Billy Arnell

Back in the mists of time, I remember Tough Girl being massive at St Ives, so much so that I rushed to the stage to find out what it was...to be told that it was The Sparkles "New Jersey Pike"...now admittedly it was noisy, packed and the brain was racing anyway, but did I hear correctly? Over the years I've argued this with Flynn-san who has gone into print saying it was covered as The Sprinkles - New Jersey Connection, and he won't hear any different. Anyone confirm the cover-up for me please?

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Back in the mists of time, I remember Tough Girl being massive at St Ives, so much so that I rushed to the stage to find out what it was...to be told that it was The Sparkles "New Jersey Pike"...now admittedly it was noisy, packed and the brain was racing anyway, but did I hear correctly? Over the years I've argued this with Flynn-san who has gone into print saying it was covered as The Sprinkles - New Jersey Connection, and he won't hear any different. Anyone confirm the cover-up for me please?

Morning jerry, maybe i`m wrong too, but i allways thought it was covered as the SPARKLES also-unsure.gif

Social source share

Guest mickeyb

...does this mean I'm going to be proved right for once?whistling

I always thought that it was covered up as The Sparkles too. That may be because you told me that in the very dark oldies room later. Should have been The Spangled whistling

Social source share

Guest mickeyb

PS I don't think Flynn San would have been at St Ives anyway. He's considerably younger than yow (and me).

Social source share

the record is actually by billy arnell and the sparkles an easy cover up just drop billy arnell,!!!unsure.gifph34r.gif

Billy Arnell is still producing records , but is mainly involved with Heavy Metal acts such as Riot .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Chucking my two-penneth in your honor:I did St.Ives albeit later than when said disc was first exposed (curse me for being soooooo young :thumbsup: )...I got the c/up info from the guy who first turned it up (in Watford!) and sold it on!

If the concensus is The Sparkles I'll be more than happy to amend my infamous cover-up list!

good.gif

Social source share

Chucking my two-penneth in your honor:I did St.Ives albeit later than when said disc was first exposed (curse me for being soooooo young :thumbup: )...I got the c/up info from the guy who first turned it up (in Watford!) and sold it on!

If the concensus is The Sparkles I'll be more than happy to amend my infamous cover-up list!

good.gif

The Sprinkles ? a more impressionable name than The Sparkles :lol:

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Tom Walsh

Chucking my two-penneth in your honor:I did St.Ives albeit later than when said disc was first exposed (curse me for being soooooo young laugh.gif )...I got the c/up info from the guy who first turned it up (in Watford!) and sold it on!

good.gif

Hi Dave,

Yes the man who discovered it was Steve Cooper from Bedford, think he found in a box of records in someones house not sure if it was Watford tho think it might have been Hemel hempstead. thumbup.gif

ATB,

Pete pirate.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert