1980's Radio 1 Interview With Guy Hennigan

Soul16

Hi everyone,

Whilst attempting to clear the loft at home today, I found an old audio cassette recording I made of Janice Long interviewing Guy Hennigan on Radio 1.

Some of you may remember it, but it was around 25 years ago...

It makes interesting listening & so I thought that it may be worth uploading to Youtube in a few weeks, but seeing as Youtube is a video sharing website, it's not possible just to upload audio files. I don't have the time or know-how to produce Oscar winning videos, so I thought I could just use some Jpeg images of the records played to create a video file.

I was hoping that some of you out there might have Jpeg scans of the records below that you could put up here for me to save & then use on Youtube.

It would be appreciated if anyone could help, if you want me to credit you for the use of your scan, I will be happy to do so.

Also, if anybody should object to me uploading the interview for any reason (it's possible!), just PM me & I may reconsider the whole idea.

Music Played:

Mill Evans & the Esquires - First time (C/U??)

Brooks Brothers - Lookin' for a woman

Jackie Day - Naughty boy

The Inverts - Time will change

Roscoe Shelton - You're the dream

Chuck Carter - He's a lover

Len Jewel - Bettin' on love

The Inticers/Enticers - Since you left

The Gems - I'll be there

Ronnie Forte - Whisky talkin'

Butch Baker - Fat man at the Go Go

Cheers,

Andrew

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Chris Waterman

You could add it to Refosoul here on SS, which would be much easier and no need for scans or video

Edited by Chris Waterman
Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Mark Hanson has uploaded some scans on the Top Of The World 25 Year Reunion page on Facebook, you will find the Brook Brothers scan there

Social source share

Roscoe Shelton - You're the dream

Chuck Carter - He's a lover

Cheers,

Andrew

I remember this and I also recorded it at the time, it is in the garage with the rest of my tapes.

You won't find scan for the above two they are unreleased but Chuck carter is a Brunswick recording I believe, some of those who have cut it have used a doctored Brunswick label.Roscoe Shelton unissued SS7.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Hi Chalky

Chuck Carter "I'm A Lover" later came out on a Kent lp, 079 Sophisticated Sounds.

A Great record that maybe someone should give Ady a big nudge to do a belated 45 release on ?

Dave.W

Hi Dave, I forgot about that, wonder if it made a Kent cd I know it made a Goldmine/Soul Supply cd.

Magic record, sort of record you wonder why it got canned when you hear some of the stuff that did make a release.

Social source share

I remember this and I also recorded it at the time, it is in the garage with the rest of my tapes.

You won't find scan for the above two they are unreleased but Chuck carter is a Brunswick recording I believe, some of those who have cut it have used a doctored Brunswick label.Roscoe Shelton unissued SS7.

Thanks for the scans and the info regarding Roscoe Shelton & Chuck Carter.

For me, the best records played that night have to be 'First Time' & 'Time Will Change' - Brilliant stuff.

Edited by Soul16
Social source share

Roscoe Shelton came out on a Charly LP, Rare Soul Uncovered.

All brilliant tracks, taped it meself, fave track was "first time"

Also have a tape of Tim Brown on radio 1 about the same time.

Social source share

post-11139-12666943248438_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert