Two People

Chalky

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i heard this on a tape in the early 80s..knew it was brill the 1st time i heard it..+ had to get one,,,im so glad its huge at the mo. i know the words off by heart as a northern tune it has EVERYTHING!! ...sorry chalks dont know who playd it first though.....Russ Winstanley??? - ill get me coat!

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

i heard this on a tape in the early 80s..knew it was brill the 1st time i heard it..+ had to get one,,,im so glad its huge at the mo. i know the words off by heart as a northern tune it has EVERYTHING!! ...sorry chalks dont know who playd it first though.....Russ Winstanley??? - ill get me coat!

Is it big again? Who is playing it out now?

I agree Mark, brilliant tune. Reactivated at the Dome in the mid 90s (can't remember who played it) where it went down a storm, perfect for that time and place.

Social source share

Two People-- Stop Leave my heart alone -- Revue

This was a top tune at the Howard Mallett Club during the early 70`s.

1972/73 I first got a copy from John Anderson.

Tony Dellar

Social source share

Tony Dellar

thanks for that Tony. Obviously I didn't hear it till the 80's and remember it being a big record at places like the 100 Club as Ady says but can't remember for the life of me who was playing it.

Social source share

thanks for that Tony. Obviously I didn't hear it till the 80's and remember it being a big record at places like the 100 Club as Ady says but can't remember for the life of me who was playing it.

It was Keb who played it at the 100 Club , Clarkie shifted quite a few .. lol . whistling

Social source share

That's because you're quality!

Magic,cheers Ady laugh.gif thought we would have seen you at Andys allnighter,hope everything is ok !!.Ken

Edited by ken
Social source share

Two People - Stop Leave My Heart Alone

Who first played this?

The first person I knew to have / play this was 'Big Barry' from Rhyl (sadly now deceased) and the year was 1975. It used to clear the floor @ the Riverboat room in Rhos - on - Sea, along with many other 'future Northern Biggies'.

Regards Ricardo. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Tony Dellar

1st time I heard it was in Tony Walker's mum's pub in 1973.

I played it out in 74/75.

Can't remember ever hearing it at any of the big three at the time (Blackpool, Cheethorpes or Wigan).

That doesn't mean it wasn't played at any of them.

Top marks to who ever played it at Howard Mallett.thumbsup.gif

Dave.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert