King Diamond

I was fortunate enough to pick up a copy of this incredibly soulful tune a while ago:

King Diamond - A message to a black woman

Besides it being a fantastic funky crossover gem that seems to be getting some spins of late and demand going up, i searched on ebay t'other day and noticed there's one on there but a different coloured label. to mine.

Just wondered what the difference between the blue label and the orange/reddy pink label is?

Cheers

Azza

Edited by LilJimmyCrank
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I was fortunate enough to pick up a copy of this incredibly soulful tune a while ago:

King Diamond - A message to a black woman

Besides it being a fantastic funky crossover gem that seems to be getting some spins of late and demand going up, i searched on ebay t'other day and noticed there's one on there but a different coloured label. to mine.

Just wondered what the difference between the blue label and the orange/reddy pink label is?

Cheers

Azza

Arron , got to agree with ya mate - its an amazin tune and rapidy becoming a fav @Riley Smith .Think non blue label is rarer , though may be wrong
Social source share

This is O C Tolbert under a pseudonym. Message is a great tune, but IMO the other side That's All She Wrote (also covered by Gil Billingsley) is even better. A perfect piece of austere soul.

Just picked one up from this site last week, top tune

Social source share

Arron , got to agree with ya mate - its an amazin tune and rapidy becoming a fav @Riley Smith .Think non blue label is rarer , though may be wrong

That's what I thought andy but only based that on recent prices, which as we all know shouldn't be taken as gospel!

Anymore info anyone?

Social source share

That's what I thought andy but only based that on recent prices, which as we all know shouldn't be taken as gospel!

Anymore info anyone?

The blue issue seems to be less commonly available.

This is a tune you can still pick up for a tenner if you look around (pink/orange issue)

But not for long as it is being picked up on..

Great tune - both sides

ATB

Greg.

Social source share

The blue issue seems to be less commonly available.

This is a tune you can still pick up for a tenner if you look around (pink/orange issue)

But not for long as it is being picked up on..

Great tune - both sides

ATB

Greg.

Craig Moerer has one @ $150

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KING-DIAMOND-A-Message-To-The-Black-Woman_W0QQitemZ310131188036QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item4835426144

Social source share

Brill tune! gave it some air play on 'Soul People' the Sunday morning soul show on Solar Radio........Gettin spins at t'Orwell at Bury Town Hall and The Nantwich Crossover sessions. Deffo gonna get a spin in the Room at the Top at Lowton on May thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert