Social source share

Eyup Joe

Wrong way round,it's Roy in the suit and tie

I allus thought Roger and Roy were brothers``

ATB Ian

:thumbsup:

your right, I misstyped the names... too many dirty lagers at the Washy this afternoon.... deffo cousins though... edited to put it right...

Edited by pikeys dog
Social source share

ISN'T THAT THE LATE GRAHAM WILLIAMSON FROM RAWMARSH SAT IN THE CORNER AT 1.45, TOP MAN . BORT SOME NICE STUFF OF THE FELLA AND MASSIVE SHOCK WHEN HE PASSED ON :thumbsup:

BRI PINCH

OH, AND THAT BEARD OF MINE, AT THE TIME I THORT I LOOKED QUITE COOL. LOOKING BACK I LOOKED GAY AS FOOK.

BRI.

Edited by bri pinch
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Rotherham Travellers rest from Tony Foulds archive (Little Tony)

Lesley Singleton DJing (RIP) Is that you in there Joe Dutton ????

R & K

You can tell it was taken years ago , as the tables are not full of flyers :thumbsup:

Malc Burton

• Helpful 1
Social source share

ISN'T THAT THE LATE GRAHAM WILLIAMSON FROM RAWMARSH SAT IN THE CORNER AT 1.45, TOP MAN . BORT SOME NICE STUFF OF THE FELLA AND MASSIVE SHOCK WHEN HE PASSED ON :thumbsup:

BRI PINCH

Correct Bri - it is Graham .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Good little venue the Travellers. Was a resident there. Hard to make out the faces on phone at minute will have decent look when I get home. Know I was spinning the track on Frog around then, please come back, but dunno if that was how it has been edited or part of Lesley' s set?

Social source share

Good little venue the Travellers. Was a resident there. Hard to make out the faces on phone at minute will have decent look when I get home. Know I was spinning the track on Frog around then, please come back, but dunno if that was how it has been edited or part of Lesley' s set?

I think I've seen you Chalky, just your back though-its the way you are standing and holding your pint !!!

Rob

Social source share

Guest Barry Holland

Used to go to the Travellers a lot back then. Can't remember if i was there this night, but used to go to do's with Paul Houlden a lot then. Just been looking through some old flyers from late 80's through the 90's. Found quite a few from the Travellers, Canklow, Capones, Harlem Shuffle (at The Tivoli), The Backtrax Sixties Soul nights at The Take Two in Sheffield (i think Ray Hudson also promoted), plus 100's of other soul nights from around the country. Also found out my Back Track Promotions membership card, Backtrax membership card (Take two) and my Back Room Soul Club card which is dated 31/5/91. Don't we collect (hoard) some stuff. Wife thinks it's rubbish, but i'll never throw any of it away. Memories no one can take away. I wish i'd got the skills to put pictures on the computer, but unfortunately i'm still a beginner. All the best, Barry, KGB, KTF.

Edited by Barry Holland
Social source share

A few A5 posters that Ray gave me years ago...

post-1281-12680694863516_thumb.jpg

post-1281-12680695428473_thumb.jpg

post-1281-12680694387186_thumb.jpg

Ray was a creditable designer - as well as a printer - of handbills .

Malc Burton

Social source share

• 2 years later...

I was on a train from Swinton last year and one of the "dancers" at the Blue Minx tried to dodge her fare --£2.35 by offering the conductor a £50 note, he said ok but she could get her change from Sheffield booking office in the morning--she soon found the right money !

Another one bites the dust is the Carpet Warehouse still there

Social source share

I was on a train from Swinton last year and one of the "dancers" at the Blue Minx tried to dodge her fare --£2.35 by offering the conductor a £50 note, he said ok but she could get her change from Sheffield booking office in the morning--she soon found the right money !

Another one bites the dust is the Carpet Warehouse still there

Ain't the Pinches twins been hanging around Swinton station recently? :shhh::D

Carpet place across the dual carriageway was still there last time I looked.

Perhaps the dancer should have tried using a 100 euro note instead :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!