1. 1. Bud Harper - Let It Rain : like / dislike

• dislike

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Was eight quid on the Soul Bowl 'label' lists in about '83: quite expensive by their standards for a general soul record. "Mr. Soul" was a fiver if memory serves me correctly (people seemed to want the Vocalian copies of that far more for some reason).

If only we all knew then what we know now. Of course some knew back then we all know now.

Social source share

Yes it's fantastic - wish it was a tiny bit faster though...if I didn't know who it was I'd have said Bobby Bland.

I've heard it out (unpitched) and it sounds f..kin ace !! Can't remember who played it though. My mate MikeySoul used to play this around Southend too. If you're reading this Mikey, though I hate to say it, but you got taste.

Social source share

I've heard it out (unpitched) and it sounds f..kin ace !! Can't remember who played it though. My mate MikeySoul used to play this around Southend too. If you're reading this Mikey, though I hate to say it, but you got taste.

hey phil, think it was me when we had that midtempo night at the city club, i played it near the end of the night with george

freeman & george wydell

fantastic piece of soulthumbup.gif

hope ur well

russ

Social source share

hey phil, think it was me when we had that midtempo night at the city club, i played it near the end of the night with george

freeman & george wydell

fantastic piece of soulthumbup.gif

hope ur well

russ

You could be right brother Russ but I know me mate Mikey darn saarf always recommended it. But whoever it was Bud H was first!! Great moody well produced soul. Fab u fookin lus!! Hope yr well mate...

Phil

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Great sound on a great logo.

Just the kind of sound I'd love to hear in a soul bar. Something we have very little of (or any of ) in the UK.

It'll never materialise for me but I always dreamed of owning a city centre small soul bar. Decked out with original 1960's/70s US posters, black & white photos of obscure artists etc etc to add atmosphere. Not a dance floor in sight and just playing classic soul, deep soul, some delta blues etc.

Go in any evening of the week and just eat, drink, listen and talk great soul with like minded individuals.

Just a dream unfortunately.

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Great sound on a great logo.

Just the kind of sound I'd love to hear in a soul bar. Something we have very little of (or any of ) in the UK.

It'll never materialise for me but I always dreamed of owning a city centre small soul bar. Decked out with original 1960's/70s US posters, black & white photos of obscure artists etc etc to add atmosphere. Not a dance floor in sight and just playing classic soul, deep soul, some delta blues etc.

Go in any evening of the week and just eat, drink, listen and talk great soul with like minded individuals.

Just a dream unfortunately.

Ya not on ya own with that dream Dave! thumbsup.gif

steve

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Ya not on ya own with that dream Dave! thumbsup.gif

steve

Hey up Steve, not on my own then.

I've mentioned that dream to a few folks in the past and they've nearly always looked at me as I was nuts.

WHAT!!! No dance floor? :rolleyes:

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Bud Harper 3 records has any one a list, I know Mr Soul And Where Ever but whats the 3rd.

From Dave Rimmer's site

Bud Harper with O. S. Grant and The Downbeats (members Bud Harper, ...........)

Harlem 17 - Never Let Me Go / I've Just Got To Forget You - 1961

Bud Harper with The Downbeats (members Bud Harper, .............................)

Sarg 196 - Down The Aisle / This Woman I Love - 1962

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert