• Replies 51
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Just seen a copy on Jetsream and wondered if that is the orig ... or the copy I have :hatsoff2:

Can any of you knowledgable people help?

Here's my Atlantic demo

post-11139-1266506902398_thumb.jpg

The Atlantic came out in November 1972, Mike. The Jetstream (which I'm certain is exactly the same recording) didn't come out till later, apparently - although I wouldn't swear to that.

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

thank you good.gif

The Atlantic came out in November 1972, Mike. The Jetstream (which I'm certain is exactly the same recording) didn't come out till later, apparently - although I wouldn't sweat to that.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

thank you :good:

I've just noticed that there's a 1971 date on the Atlantic, which is probably the date that the Jetstream issue first came out. It's a bit hard to tell for sure from the Jetstream label listing excatly what was released when - numbers seem to have been allocated quite arbitrarily and without any regard to the actual order that the records came out in.

If I can make any more sense of the mess I'll let you know.

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

I've just noticed that there's a 1971 date on the Atlantic, which is probably the date that the Jetstream issue first came out. It's a bit hard to tell for sure from the Jetstream label listing excatly what was released when - numbers seem to have been allocated quite arbitrarily and without any regard to the actual order that the records came out in.

If I can make any more sense of the mess I'll let you know.

I did a little bit of searching Tony and found this:

Barbara Lynn - Nice & Easy

Label: Jetstream Records

Catalog#: 811

Format: 1976

Side A: You Better Quit It

Side B: Nice & Easy

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I did a little bit of searching Tony and found this:

Barbara Lynn - Nice & Easy

Label: Jetstream Records

Catalog#: 811

Format: 1976

Side A: You Better Quit It

Side B: Nice & Easy

:hatsoff2:

According to the Ace database, 811 was first released in 1974

812, however (a Jean Knight 45) was released in 1972, and I know that for sure because that was when I bought a copy!

...not so 'nice and easy' as if first appeared, then:thumbup:

Social source share

According to the Ace database, 811 was first released in 1974

812, however (a Jean Knight 45) was released in 1972, and I know that for sure because that was when I bought a copy!

...not so 'nice and easy' as if first appeared, then:thumbup:

all a bit confusing for me :hatsoff2: I just found this in a discography; it lists You better quit backed with (Daddy hot stuff) you're too hot to hold on Atlantic 2880 * 1972

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I would have thought the Jetstream would have been the 1st issue then picked up for national by Atlantic. Although different sides to the Jetstream 811 and the Atlantic issue I can't see why Jetstream would put it out after Atlantic.

Pub Crazy Cajun Music appears on a lot of Jetstream.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I would have thought the Jetstream would have been the 1st issue then picked up for national by Atlantic. Although different sides to the Jetstream 811 and the Atlantic issue I can't see why Jetstream would put it out after Atlantic.

Pub Crazy Cajun Music appears on a lot of Jetstream.

It's all a bit confusing with Barbara and Atlantic and Jetstream. "Until Then I'll Suffer" was supposedly out on the Jetstream 45 before the Atlantic isssue - but, of course, both tracks had already been issued on Barbara's 1967/8 Atlantic LP before either of the singles!

I don't think that it's just a manner of saying Jetstream = local = first, Atlantic = national = second. there's a lot more to it than that, based on some first hand research I did back in 2001 - I've actually been in the vault where all the Jetstream/Crazy Cajun tapes are stored, in Houston. The information on them was often as confusing as the chronology of the releases!

BTW the Jetstream issue of Johnny Copeland's "Sufferin' City" came out after the Atlantic 45, too.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

It's all a bit confusing with Barbara and Atlantic and Jetstream. "Until Then I'll Suffer" was supposedly out on the Jetstream 45 before the Atlantic isssue - but, of course, both tracks had already been issued on Barbara's 1967/8 Atlantic LP before either of the singles!

I don't think that it's just a manner of saying Jetstream = local = first, Atlantic = national = second. there's a lot more to it than that, based on some first hand research I did back in 2001 - I've actually been in the vault where all the Jetstream/Crazy Cajun tapes are stored, in Houston. The information on them was often as confusing as the chronology of the releases!

BTW the Jetstream issue of Johnny Copeland's "Sufferin' City" came out after the Atlantic 45, too.

Yup, all very confusing that's for sure.

Social source share

I've got the Jetstream as well, but i don't think anyone would have a problem with anyone playing both issues as originals.

I wouldn't personally Matt, but judging by plenty of threads on these forums a five year gap between releases would have a lot on here saying different :thumbup:

heres another link which gives a fairly comprehensive listing of Barbara Lynn's recordings...and I think can be considered a fairly reliable source and is congruent with the article from the link given in a previous reply :no:

https://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/blynn.htm

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

so that would suggest the Atlantic is the orig from 71 and the Jestream probably '76 as listed in several places thumbsup.gif

Yes, could well be by the looks of it. Would be nice to have the time to thoroughly delve into stuff like this and slowly put together the pieces of the jigsaw. Perhaps something for retirement days.

I was under the opinion that Jetstream was the local and Atlantic the national but obviously it seems I was wrong. Not as simple as that as Tony pointed out. One of the good things about threads like this it encourages one to look and learn.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I have an Oz Atlantic copy, which I think is from 71.

Will check, if I get the chance.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Don't confuse us any more mate. Me 'ead's frazzled as it is. Gotta go and have a cuppa, fag and a lie down thumbsup.gif

Social source share

thanx for that mike....does SCL get any r+b plays?

absolutely no idea whatsover :thumbup:

but i doubt if a lot of copies of Nice & Easy will see the light of day again for fear of the OVO rulings :thumbup:

Social source share

OK, here's the deal, it's pretty much all because of Huey P Meaux & his "crazy" way of releasing stuff/trying to get hits. Barbara Lynn is on Atlantic who are releasing records on her which are produced/licensed from Huey. Nice & Easy was originally released as the B side of an Atlantic 45 in 71 even though it's sound places it earlier than 71, a sign that the track was kicking around in limbo even since the LP sessions of 68 (the early master number supports this). Huey no doubt had a lot of Barbara recorded & the Atlantic LP drew on tracks which he had in the can. Nice & Easy would have been just one which didn't make the LP at the time. After Atlantic dropped her, the song again turned up as the flip of "Sugar Coated Love" on Copyright, for no other reason really than he needed/wanted to put it on the flip of that 45 which he had just recorded & wanted to release asap after the Atlantic deal soured. Later the song again resurfaced on one of the Jet Stream 45s, for a similarly arbitrary reason. Huey just took 2 tracks, "You Better Quit It" & "Nice and Easy", old recordings which had both been previously released while Barbara was on Atlantic (and on the Copyright 45) & pressed them up to try & get some more sales. The reason the old sides were used is because Barbara had by this time split to California to concentrate on family. The Barbara Lynn Jet Stream 45s are all roughly mid 70s releases after the label was revived by Meaux following the Atlantic deal. The early releases on Jet Stream (700 series) are all up to his 67 jail sentence, while the 800 series are from the early/mid 70s. The Jetstream stuff is confusing though because the later 45s still use older recordings for the most part. Meaux did not make things easy with his less than logical release/re-release schedule. biggrin.gif

Edited by Kris Holmes
Social source share

Jet Stream Pasadena (funk/soul/r&b listed only)

JS-701 Curley Long- Honky Tonk One More Time / Charlie Brown's Back Again

JS-702 Jackie Hunt- Security of Love / Since You Been Gone

JS-703 Randy Russell- Just A Memory / Oh! What A Dream

JS-704 Charles Berry- Hep To Your Jive / The Guinea

JS-706 Jean Knight- Doggin' Around / The Man That Left Me

JS-707 Alvin Howard- Work Baby / My Darling

JS-708 Charles Berry- Neighbor, Neighbor / Time

JS-709 Tee Bee Fisher- Five Long Years / Sweet Little Angel

JS-710 Lots-a-Poppa- I Found a Love / That's Where It's At

JS-711 Henry Moore- Am I Wrong? / Welcome Home

JS-712 Johnny Copeland- That's All Right Mama / Something's Up Your Sleeve

JS-713 Tee Boy Bluesheart- That Kind Of Talk / Gashead Baby

JS-714 Lots-a-Poppa- Tribute To Sam / Look In Your Mirror

JS-715 Prince Charles- Sick / Get Down On Your Knees And Pray

JS-717 Johnny Copeland- Coming To See About You / All These Things

JS-718 Johnny Copeland- Something You Got / It's My Own Tears That's Being Wasted

JS-719 Curley Long- 4 O'Clock A.M. Part 1 / Part 2

JS-720 Henry Moore- I Can't Forget You / You Remember The Fare

JS-721 Eugene Gamble- Don't Forget About Me / Without My Baby

JS-722 Charles Berry- Don't Call On Me / I'm A Poor Boy

JS-723 Rickey Vee- T'ain't No Big Thing / Pretty Girls

JS-724 Sonny Raye- Eye to Eye / Whip It On Me

JS-725 Jackie Paine- Go Go Train / I'll Be Home

JS-726 T-Bone Walker- I'm Not Your Fool Anymore / Reconsider Baby

JS-726 Barbara Lynn- Dina and Patrina / Give Me a Break

JS-727 Joe Melvin- You Made Me Love You / Friends in Show Business

JS-727 Chester McDowell- Baby Use Your Head / I'm Losing You

JS-728 Charles Berry- It Went To Your Head / Charlena

JS-729 Jackie Paine- No Puppy Love / At Your Wedding

JS-729 Toni Williams- I Came Along Was In A Short Time / Cast The First Stone

JS-730 T-Bone Walker- She's a Hit / T-Bone's Back

JS-731 Henry Moore- You Really Grab Me / I'm Losing You

JS-732 Joe Fritz- Aw, She's A Stepper / Good Doctor Sweet Soul

JS-733 The King Brothers- That's Really Some Good / Let It Be Me

JS-734 Jackie Paine- Out of My Future / Toe Tippin' noteicon.jpg

JS-735 Lee Maye- Have Love, Will Travel / Loving Fool 1967

JS-736 Bernie Meyers- As The World Turns Around / That Ain't That A-way With Our Love

JS-737 Jackie Paine- No Puppy Love / ?

JS-738 T-Bone Walker- She's a Hit / ?

JS-739 Jean Knight- I Just Don't Want You No More / ?

JS-741 Jackie Paine- Skid Row Blues / The Next Woman I Marry

JS-742 Big Walter- Diane It's About Time / Love Me One More Time

JS-800 Lavenia Lewis- Tender Loving Pain / Find A Man That Satisfies

JS-801 Ramona Jones- It Shows All Over Your Face / (We Break) The Rules Of Love

JS-802 Johnny Copeland- Sufferin' City / I Wish I Was Single

JS-803 Bobby Stiles- Make It Right/ Long Skinny John

JS-804 Barbara Lynn- (Until Then) I'll Suffer / Take Your Love and Run

JS-805 P&J Review Band- Right On Brother! Right On! / Neighbor Neighbor (b-side is Peggy Scott & Jo Jo Benson)

JS-806 Jean Knight- (Tain't It) The Truth / Last One To His Wedding

JS-807 Ramona Jones- Ease Off Lover / Your Love's Not Reliable

JS-808 James Young & The House Wreckers- Barkin' Up The Wrong Tree / Funky Booty

JS-809 David "King" Thomas- You Better Investigate / If You're Looking for a Love

JS-810 James Duhon- Grave Yard Creep / Color Me Soul (b-side is Talmadge Armstrong)

JS-811 Barbara Lynn- You Better Quit It / Nice and Easy

JS-812 James Young Blues Band- Funky Booty / Was It All Worth It? (b-side is Peggy Scott & Jo Jo Benson)

JS-813 Rocky Gil & The Bishops- The Pleasures of My Woman / Built Like A Brickhouse

JS-814 Gloria Edwards- Enough Of A Woman / Something You Couldn't Write About

JS-815 Jean Knight- A Tear / I'm Glad For Your Sake

JS-816 Joe Hughes- The Rains Came / With You

JS-817 Lorraine Rudolph- After All I've Been Through / Keep Coming Back For More

JS-818 Junior Parker- Your Love Is All Over Me / You Better Quit It (Inst.) (b-side is Sugar Hill Blues Band)

JS-819 Sonny Raye & Fancy- Eye to Eye / Whip It On Me

JS-820 P.E. & Unclaimed Freight- Fat Albert / Trippin' (b-side is The Unclaimed Freight)

JS-821 Sonny Raye & Fancy- It's Been Nice Knowing You / Today, Today

JS-822 Peggy Scott & Jo Jo Benson- Tell Daddy / I'll Be The One

JS-824 Gladys "Gee Gee" Hill- Gotta Have You Right Now / Talking About Love

JS-825 Sonny Raye & Fancy- Don't Look Back / Got To Make It- Chapter One

JS-826 Sonny Raye & Fancy- Sacrifice / Got To Make It- Chapter Two 1975

JS-828 Barbara Lynn- Takin' My Love Away (Ain't Gonna Be Easy) / How You Think I Can Live With Somebody

JS-829 Barbara Lynn- Movin' on a Groove / Disco Music 1976

JS-830 Flesch- Freaky Love / Take It Out On Me

JS-831 Sonny Raye & Fancy- I Got You Babe / Where'd We Go Wrong

JS-832 Ire Wilkes- Love The One You're With / You Never Miss Your Good Thing

JS-833 Oscar Perry- People Are Talking / Has Anybody Seen Her

JS-900 Oscar Perry- Love Everything About You / Danger Zone

JS-901 Oscar Perry- She Needs Love / Bad, Bad Motor Machine 1982

from Andy's helpful Texas Soul site.

Edited by Kris Holmes
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

OK, here's the deal, it's pretty much all because of Huey P Meaux & his "crazy" way of releasing stuff/trying to get hits. Barbara Lynn is on Atlantic who are releasing records on her which are produced/licensed from Huey. Nice & Easy was originally released as the B side of an Atlantic 45 in 71 even though it's sound places it earlier than 71, a sign that the track was kicking around in limbo even since the LP sessions of 68 (the early master number supports this). Huey no doubt had a lot of Barbara recorded & the Atlantic LP drew on tracks which he had in the can. Nice & Easy would have been just one which didn't make the LP at the time. After Atlantic dropped her, the song again turned up as the flip of "Sugar Coated Love" on Copyright, for no other reason really than he needed/wanted to put it on the flip of that 45 which he had just recorded & wanted to release asap after the Atlantic deal soured. Later the song again resurfaced on one of the Jet Stream 45s, for a similarly arbitrary reason. Huey just took 2 tracks, "You Better Quit It" & "Nice and Easy", old recordings which had both been previously released while Barbara was on Atlantic (and on the Copyright 45) & pressed them up to try & get some more sales. The reason the old sides were used is because Barbara had by this time split to California to concentrate on family. The Barbara Lynn Jet Stream 45s are all roughly mid 70s releases after the label was revived by Meaux following the Atlantic deal. The early releases on Jet Stream (700 series) are all up to his 67 jail sentence, while the 800 series are from the early/mid 70s. The Jetstream stuff is confusing though because the later 45s still use older recordings for the most part. Meaux did not make things easy with his less than logical release/re-release schedule. biggrin.gif

All very concise, Kris - well donethumbup.gif

Only thing I would argue with there is that, despite the 1971 label date, the Atlantic N&E was definitely not released until late 72. I know that much for sure because a) I bought it as a new release, for the other side and cool.gif I have a Billboard review that supports my purchase with a November '72 release date.

Social source share

thanks for that, an interesting read :lol:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

absolutely no idea whatsover huh.gif

but i doubt if a lot of copies of Nice & Easy will see the light of day again for fear of the OVO rulings ph34r.gif

I'll be playing it tonight on Jetstream. Because it's a flip side it gets around the problem of not being a first issue. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I'll be playing it tonight on Jetstream. Because it's a flip side it gets around the problem of not being a first issue. thumbsup.gif

It's a flipside on Atlantic, too, Matt! Does that impact upon your plan to play it? laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

This 'gotta be a first issue' baloney is the biggest load of infantile cock I've ever heard.

All legitimate issues.... are... legitimate!

Is someone gonna tell me I can't play my OZ issue?

Like to see 'em try.

Fookin nuts.:boxing:

Just get the fecker played!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

With you there Sean. OVO can be interpreted too strictly by some I feel.

Billy Thompson "Black Eyed Girl" can only be played on Columbus and not Wand.

It's bollox

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

This 'gotta be a first issue' baloney is the biggest load of infantile cock I've ever heard.

Like to see 'em try.

Fookin nuts.:yes:

:lol:

Sean

HERE!! HERE!! :yes:

see post #16

Social source share

Like to see 'em try.

Fookin nuts.:yes:

:lol:

Sean

Well done Sean, thank fu*ck somebody has said something, if I say things like this it just get written off by me being my usual difficult and grumpy self, its being bugging the shi*t out of me but didn't want to be the first to say anything. ,

Mike you have said stuff like this a couple of times, I would be more interested in knowing who actually perpetuates this as generally I have never actuially seen anyone saying this, it just seems a sly dig at people that have talked about original v bootleg, which is a completely different argument, in the past rather than based on any fact.

Compare that sort of pathetic sh*t to the knowledge that people like Tony impart on this thread and the Smokey Robinson thread, which is just fantastic, and you see how much better the wole internet experience could be if people stuck to facts.

Hats of to all the people on this and SR thread sharing knowledge, its top stuff, all we need is John M to end his self imposed exile and start sharing the info as he used to so often.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Jesus wept i was joking! I don't care which issue it is and i'm with Sean, any legit issue is legit. I thought my view was well known, obviously not.

If you read my post properly you'll see it was a response to Mike's joke about OVO rulings. Now you get it?

Now go and give someone a kicking who actually disagrees with you before you all jump down my throat again.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Well done Sean, thank fu*ck somebody has said something, if I say things like this it just get written off by me being my usual difficult and grumpy self, its being bugging the shi*t out of me but didn't want to be the first to say anything. ,

Mike you have said stuff like this a couple of times, I would be more interested in knowing who actually perpetuates this as generally I have never actuially seen anyone saying this, it just seems a sly dig at people that have talked about original v bootleg, which is a completely different argument, in the past rather than based on any fact.

Compare that sort of pathetic sh*t to the knowledge that people like Tony impart on this thread and the Smokey Robinson thread, which is just fantastic, and you see how much better the wole internet experience could be if people stuck to facts.

Hats of to all the people on this and SR thread sharing knowledge, its top stuff, all we need is John M to end his self imposed exile and start sharing the info as he used to so often.

point taken and I offer sincere apologies for allowing myself to veer off from what was a geniune question hatsoff2.gif

Even so, i found the information very interesting and would like to thank all those who contributed in providing some very interesting reading regarding the different releases.

I hope those that provided the info don't feel it was wasted because it certainly wasn't for me.

apologies again

regards,

mike

Social source share

Jesus wept i was joking! I don't care which issue it is and i'm with Sean, any legit issue is legit. I thought my view was well known, obviously not.

If you read my post properly you'll see it was a response to Mike's joke about OVO rulings. Now you get it?

Now go and give someone a kicking who actually disagrees with you before you all jump down my throat again.

I am assuming this is a rant at me, do you want to try and point where you are referred to in any way in my response, I think if you look I mention a name which is a sort of clue. I hadn't even seen your post to be honest.

Very good example why I very rarely post on these things any more, as you and and various other bandwagon jumpers just seem to jump in these days with the sole intent of attacking the poster and ignoring the actual post.

I am assuming you would give one of your kids a D- for such a schoolboy error

Social source share

Jet Stream Pasadena (funk/soul/r&b listed only)

JS-701 Curley Long- Honky Tonk One More Time / Charlie Brown's Back Again

JS-702 Jackie Hunt- Security of Love / Since You Been Gone

JS-703 Randy Russell- Just A Memory / Oh! What A Dream

JS-704 Charles Berry- Hep To Your Jive / The Guinea

JS-706 Jean Knight- Doggin' Around / The Man That Left Me

JS-707 Alvin Howard- Work Baby / My Darling

JS-708 Charles Berry- Neighbor, Neighbor / Time

JS-709 Tee Bee Fisher- Five Long Years / Sweet Little Angel

JS-710 Lots-a-Poppa- I Found a Love / That's Where It's At

JS-711 Henry Moore- Am I Wrong? / Welcome Home

JS-712 Johnny Copeland- That's All Right Mama / Something's Up Your Sleeve

JS-713 Tee Boy Bluesheart- That Kind Of Talk / Gashead Baby

JS-714 Lots-a-Poppa- Tribute To Sam / Look In Your Mirror

JS-715 Prince Charles- Sick / Get Down On Your Knees And Pray

JS-717 Johnny Copeland- Coming To See About You / All These Things

JS-718 Johnny Copeland- Something You Got / It's My Own Tears That's Being Wasted

JS-719 Curley Long- 4 O'Clock A.M. Part 1 / Part 2

JS-720 Henry Moore- I Can't Forget You / You Remember The Fare

JS-721 Eugene Gamble- Don't Forget About Me / Without My Baby

JS-722 Charles Berry- Don't Call On Me / I'm A Poor Boy

JS-723 Rickey Vee- T'ain't No Big Thing / Pretty Girls

JS-724 Sonny Raye- Eye to Eye / Whip It On Me

JS-725 Jackie Paine- Go Go Train / I'll Be Home

JS-726 T-Bone Walker- I'm Not Your Fool Anymore / Reconsider Baby

JS-726 Barbara Lynn- Dina and Patrina / Give Me a Break

JS-727 Joe Melvin- You Made Me Love You / Friends in Show Business

JS-727 Chester McDowell- Baby Use Your Head / I'm Losing You

JS-728 Charles Berry- It Went To Your Head / Charlena

JS-729 Jackie Paine- No Puppy Love / At Your Wedding

JS-729 Toni Williams- I Came Along Was In A Short Time / Cast The First Stone

JS-730 T-Bone Walker- She's a Hit / T-Bone's Back

JS-731 Henry Moore- You Really Grab Me / I'm Losing You

JS-732 Joe Fritz- Aw, She's A Stepper / Good Doctor Sweet Soul

JS-733 The King Brothers- That's Really Some Good / Let It Be Me

JS-734 Jackie Paine- Out of My Future / Toe Tippin' noteicon.jpg

JS-735 Lee Maye- Have Love, Will Travel / Loving Fool 1967

JS-736 Bernie Meyers- As The World Turns Around / That Ain't That A-way With Our Love

JS-737 Jackie Paine- No Puppy Love / ?

JS-738 T-Bone Walker- She's a Hit / ?

JS-739 Jean Knight- I Just Don't Want You No More / ?

JS-741 Jackie Paine- Skid Row Blues / The Next Woman I Marry

JS-742 Big Walter- Diane It's About Time / Love Me One More Time

JS-800 Lavenia Lewis- Tender Loving Pain / Find A Man That Satisfies

JS-801 Ramona Jones- It Shows All Over Your Face / (We Break) The Rules Of Love

JS-802 Johnny Copeland- Sufferin' City / I Wish I Was Single

JS-803 Bobby Stiles- Make It Right/ Long Skinny John

JS-804 Barbara Lynn- (Until Then) I'll Suffer / Take Your Love and Run

JS-805 P&J Review Band- Right On Brother! Right On! / Neighbor Neighbor (b-side is Peggy Scott & Jo Jo Benson)

JS-806 Jean Knight- (Tain't It) The Truth / Last One To His Wedding

JS-807 Ramona Jones- Ease Off Lover / Your Love's Not Reliable

JS-808 James Young & The House Wreckers- Barkin' Up The Wrong Tree / Funky Booty

JS-809 David "King" Thomas- You Better Investigate / If You're Looking for a Love

JS-810 James Duhon- Grave Yard Creep / Color Me Soul (b-side is Talmadge Armstrong)

JS-811 Barbara Lynn- You Better Quit It / Nice and Easy

JS-812 James Young Blues Band- Funky Booty / Was It All Worth It? (b-side is Peggy Scott & Jo Jo Benson)

JS-813 Rocky Gil & The Bishops- The Pleasures of My Woman / Built Like A Brickhouse

JS-814 Gloria Edwards- Enough Of A Woman / Something You Couldn't Write About

JS-815 Jean Knight- A Tear / I'm Glad For Your Sake

JS-816 Joe Hughes- The Rains Came / With You

JS-817 Lorraine Rudolph- After All I've Been Through / Keep Coming Back For More

JS-818 Junior Parker- Your Love Is All Over Me / You Better Quit It (Inst.) (b-side is Sugar Hill Blues Band)

JS-819 Sonny Raye & Fancy- Eye to Eye / Whip It On Me

JS-820 P.E. & Unclaimed Freight- Fat Albert / Trippin' (b-side is The Unclaimed Freight)

JS-821 Sonny Raye & Fancy- It's Been Nice Knowing You / Today, Today

JS-822 Peggy Scott & Jo Jo Benson- Tell Daddy / I'll Be The One

JS-824 Gladys "Gee Gee" Hill- Gotta Have You Right Now / Talking About Love

JS-825 Sonny Raye & Fancy- Don't Look Back / Got To Make It- Chapter One

JS-826 Sonny Raye & Fancy- Sacrifice / Got To Make It- Chapter Two 1975

JS-828 Barbara Lynn- Takin' My Love Away (Ain't Gonna Be Easy) / How You Think I Can Live With Somebody

JS-829 Barbara Lynn- Movin' on a Groove / Disco Music 1976

JS-830 Flesch- Freaky Love / Take It Out On Me

JS-831 Sonny Raye & Fancy- I Got You Babe / Where'd We Go Wrong

JS-832 Ire Wilkes- Love The One You're With / You Never Miss Your Good Thing

JS-833 Oscar Perry- People Are Talking / Has Anybody Seen Her

JS-900 Oscar Perry- Love Everything About You / Danger Zone

JS-901 Oscar Perry- She Needs Love / Bad, Bad Motor Machine 1982

from Andy's helpful Texas Soul site.

Two that are missing in this list:

post-4944-12665878113886_thumb.jpgpost-4944-12665878238564_thumb.jpg

post-4944-12665878406557_thumb.jpgpost-4944-12665878495559_thumb.jpg

Furthermore, the otherside of 738 is "T-Bone's Back"

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I am assuming this is a rant at me, do you want to try and point where you are referred to in any way in my response, I think if you look I mention a name which is a sort of clue. I hadn't even seen your post to be honest.

Very good example why I very rarely post on these things any more, as you and and various other bandwagon jumpers just seem to jump in these days with the sole intent of attacking the poster and ignoring the actual post.

I am assuming you would give one of your kids a D- for such a schoolboy error

What on earth are you talking about Jock?

How am i a bandwagon jumper? My only two posts on here were to say i liked the record and didn't mind which issue was played, since the question of originality was raised and then i made a joke about first issues. Then i thought other people got the wrong end of the stick and started having a go about the issue of first issues (which i happen to agree with).

No you didn't mention me and i didn't mention you. It wasn't a post aimed at you, i thought Tony and Sean both really believed i'd only play a first issue, which i won't. I was just making my point clearer.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

All very concise, Kris - well donethumbup.gif

Only thing I would argue with there is that, despite the 1971 label date, the Atlantic N&E was definitely not released until late 72. I know that much for sure because a) I bought it as a new release, for the other side and cool.gif I have a Billboard review that supports my purchase with a November '72 release date.

Thanks, that's cool, 71 or 72 doesn't change the story much, it is a bit interesting that it has 71 printed on the label, maybe the typesetter was having a flashback that day, or it was stuck in the production line for a time, weird. I didn't buy it when it came out, so yours/billboard's 72 evidence is another case of how the actual record label info can cause research headaches. biggrin.gif

Social source share

Like to see 'em try.

Fookin nuts.:boxing:

thumbsup.gif

Well Sean, you'll have unquestionably the world's rarest soul record if you have it on an Australian 45 because - to my knowledge - it was never released in Australia !!!

Of course, I'm more than happy to be corrected if you can scan the record and show it us ! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest son of stan

I had always thought that this was an earlier, unreleased recording, thrown away on the b-side of the 1971 Atlantic 7". After all, it's barely more than 90 seconds long and they left on a horrendous production gaffe right at the end where instead of fading down, the engineer (or whoever) briefly , but very noticeably, fades UP! Still, a very charming and lovely record.

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

Well Sean, you'll have unquestionably the world's rarest soul record if you have it on an Australian 45 because - to my knowledge - it was never released in Australia !!!

Aha!

You´re probably right mate, but I can´t check until next week as Im in Lanzarote! (tough job, but somebody´s gotta do it)

For decades I had an off centre US press of it which I replaced a couple of years ago with a Non US copy, which off the top of my head was Aussie, but if you say it was never released in OZ then that can´t be the case.

I guess it´s either European, or South American. but I´ll try to find it when I get back to be sure and I´ll post up a scan so we can identify it if I´m struggling.

Can´t even remember what label its on so not a lot of help until I can get my hands on it.

The point I was making still remains, whether Aussie, or Argie, or whatever, good records need to be played, regardless of the label.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert