Plymouth Soulies / Venues

Soulhustler

Matt

I love reading your posts, they are so polite and you come across in the written word as a true gentleman.

The lovely thing about it is, meeting you in person proves the above to be true good.gif

I'm humbled- you too mate- look forward to seeing you at a venue soon

Social source share

• Replies 58
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Since Lou and I have moved to the South West we've never looked back.

We've been welcomed with open arms by everyone, especially the Plymouth soulies.

Trowbridge Matt

Pete & Cathy

Dean the baker

Tall Paul

Tony

Steve & Kerry

Ady & Sam

Nik & Spider

Mike & Anne

Mike Cook

Shane & Bev

Dave Morris & Viv

Skinhead Al ( of the Watchet skins)

Honiton Andy

Steph & Rob

Hope to see you all out and about soon

Doc & Lou

look forward to seeing you both at Bridgwater as always

Social source share

omg... kenny got a "WORK" offer amongst the black gang chines of the S.W. HA HA HAA HAAA HHA HAR RAAA . Knew kenny "O" very well once, doesn't do "work" as such as I remember, but will love the "southern scene" & especially that damn fine fishin' all U lot are so fond of down there. BTW, goog luck Kenny mate, & give us an invite to the new challet U old c*nt. Peace XXX

Rodders had to be you that gave the game away lol. Unfortunately you won't be paying the challet a visit as i'm not taking the job, no reflection on the area or people just wont stump up enough wonga.
Hope to get allong to one or two of the venues in the area very soon.
Thanks for the review people if you spot me out and about say hello thumbsup.gif

Ken Edited by pikeys dog
swearing - work filters
Social source share

Guest soulhitch1

We spoke to Mark and Julie Heaney on new years eve. They were on their way to Heathrow going back

home to Perth.

We were sitting in Steve [Hornbuckle, St Austell] and Micheallas front room in Ealing waiting

to leave for Va Va Vooms allnighter. Tried very hard to persuade Mark there would be NO problem leaving

the Heathrow hotel, coming out with us, getting 'MERRY', and then returning to the airport to check in on

time!!!!!!

Not sure if Julie will ever speak to us again.innocent.gif

Still see and speak to his brother Ady whos name is regularly on fliers for the west country.

Karen [and Pete]

Hiya Karen and Pete, hope you are both well. Now if You, Pete, Steve and Michealla were not able to persuade bro too go to the nighter, I've got a mental picture involving Mark, a ball and chain, handcuffs and lots of rope and gaffa tape. whistling.gif Spoke to Mark the weekend they are all well. Oh and Mr Cook yer fivers in the post.thumbsup.gif

Take care all Ady.

Social source share

Circus Tavern, on a thursday night I think, was a great place especially as, at that time we only lived

just around the corner in Stonehouse.

Not sure how many we 'published'lol but Pete and I printed an A4 'flier' write up and info page

called "CT NEWS". I'd like to say it was and informative publication with playlists and DJ profiles, alas

it wasn't. It was an absolute very lighthearted look at us, the attendees. Years before Polly put out the

first manifesto, we did the first Mr Potato head stylee lookbacks.

Funny what memories ss can jog.

Good times, good people, great memories.

Karen [and Pete]

I don't remember the flyer, do you still have a copy? I'd love to see a scan. Do you have any old photos of the time. Since I split with her in Plymouth any photographic evidence of me was destroyed.

By the way, it was Tuesday night!

Jimmy

Social source share

Guest karen b

I don't remember the flyer, do you still have a copy? I'd love to see a scan. Do you have any old photos of the time. Since I split with her in Plymouth any photographic evidence of me was destroyed.

By the way, it was Tuesday night!

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Did quite a few, unfortunately i dont think any survived the move up north 22 years ago, as for photos, I can recall a couple of you looking very dapper in your uniform and will endeavour to have a dig around and will pm you,. i'm working seven days at the mo and won't get chance immediately.

May also have one or two with familiar faces on but alas never did take many, always too busy.:rolleyes:

Karenx

Edited by karen b
Social source share

• 1 year later...

Hi Jimmy mate just going to work Afternoon shift still loads of soul nights up here going to Soul at Joes St. helens Next month then All-dayer at Burtonwood Still spending to much cash on the vinyl, Have to save a bit as eldest lad going to University in Sept- Hull, All the best mate take care of yourself where getting a bit old now Tony-(knocker)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert