Minneapolis 70S Funk Soul Band Re-Releasing First Two Cds

Hello Everyone,

I have recently met with the lead singer of a 70s funk soul band from Minneapolis called Haze. Their first record and unreleased second record (as well as nearly impossible to find 45s) are quite collectible on the soul/funk scene, with copies shifting in the $75-$300 range for both LPs. Due to a record being saved from a dumpster and all sorts of amazing circumstances, the band has reformed.

The band has remastered both releases for CD, with plans to re-release it on vinyl as well. I should make it clear that the band has no interest in signing to a label, but I have talked with them about getting the release out to the UK/Australia/Europe market.

In meeting with the lead singer yesterday, I presented a few suggestions. One, I suggested the pressing of a 45 for DJs with an uptempo dance track (several songs they have recorded fit this description) with maybe a soul ballad/other track.

They are interested in touring at some point (and I also suggested participating in SoulTrip 2011), but want to first focus on these two reissue projects.

I mentioned to the lead singer that I would post something on SoulSource to see what thoughts/suggestions/ideas, etc. come forward.

If a 45 is released, where does the wholelsale or retail price need to be, and the same for the CD?

Thanks, everyone, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Tim

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source