What A Difference A Day Makes

Illya

I loved this record from the days of Cleethorpes where I first heard the Esther Phillip version I nearly owned a Ben E King 45 on Spanish Atlantic till I got snipped on eBay, but got it on a LP Atlantic MONO Also I did have Ruby and the Romantics on an LP version.. How many others are there???

ANdy :hatsoff2:

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I loved this record from the days of Cleethorpes where I first heard the Esther Phillip version I nearly owned a Ben E King 45 on Spanish Atlantic till I got snipped on eBay, but got it on a LP Atlantic MONO Also I did have Ruby and the Romantics on an LP version.. How many others are there???

ANdy :hatsoff2:

I always liked Patti Austin's version on Coral.

Social source share

This is one of those american song book type of tunes, a standard that has been covered by so many, first composed in the 1930's in spanish, then english lyrics written a few years later. originally 'What a difference a day made'

Big tune for Dinah Washington in the 50's on both the R&B charts and Pop chart in the U.S.

Their have been lts of both pop and R&B versions

Here's a few R&B ones

Arethea Franklin

Diana Ross

Deborah Cox

Bobby Bland

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

This is one of those american song book type of tunes, a standard that has been covered by so many, first composed in the 1930's in spanish, then english lyrics written a few years later. originally 'What a difference a day made'

Big tune for Dinah Washington in the 50's on both the R&B charts and Pop chart in the U.S.

Their have been lts of both pop and R&B versions

Here's a few R&B ones

Arethea Franklin

Diana Ross

Deborah Cox

Bobby Bland

Dave

I bet the Bobby Bland is interesting I take it will be on DUKE, thanks for the info

Andy

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert