Metros - Sweetest One Lp

macca

I'm feeling very elated after managing to acquire, after much searching, a stone mint copy of this great Pied Piper produced album. The 'dynagroove mono recording' vinyl weighs a ton and that glorious black RCA Victor label gleams like it was pressed yesterday. It's so new looking, cover included, that it raised suspicions initially. It's been on my turntable all afternoon and is proving a thoroughly enjoyable listening experience. There's everything from Doo Wop (Blue Velvet), killer Detroit Soul (Time Changes Things, Do The Pied Piper, Since I Found My Baby, Till The End Of Time) to blues romps like 'I'm In It All The Way'. It cost me 85 euros including shipping, but I think it's a privilege to own such a slice of Detroit Soul history in perfect condition. A better trained eye might be able find a few faults with it, but to me it looks almost perfect, new even. Apart from Since I found My Baby and Sweetest One, which I believe was a big hit for them, what other tracks were released on 45 off this LP?

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'm feeling very elated after managing to acquire, after much searching, a stone mint copy of this great Pied Piper produced album. The 'dynagroove mono recording' vinyl weighs a ton and that glorious black RCA Victor label gleams like it was pressed yesterday. It's so new looking, cover included, that it raised suspicions initially. It's been on my turntable all afternoon and is proving a thoroughly enjoyable listening experience. There's everything from Doo Wop (Blue Velvet), killer Detroit Soul (Time Changes Things, Do The Pied Piper, Since I Found My Baby, Till The End Of Time) to blues romps like 'I'm In It All The Way'. It cost me 85 euros including shipping, but I think it's a privilege to own such a slice of Detroit Soul history in perfect condition. A better trained eye might be able find a few faults with it, but to me it looks almost perfect, new even. Apart from Since I found My Baby and Sweetest One, which I believe was a big hit for them, what other tracks were released on 45 off this LP?

Class album and how good is 'I'm With You All The Way' needs playing at the venues that track stunning.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Thats it innit - just the two 45s off the lp I think.

Do the pied piper is good dancer aswel IMO

Fantastic LP - My copy wont be going anywhere any time soon - A joy to place the stylus on !

Social source share

Time Changes Things is on 45 - on the other side of Sweetest One

swapped my album for a boot of Jock Mitchell ages ago :) cant remember which record dealer i did the deal with though?

must add that i knew what i was getting and was not ripped off, just in case it sounds that way

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

Time Changes Things is on 45 - on the other side of Sweetest One

And what a great double sider that is as well, forgot I had that 45, must go and dig it out, assume all the 45's are same cuts as LP cuts?

Probably in the 10 greatest 60's soul LP's, quality detroit dance through and through!

Social source share

You'll notice my recent 33's sales didn't include my copy of this, you'd have to be mad to let it go once you've got it!!!! Any demo copies out there? Mines a mint black issue. Lee

easy tiger, lets not get personal :)

Social source share

METROS - DON'T LET HER GIVE YOU SOME OF HER LOVE - UNISSUED -

METROS - WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR LOVE - SOUL KING -

They won't be from same session will they Simon, they will be later Ron Murphy stuff no?

Jim O'Hara got a metros track along with the Deon Jackson first I think, can't remember which Metros, but were direct from Ron, isn't there a couple of different takes of WWWYL or am I thinking of another one?

Social source share

They won't be from same session will they Simon, they will be later Ron Murphy stuff no?

Jim O'Hara got a metros track along with the Deon Jackson first I think, can't remember which Metros, but were direct from Ron, isn't there a couple of different takes of WWWYL or am I thinking of another one?

Edited by simon t
Social source share

You'll notice my recent 33's sales didn't include my copy of this, you'd have to be mad to let it go once you've got it!!!! Any demo copies out there? Mine's a mint black issue.

Just a reminder of how good it looks, superb cover! Lee

post-11820-12669538403279_thumb.jpg

Is'nt that the more common Stereo copywhistling.gif

Sorry Lee ,could'nt resist no.gif

Social source share

There are two takes of WWWYL, they are both on the cd of Detroit stuff Goldmine put out of the stuff from Ron Murphy. CDS boxed away so can't get to the notes. Rob Marriott used to spin the Don't Let Her Give You Some Of Her Love........

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Have always loved this group and have had the pleasure of becoming good friends with Percy and Alfred , I'm still hopeful that they will come over to the uk as some of you know that they pulled the plug for Various reasons last time they were due to appear , at present I'm working on a new track with them which we plan to record in Detroit in May . been in talks about my plans to Ryan Dunn the son of Gordon who is all for working with Percy and Alfred , shame that Joe Buckman doesn't want anything to do with the music scene anymore .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert