Modern Soul Cd Swap

Wrongcrowd

Hi guys, now forgive me if this is a bit cheeky but....

I was burgled last week, and had the CDs I'd received so far taken. Is there any way the following people could send me a replacement?;

Brett (just a memory jogger mate, PS. very nice set at Essence)

DJMelismo

Lars

Gary Kingston

Rob Brown

Ismael Garcia

EmJayGee

Please don't bother if it puts you out, but if you have a spare, it would be really appreciated.hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

• Replies 162
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi guys, now forgive me if this is a bit cheeky but....

I was burgled last week, and had the CDs I'd received so far taken. Is there any way the following people could send me a replacement?;

Brett (just a memory jogger mate, PS. very nice set at Essence)

DJMelismo

Lars

Gary Kingston

Rob Brown

Ismael Garcia

EmJayGee

Please don't bother if it puts you out, but if you have a spare, it would be really appreciated.:hatsoff2:

sorry to hear that .yes i will resend you the CD or i could send you a copy of all 6 thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brett F

Hi got John's (Reed) the other day, fabulous tunes mate, also one from Karl Marthon...( no track list..boo) but great stuff again, today Blake's came through (yet to listen), still waiting on a few plus Cliff's came in two pieces, but nice fella' that he is, he is sending another, and Philly Dave did you get my replacement CD for the one that got nicked ?

ps John Reed there is one i need to ask you about, awesome didn't know it, not gonna' mention it on here because i don't want any vultures on the trail....:laugh:

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Hi got John's (Reed) the other day, fabulous tunes mate, also one from Karl Marthon...( no track list..boo) but great stuff again, today Blake's came through (yet to listen), still waiting on a few plus Cliff's came in two pieces, but nice fella' that he is, he is sending another, and Philly Dave did you get my replacement CD for the one that got nicked ?

ps John Reed there is one i need to ask you about, awesome didn't know it, not gonna' mention it on here because i don't want any vultures on the trail....:laugh:

karls play list is posted in messages some were ,philly Dave i will re send you the cds you want over the weekend ,

Social source share

I know that this is going to sound very cheeky but I will ask any way, could some one send me a CD or three of Modern stuff please, I have none to swap but I hope to rectify this.

I am a relative new convert to the dark side and I have only just over the last few years found my self in the modern rooms and being totally sold on it!

I will of course pay for any P&P and I thank you in advance and hope for a CD.

16543_227651968288_582848288_4277466_7786455_n.jpg

Social source share

I know that this is going to sound very cheeky but I will ask any way, could some one send me a CD or three of Modern stuff please, I have none to swap but I hope to rectify this.

I am a relative new convert to the dark side and I have only just over the last few years found my self in the modern rooms and being totally sold on it!

I will of course pay for any P&P and I thank you in advance and hope for a CD.

16543_227651968288_582848288_4277466_7786455_n.jpg

yes i will no problem but don't want any p&p happy to help :no:

Social source share

A few days ago I received a couple of CDs, one from Chris Anderton, and one from Blake Helliwell. Both great CDs, very much enjoyed the selection of tunes!!! Am a bit surprised at the lack of activity in this here thread. For instance would be nice to have people confirming that they´ve received the discs, and perhaps some other comments... Have all/most CDs now been sent out? Am too lazy to count...lol...but have very much enjoyed the ones that have dropped on my doorstep and then found their way into my CD player, all on heavy rotation :yes:

Best,

Mel

Social source share

A few days ago I received a couple of CDs, one from Chris Anderton, and one from Blake Helliwell. Both great CDs, very much enjoyed the selection of tunes!!! Am a bit surprised at the lack of activity in this here thread. For instance would be nice to have people confirming that they´ve received the discs, and perhaps some other comments... Have all/most CDs now been sent out? Am too lazy to count...lol...but have very much enjoyed the ones that have dropped on my doorstep and then found their way into my CD player, all on heavy rotation smile.gif

Best,

Mel

It's been about the best CD swap that I've been involved in on here, the quality has been fantastic, with most avoiding the obvious. By my reckoning there's 9 still outstanding..... whistling.gif

Social source share

I would like to use the fact I have had to tonight fly through a volcanic ash cloud as my excuse for being late, however since that only counts for one night out of 3 months and most of you know me better and know I am just hopelessly incompetent, I'll just hold my hands up and say sorry, late again, they will all be done for this weekend,

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Hi just to confirm i got Chris Andertons, Blake H's and Cilffs replacement CD, all are playing at home plus all the others i've received, something on every CD i've received that i didn't know and are on the wants list, agree with comments, the best swap i've been involved with and that is high praise indeed, cheers for sharing people. I cannot say anyone has been better than anyone, because the range is very diverse, all i know is that it's been a great exercise. Can someone send me the playlist of Karl Marthon, only one i haven't a track list for . Cheers,

PS. Chris A, i thought Lars was playing at your venue this month not last..DOH !! Got everything arranged too, never mind, next time.

Brett

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Hi Brett,

here is Karl's tracklist (fabulous CD by the way!)

1. Wali Ali - (Oh I) Need your lovin' - Jobete

2. Alma Faye Brooks - Thank you - Rca

3. Overholt, Tate, Phillips - Daylight - Kiras

4. Eryke & Arronette - Where are you - Honey

5. Burton Inc - Why don't you let me know - Charli-Barbara

6. Right Direction - Midnight rhythm - Antaries

7. Cloudburst - Speciality item - SMS Sound Machine

8. Jayson Hoover - Funny games - Mushroom

9. Phylliss Bailey - Focus - Americom

10. Mark Capanni - I believe in miracles - Capitol

11. Cecilio & Kapano - Someday - Columbia

12. Marvin Franklin with Kimo & the Guys - Kona Winds - KKUA

13. LAPD - Uncle Tom's cabin - LAX

14. Markley Band - Fallin' in love - Town House

15. Little Milton - Survivors of love - Mier

16. Charisma Band - Bless the day - Columbia

17. World - Brothers and sisters - Denika

18. Cloudburst - Next time - SMS Sound Machine

19. Rita Wright - Something on my mind - Gordy

20. Ellington Sisters - I'm only wanted (When I'm needed) - Rca

Volcano ashes kept me from coming to Nantwich; all flights where cancelled. Dave Ripolles changed dates with me and I will hopefully coming in october. But we will meet in october anyway Brett! You are DJing at the Hamburg alldayer. :yes:

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Hi Brett,

here is Karl's tracklist (fabulous CD by the way!)

1. Wali Ali - (Oh I) Need your lovin' - Jobete

2. Alma Faye Brooks - Thank you - Rca

3. Overholt, Tate, Phillips - Daylight - Kiras

4. Eryke & Arronette - Where are you - Honey

5. Burton Inc - Why don't you let me know - Charli-Barbara

6. Right Direction - Midnight rhythm - Antaries

7. Cloudburst - Speciality item - SMS Sound Machine

8. Jayson Hoover - Funny games - Mushroom

9. Phylliss Bailey - Focus - Americom

10. Mark Capanni - I believe in miracles - Capitol

11. Cecilio & Kapano - Someday - Columbia

12. Marvin Franklin with Kimo & the Guys - Kona Winds - KKUA

13. LAPD - Uncle Tom's cabin - LAX

14. Markley Band - Fallin' in love - Town House

15. Little Milton - Survivors of love - Mier

16. Charisma Band - Bless the day - Columbia

17. World - Brothers and sisters - Denika

18. Cloudburst - Next time - SMS Sound Machine

19. Rita Wright - Something on my mind - Gordy

20. Ellington Sisters - I'm only wanted (When I'm needed) - Rca

Volcano ashes kept me from coming to Nantwich; all flights where cancelled. Dave Ripolles changed dates with me and I will hopefully coming in october. But we will meet in october anyway Brett! You are DJing at the Hamburg alldayer. :yes:

Thanks for the list Lars, yeah be good to catch up in Hamburg, hopefully i'll be bringing an entourage with me, weekender looks fabulous, a real honour for me to be asked, the line up is mouth watering, plus the city of Hamburg looks outstanding, i was in Dortmund many years ago, so i know all about the wonderful German hospitality.

Cheers,

Brett

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Guest southpaw

Hi all, been dipping into the dark side a bit just lately could any body recommend any albums/cd's worth getting to help me get started .

Thanks in advance thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Hi all, been dipping into the dark side a bit just lately could any body recommend any albums/cd's worth getting to help me get started .

Thanks in advance thumbsup.gif

Depends what styles of modern soul you're into, but on the recent release side I'd recommend these -

Dynamites feat Charles Walker - Burn It Down - Outta Sight

Cool Million - Back For More - Sedsoul

Angela Johnson - It's Personal - Dome..... Essential !!!!!

Revelations feat Tre Williams - The Bleeding Edge - Decision

Tutu Jones - Inside Out

Jaheim - Another Round

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest southpaw

Depends what styles of modern soul you're into, but on the recent release side I'd recommend these -

Dynamites feat Charles Walker - Burn It Down - Outta Sight

Cool Million - Back For More - Sedsoul

Angela Johnson - It's Personal - Dome..... Essential !!!!!

Revelations feat Tre Williams - The Bleeding Edge - Decision

Tutu Jones - Inside Out

Jaheim - Another Round

thumbsup.gif

Cheers mate thumbsup.gif

Edited by southpaw
Social source share

Mine are now done and going out tomorrow, sorry for the delay folks. :rolleyes:

Roger

Not received Roger's CD yet, anyone else ?

Tony Turner's arrived a few days ago, enjoying this one - loads of plays in the car. Great stuff Tony :hatsoff2:

Best Pat

Social source share

Tony Turner's arrived a few days ago, enjoying this one - loads of plays in the car. Great stuff Tony hatsoff2.gif

Best Pat

Nope, not arrived with me. Tony's received yesterday though.... top play in my car too...thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Cliff, the best (quality wise) by a mile......

Some great stuff coming through...

Chris

still looking for a cd player that will play cd,s that are snapped in twosmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

regretably i,m falling into the jock o connor league i.e full of not very good excuses

but it is now all ready to burn so should be done this week

regards

dave lucas

Social source share

Tony Turner's arrived a few days ago, enjoying this one - loads of plays in the car. Great stuff Tony hatsoff2.gif

Best Pat

yes i also received Tony's CD ,but not rogers looking forward to the next ones thumbsup.gif

www.soulechoes.co.uk

Next Lord Hill Shrewsbury Friday June 11th!

DJ's Gary Powell, Gator, Jonzy, Guest to be confirmed!

Social source share

I don't think I've got Tony's yet, but could be wrong.... as my wife chucked a few in with a lot of CD's from other swaps and they're all mixed up, so I need to go through them. Teach me to leave them lying on the side.

Dya think we could have a tally up of who's got what?

Cheers,

John

Social source share

Best Pat

Bollocks, sorry folks, been chocka this last few days, didn't post them when I said I would (obviously!) and haven't been near a post office during office hours since. Will leave a note for self to shoot out at lunchtime regardless tomorrow with them, hopefully it'll be worth the wait. rolleyes.gif

Apologies again for being a big rubbish. blush.gif

Roger

Social source share

I don't think I've got Tony's yet, but could be wrong.... as my wife chucked a few in with a lot of CD's from other swaps and they're all mixed up, so I need to go through them. Teach me to leave them lying on the side.

Dya think we could have a tally up of who's got what?

Cheers,

John

hi john just had a quick look and ive had 14 cds up to now

www.soulechoes.co.uk

DJ's Gary Powell, Gator, Jonzy, Guest to be confirmed!

Social source share

Okay, fighting hard with Mr Lucas for slowest swapper here, I have finally chosen all tunes and sorted them in right order, it will be another twofer for me, one this century music one last century music as looking at audience I got too nervous to try and mix them into one, and couldn't whittle them below 30 tracks, should all be burnt and issued by start of next week at latest starting tonight.

One question for the masses is I tend to use Itunes now for burning as much more reliable than Windows media player for ruinging CD's, however keep thinking I wouldn't mind using one of the online packages to do live "mix" so to speak (e.g. fading in and out, not beat mixing so Mr Reed and Mr Franklin can pick themselves off the floor and put their seal clubs down), does anyone use any of them, any relatively easy to use and set up, ultimate aim would be to set them up as podcasts so I can send them off to others.

Any hints gratefully taken, other than stop f**king procrastinating and get on with it, can start another thread if more relevant, off to ask the new music bods on EMS as well.

Edited by jocko
Social source share

I used to have a copy of real player. that would crossfade on burning a CD. I used that a lot in previous swaps, gave the CD a polished feel. but since i got a new PC just been using ITunes, which is rubbish for that, should be in the basic version by now.

Social source share

guys, your all short My CD, apologies its been one hell of a mad 2/3 months with work, I simply have not had time to my self... I basically syndicate news int, the News of the World, Sun Footage and images every week, did the Fergie Sting last week to the world Media, its consumed my life, as their Exclusives do every week and I'm on shift this Sunday with another from the screws I'm sure!!

I'm hoping to get this done at the first available bit of time I have to my self.. now would be good but bed beckons...

It will be with you all soon, I promise.

Mal.C.ph34r.gif

Social source share

PS. Chris A, i thought Lars was playing at your venue this month not last..DOH !! Got everything arranged too, never mind, next time.

Brett, lars in confirmed to "reappear" at Nantwich on October 22nd...Its a Friday night...put the date in your file-a fax mate!

Chris

Social source share

Apologies to all of the guys outside of the UK who participated in the swap. I asked my son to take the CDs to the post office and he forgot! They went in the post yesterday so hopefully you will get them in the next few days.

I reckon I am 7 CDs short from the swap so hopefully they will come soon.

TT

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Okay, fighting hard with Mr Lucas for slowest swapper here, I have finally chosen all tunes and sorted them in right order, it will be another twofer for me, one this century music one last century music as looking at audience I got too nervous to try and mix them into one, and couldn't whittle them below 30 tracks, should all be burnt and issued by start of next week at latest starting tonight.

One question for the masses is I tend to use Itunes now for burning as much more reliable than Windows media player for ruinging CD's, however keep thinking I wouldn't mind using one of the online packages to do live "mix" so to speak (e.g. fading in and out, not beat mixing so Mr Reed and Mr Franklin can pick themselves off the floor and put their seal clubs down), does anyone use any of them, any relatively easy to use and set up, ultimate aim would be to set them up as podcasts so I can send them off to others.

Any hints gratefully taken, other than stop f**king procrastinating and get on with it, can start another thread if more relevant, off to ask the new music bods on EMS as well.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Can i just ask what format you folks recorded the cd's in ?, reason i ask is that i have a very good Marantz cd player from some years back, excellent sound etc, virtually all cd's i recieved have played on that machine............but my own recording won't ( i have a separate Pioneer CD recorder, that will play my own cd's !).

I record and burn via the laptop via itunes in the AAc format 128 kbs to CD-R, all my music is recorded from my deck through the Pioneer Cd recorder, then transferred to the laptop. (bloody laborious process but hell it has to be done).

I suggest in future we just play 20 records down the phone to each and everyone of us..wink.gif

Brett

Social source share

Guest him  N  her

Can i just ask what format you folks recorded the cd's in ?, reason i ask is that i have a very good Marantz cd player from some years back, excellent sound etc, virtually all cd's i recieved have played on that machine............but my own recording won't ( i have a separate Pioneer CD recorder, that will play my own cd's !).

I record and burn via the laptop via itunes in the AAc format 128 kbs to CD-R, all my music is recorded from my deck through the Pioneer Cd recorder, then transferred to the laptop. (bloody laborious process but hell it has to be done).

I suggest in future we just play 20 records down the phone to each and everyone of us..wink.gif

Brett

i just use windows media player to up load/burn cds or also use Nero

www.soulechoes.co.uk

DJ's Gary Powell, Gator, Jonzy, Guest to be confirmed

Social source share

I suggest in future we just play 20 records down the phone to each and everyone of us..:wink:

Brett

Get it connected direct from mixer to laptop if you can Brett, much easier mate, and lots more you can do with software although I haven't actually progressed to that stage yet!!

Okay guys finally done, redid the last century one as it had too much obvious crossover style so done it again with a totally different mix and even though I say it myself I love it, but then I always love playing with my records hence why it always takes so long, just off to PO now to post first 10 and remaineder will go out on Monday.

Apologies about delay again, but I won't pretend it wou;dn;t be different next time......

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Get it connected direct from mixer to laptop if you can Brett, much easier mate, and lots more you can do with software although I haven't actually progressed to that stage yet!!

Okay guys finally done, redid the last century one as it had too much obvious crossover style so done it again with a totally different mix and even though I say it myself I love it, but then I always love playing with my records hence why it always takes so long, just off to PO now to post first 10 and remaineder will go out on Monday.

Apologies about delay again, but I won't pretend it wou;dn;t be different next time......

Hi Jocko, the quality direct to laptop isn't that great to be honest, where as the pioneer cd recorder makes superb copies, i originally went the laptop route but wasn't happy, hence me getting the recorder some years back, great bit of kit.

looking forward to cd mate.

Brett

Ps...how dare you mess around with software, are you suggesting altering that original sound, where is my solicitor....:wink::laugh:

Social source share

Bollocks, sorry folks, been chocka this last few days, didn't post them when I said I would (obviously!) and haven't been near a post office during office hours since. Will leave a note for self to shoot out at lunchtime regardless tomorrow with them, hopefully it'll be worth the wait. rolleyes.gif

Apologies again for being a big rubbish. blush.gif

Roger

Any progess reports on the oustanding CD's good people ? The CD's already received have been outstanding !!

Cheers

Pat

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

Guest JohnnyHitman

Any progess reports on the oustanding CD's good people ? The CD's already received have been outstanding !!

Cheers

Pat

Well, I'm one of the outstanding people and will record my cd this weekend. Apologies to all and shame on me but work/family/removal made it impossible doin it earlier!

Thanks to all swappers very nice cd's indeed even haven't had the time to listen to all so far. I received one cd last week without name on it and no playlist either who's cd is it??

Cheers

Rob

Social source share

Rob,

I'd like to wait until this swap is completed before rousing the crowds for the next one.thumbsup.gif

We all signed up for the "current" swap with an aim to complete by the end of March...by my watch it's almost half past June, and I'm still waiting for 7 CDs to show up.....:rolleyes:

Jock had plenty of time to complete his CDs, 'cos what else has a Scotsman to do during the World Cup... :laugh: ...Great CDs by the way......thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert