I Choose You - Paris

OK, it's not 100mph Northern Soul but it is one of the greatest Soul records ever put to plastic and Valentine's Day is coming up so we can get away with a slowie when it's as good as this!

Yep, we just launched the Backbeats Facebook Page and we're delighted to have the opportunity to offer everyone the brilliant "I Choose You" by Paris as a free download on Valentine's weekend!

Quite simply one of the greatest records ever made and our heartfelt thanks go to the owners of the Chi-Sound catalogue for their generosity in clearing such a timeless classic as part of the promotion for the Backbeats series.

Go to.....

https://www.facebook....17791178?ref=ts

Join up and then go to the download page and hit the link.

Download it and play it to your loved ones for the rest of your life.

I wasn't gonna even post here because I was scaried of shameless self-promotion accusations but there's some interesting stuff afoot with Holland/Dozier/Holland, Invictus/Hot Wax/Music Merchant and the Gold Forever Publishing catalogue, so it'll be worth being plugged in I reckon! So join up.

Ian D biggrin.gif

PS Mike and the Mods - If you need to shift to the appropriate area then please go ahead. I wasn't sure where to post.....

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

OK, it's not 100mph Northern Soul but it is one of the greatest Soul records ever put to plastic and Valentine's Day is coming up so we can get away with a slowie when it's as good as this!

Yep, we just launched the Backbeats Facebook Page and we're delighted to have the opportunity to offer everyone the brilliant "I Choose You" by Paris as a free download on Valentine's weekend!

Quite simply one of the greatest records ever made and our heartfelt thanks go to the owners of the Chi-Sound catalogue for their generosity in clearing such a timeless classic as part of the promotion for the Backbeats series.

Go to.....

I wasn't gonna even post here because I was scaried of shameless self-promotion accusations but there's some interesting stuff afoot with Holland/Dozier/Holland, Invictus/Hot Wax/Music Merchant and the Gold Forever Publishing catalogue, so it'll be worth being plugged in I reckon! So join up.

Ian D biggrin.gif

PS Mike and the Mods - If you need to shift to the appropriate area then please go ahead. I wasn't sure where to post.....

Is that your label Ian ?

I remember the funky MAW - Kenny Dope and Louie Vega mixes on your label from about 94 - Very spaced out indeed.

I also remember the chemistry logo with the bubbles. Very Cool !

I am going back early 90s but Ive deffo still got the CD somewhere.

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Go to.....

Ian D :D

Ian, for those of us not on faceback, what record are you taking about?

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Ian, for those of us not on faceback, what record are you taking about?

Not as straight forward as it seems - Dave..................assuming it is Paris - "I Choose You", which previously surfaced as a US indie and back in 84 was released by Bluebird in the UK, 12 only ?

But confusion rained back then about the artists I.D. First it was Harri Paris of "You Hit My Love", then Paris Holley "10", some even claimed it was Fred Paris.

Then a source at a new record shop, with a well established background and sponsor on Corporation Street, Manchester informed us all later that -Holley and Harri was the same Paris (artist).laugh.giflaugh.gif .

No wonder Ken wants to tw@t his original copy.

But thanks Ian for providing this upload or download.yes.gif

Cheers.

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

"I Choose You" - Paris originally released on Kelli-Arts Records in 1984. Produced by the great Carl Davis and written by Carl Davis, Paris Holley and Otis Leavill. One of the all-time greats ballad wise.......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Thanks for the above Ian, Paris Holley on vocals - it is then yes.gif .

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I wasn't gonna even post here because I was scaried of shameless self-promotion accusations

....Yes it's always you.you,you where you're concerned, isn't it Dewhirst.....whistling.gif .....laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Social source share

"I Choose You" - Paris originally released on Kelli-Arts Records in 1984. Produced by the great Carl Davis and written by Carl Davis, Paris Holley and Otis Leavill. One of the all-time greats ballad wise.......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Re IAN and NICK, the title of the tread kind of gives it away.ohmy.gif .thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Re IAN and NICK, the title of the thread kind of gives it away.ohmy.gif .thumbup.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifshhh.gif ...................... How silly of me Dave whistling.gif .

How you doin' "me old china !!!!"

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

....Yes it's always you.you,you where you're concerned, isn't it Dewhirst.....whistling.gif .....laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

And to think I was singing your praises to the good folk @ H-D-H this week! tongue.gif

Incidentally, they'll be reading up on your sleeve notes on the 11 Edsel Invictus/Hot Wax reissues this weekend 'cos I sent 'em 4 sets 'cos when I checked with 'em they said they hadn't received any yet!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert