Any Info On These Two Unknown (?) 45's?

Guest cmp

First one is a Bay Area Boogie/modern soul record I can't find anything on:

- Zield's David (Hartfield Brothers) - See What Love Will Do/You Make Me Feel So Real (Winning Star '86)

DivShare File - Zields David - You Make Me Feel So Real _.mp3

Second one is a nice Soul/Funk two sider from ???

- H.G.T. - Better Late Than Never/Ge On Up With The Get Down (Paragon '??)

DivShare File - HGT - Better Late Than Never _Paragon_.mp3

DivShare File - HGT - Get On Up With The Get Down _Parago.mp3

post-14067-12663048999699_thumb.jpg

post-14067-12663051179606_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

First one is a Bay Area Boogie/modern soul record I can't find anything on:

- Zield's David (Hartfield Brothers) - See What Love Will Do/You Make Me Feel So Real (Winning Star '86)

DivShare File - Zields David - You Make Me Feel So Real _.mp3

The artists/songwriters on this one are David Hartfield and Robert Hartfield (check out the "heart" in the label logo, and what looks like a "Z" is "f").

Don't know anything about it apart from that it has been suggested that it is by the same Hartfield Brothers that issued a 45 on BOOLA-BOOLA. Doesn't really sound like it though!

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

David Hartfield has also got the following titles registered with BMI:

"Let's Start Praising The Lord", "O Lord", "Just Gonna Be That Way" and "All The Way".

Considering that, and the fact that WINNING STAR is registered with the following address over at BMI:

WINNING STAR MUSIC

349 S 9TH ST

RICHMOND, CA 94804-2405

...it's not too far of a stretch that it's the same David Hartfield that nowadays is a bishop in the Free Light Of The World church in Fresno, CA:

I might ofcourse be totally wrong about this though! :hatsoff2:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Good catch. Yes this seems to be the same Hartfield Brothers that did something on Boola-Boola. It sounds different, but there's a lot of time in between those releases.

I had no idea that he's a bishop in Fresno now.

I was surprised that I couldn't turn up any info on it online (I submitted this 45 to the Stanley and Bianca database). I am pretty sure that the "Winning Star Records" Richmond address is no longer active.

The second one was found in the Bay Area, but is certainly not from the Bay Area. Yes, it looks like Clarence Coulter is behind this. I am surprised I couldn't find anything about this one either.

David Hartfield has also got the following titles registered with BMI:

"Let's Start Praising The Lord", "O Lord", "Just Gonna Be That Way" and "All The Way".

Considering that, and the fact that WINNING STAR is registered with the following address over at BMI:

WINNING STAR MUSIC

349 S 9TH ST

RICHMOND, CA 94804-2405

...it's not too far of a stretch that it's the same David Hartfield that nowadays is a bishop in the Free Light Of The World church in Fresno, CA:

I might ofcourse be totally wrong about this though! g.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert