Old Footage Chesterfield & Rotherham

• Replies 25
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I must have been hiding from camera Rob :lol: Never missed a Canklow and DJ'ed there quite a few times.

Can't remember the actual dates for the Aqua, but I would have thought 92/93 maybe? Did John Kingan had summat to do with 'em. They were a Sunday night session but didn't last long if I remember rightly.

PS I was given a photo of me at the Wilton on Friday from Sept '87 in Mansfield :thumbup: Did you ever manage to find any of me Rob? I've got 3 I think :lol:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

I must have been hiding from camera Rob :lol: Never missed a Canklow and DJ'ed there quite a few times.

Can't remember the actual dates for the Aqua, but I would have thought 92/93 maybe? Did John Kingan had summat to do with 'em. They were a Sunday night session but didn't last long if I remember rightly.

PS I was given a photo of me at the Wilton on Friday from Sept '87 in Mansfield :thumbup: Did you ever manage to find any of me Rob? I've got 3 I think :lol:

Ive just found a belter from the 100 club -you look about 3laugh.gif

getting a new PC Chalky-as old one is acting up-so on the Laptop at moment with no scanner

they'll be on as soon as I'm upwardly mobile again !

Rob

Social source share

Guest Decroco

There are two faces that are no longer with us on the clip, which are Pete Day and the MIGHTY BUB.

Thanks for that Karen n Rob.

Wayne

Edited by Decroco
Social source share

There are two faces that are no longer with us on the clip, which are Pete Day and the MIGHTY BUB.

Wayne

0.13 seconds in , that is John Benson if I am not mistaken .

Malc Burton

Social source share

I must have been hiding from camera Rob :thumbup: Never missed a Canklow and DJ'ed there quite a few times.

91/92 and on a Sunday, I used to go and cadge lifts back to Sheffield.

John Kingan definately DJed there, also think Steve Croft used to DJ/possibly run the night.

Social source share

Wayne

Bub - A hero - Its been Ten Years since he passed and he still looms large in the memory. A real gentleman and a true Northern Soul legend.

Social source share

Ive just found a belter from the 100 club -you look about 3:lol:

getting a new PC Chalky-as old one is acting up-so on the Laptop at moment with no scanner

they'll be on as soon as I'm upwardly mobile again !

Rob

3 :thumbsup: look forward to it Rob. I've hardly got any of me from years ago.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Just in from work and had another look at it

Good long shot of Karen of dancing at the Aquarius, black & white polka dot jacket. Also dancing there is Jarvis Ellis from chesterfield

Looks like the back of Karens & Lesley singletons heads in the Canklow shots as well

and don't Tony look young !!!

R & K

Social source share

I never missed a Canklow, used to love watching visitors slip as the floor turned to a sheet of ice! We pass Canklow nearly every time we are on the way to a nighter, great memories.

I was disappointed with only 3 people seen to be smoking on the video !! It used to kill me in there-I'd need an iron lung for a week afterwards it was that bad !!

Only lived down the road in Kimberworth at the time!!

Rob

Social source share

0.13 seconds in , that is John Benson if I am not mistaken .

Malc Burton

Guilty as chargedthumbsup.gif - having a word with Garry & Linda Sharpley. Also spotted Derek White, coming back from the bar with a few beers. Quite a few others on there I recognised also!

That was definately Canklow as I don't think I got to the Aquarius Sunday night do's - usually went to Capones in Rotherham when I was on the right shift for a night out.

That one of The Travellers Rest, I spotted a brief shot of the Pinches Brothers Dave and Bri.

Doesn't time fly...laugh.gif

Social source share

Guilty as chargedthumbsup.gif - having a word with Garry & Linda Sharpley. Also spotted Derek White, coming back from the bar with a few beers. Quite a few others on there I recognised also!

That was definately Canklow as I don't think I got to the Aquarius Sunday night do's - usually went to Capones in Rotherham when I was on the right shift for a night out.

That one of The Travellers Rest, I spotted a brief shot of the Pinches Brothers Dave and Bri.

Doesn't time fly...laugh.gif

I'll get in touch with Tony If it's the same tape there should be some clips of Capones on it.

I think it was Pete McShane (Macky) who shot the Tape round about '93/'94 time

Social source share

CERTAINLY REMEMBER PETE MACK WANDERIN AROUND WITH THE CINE CAMERA A TIME OR TWO AT THE TRAVELLERS AND CANKLOW, IN THE CANKLOW SHOTS THINK IT'S ME AND OUR DAVE DJING ON THE STAGE, WE'D DJ BI MONTHLY FOR RAY HUDSON AT THE TRAVELLERS AND EARLY CANKLOW GIGS, HAPPY DAYS INDEED.

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

CERTAINLY REMEMBER PETE MACK WANDERIN AROUND WITH THE CINE CAMERA A TIME OR TWO AT THE TRAVELLERS AND CANKLOW, IN THE CANKLOW SHOTS THINK IT'S ME AND OUR DAVE DJING ON THE STAGE, WE'D DJ BI MONTHLY FOR RAY HUDSON AT THE TRAVELLERS AND EARLY CANKLOW GIGS, HAPPY DAYS INDEED.

BRI PINCH.

So you were "Bi" at Canklow and Gay as FOOK at the Travellers:laugh: Bri:laugh:

you want to be careful what you put in these posts--people will be talking !!!

K & R

Social source share

Guest Derek White

<>

Spot on John.

Sanch from mexborough is also stood at the bar

recognise loads more on the vid.

happy days

Derek.

Social source share

Guest Decroco

I'll get in touch with Tony If it's the same tape there should be some clips of Capones on it.

I think it was Pete McShane (Macky) who shot the Tape round about '93/'94 time

Worked with Pete dahn't pit at Silverwood, true gent he was and a good laugh.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert