Lou Johnson

Guest little glyn

Guest little glyn

from what era/time/date? did lou johnstone "i,m satisfied" appear on the scene does any one know at which club,which d.j.,what label and current value on vinyl today please ?

Edited by little glyn
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Errr........... Lou Johnson "Unsatisfied" (if that's the record you mean) has been a UK club spin since the sixties.

It got heavily revived in the mid 70's and tends to fetch around £75 on UK London label issue (Black/Silver) and £150+ on UK London Yellow Demo with the US Big Top label copies going for around £35 - £50, though someone like Pete Smith would be able to provide more accurate (current) valuations.

Sean

Social source share

Errr........... Lou Johnson "Unsatisfied" (if that's the record you mean) has been a UK club spin since the sixties.

It got heavily revived in the mid 70's and tends to fetch around £75 on UK London label issue (Black/Silver) and £150+ on UK London Yellow Demo with the US Big Top label copies going for around £35 - £50, though someone like Pete Smith would be able to provide more accurate (current) valuations.

Sean

Doh !!

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest little glyn

Sean

sad.gif thanks for the above info very useful and well spotted DELIBERATE !! mistake mmmm i was going to say it must of been because it was late until i saw the time of yor reply

Edited by little glyn
Social source share

Sean

Here's the U.K. London & Yellow Label Big Top, (Blue Label Big Top Copies Slightly, Easier To Find)

London_HL-X-9994b.jpgBig_Top_101b.jpg

Social source share

nice uk and usa demos,im jealous,unsure.gifph34r.gif

hatsoff2.gif I was going to post my Demo but it's now up there. the record was played at the TORCH as such I dispute that 1972 is the mid 7ts? although he cant remember but I can clearly Mick Selling the very rare White DEMO for £5 in the mid 8ts 85, and also his UK Monument /London Demo a top collectors item. Poceeding this record was "Magic Potion" B side of the standard "Reach out for me" both songs are Bacharach/David Was Popular in the 6ts by origanal MODS in Soho clubs and at the Twisted Wheel Club making this an all time classic and I believe it was Ady C who gave it a revival s some 20years on from its MOD plays.

Also the Scotchman Glaswegion Frankie Vaughn did get fame from covering Lous songs as well as Adam(Budgie)Faith, the EP the Magic Potion of Lou Johnson is also highly collectable on origanal London Label.boxing.gif

ph34r.gif DAVE KILpost-13241-12659442248168_thumb.jpg

post-13241-12659442248168_thumb.jpg

Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

I remember buying a very clean (near mint) blue issue off Rob Messer at Spitalfield market during the week...DJing with it on the Saturday and while trying to put it back in my box fell forward and snapped it in half on the table edge. Went to Plinston Hall a few weeks later and got another off Rob but a nice white demo.

Social source share

Sean

I think you should be able to get a blue copy for less than that.

Social source share

Yes, London DEMOs & Big Top White DEMOs are extremely Desirable.

Think there's both an East Coast & a West Coast White DEMO for the Big Top release.

Virtually Impossible To Find Though.

How do you know a West Coast Demo, address around bottom?

Edited by Rbman
Social source share

How do you know a West Coast Demo, address around bottom?

Big_Top_101b.jpg

I believe that there is a STYRENE DEMO for this & West Coast Press.

Haven't actually HELD a copy to check Deadwax though, these two Stock Copies are from PopSike.com

230335737171.jpg

4715611405.jpg

Both Described as WEST COAST STOCK COPY (Click on Label)

Looking at the Run-In Does look to be Monarch style rather than the Multi Run-In (Bestway)

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert