Thompin,the Merced Blue Notes

De-to

just found this upstairs in one of my many record boxes cant even remember where it came from,!!!its the same tune on both sides,is this anything to do with the merced blue notes thumpin(thompin)/do the pig on motowns soul label number 35007 or is it just an acetate of the thompin 45 on galaxy records by the merced blue notes any info please value etc,unsure.gifph34r.gif

ps its from the 60s but its still got that strange acetate smell if you know what i mean,even after all those years,!!!

post-9436-12661623811512_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

just found this upstairs in one of my many record boxes cant even remember where it came from,!!!its the same tune on both sides,is this anything to do with the merced blue notes thumpin(thompin)/do the pig on motowns soul label number 35007 or is it just an acetate of the thompin 45 on galaxy records by the merced blue notes any info please value etc,unsure.gifph34r.gif

ps its from the 60s but its still got that strange acetate smell if you know what i mean,even after all those years,!!!

I was under the impression they were the same tracks, different labels. 35007 is rare. Anyone got a scan by any chance? Interesting item, would love to know its history.

Social source share

apologies if I'm hijacking thread . . . . . . any collectors out there got Merced Blue Notes on S35007 Do The Pig / Thompin? Is Do The Pig Thompin pt 1? I presume any out there are promo's . . . . .anybody?

dean,same question from me mate ive been after this usa soul 45 for years and never seen one,unsure.gifph34r.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert