• Replies 19
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dave Turner

Thanks mate, but already seen that one and it has an incomplete Jerry-O label listing as well as some inaccurate info on some of the releases sad.gif

Cheers

Richard

Ok mate, if I come across a listing I'll let you know.

Maurice Miller Trio - Karachi - Jerry-O 801

Social source share

wasn't this listing discussed on here some time ago? sure someone will find it if it was.

Hi Chalky - did a search and found this:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/99855-jerry-o/page__p__1051935__hl__jerryo__fromsearch__1entry1051935

But it doesn't give a Jerry-O listing - it's the label rather than the artist I need.

I have started putting a list together of the releases (not that many) and I will post it up when it's done - then we can try and fill in the gaps.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Hi

I did a two part Jerry O story in manifesto some time ago. The Jerry O label releases I have are -

101 Plookie McCline - The Gorilla Walk / Uncle Willie

103 Willie Logan - You Conquered Me / Say That You Care

104 Bobby Rush - Someday / Let Me Love You

105 Dukays - The Jerk / Mo' Jerk

106 Dukays - Mellow - Fezeckey

After this release, Sammy Kaplan was involved and although the label was still called Jerry O, it was 100% Boogaloo and Detroit based.

111 Tom & Jerroo - (Papa Chew) Do The Boogaloo / PT2

The Sherwood Production label is also a Boogaloo off-shoot.

The shit rare Jerry O related release is on ABC / Paramount 10787 - Ooly-Choo / Bacardi. It makes Frank Wilson look like a charity shop job.

I have looked out for any records connected to this guy for a lifetime and have never seen #102 or any of the other `missing` numbers. Its likely that once Jerry O went to Kaplan's in Detroit, he left the label behind in Chicago but took a couple of tracks with him.

Jerry O had a fan club in the UK in the late 70s, called JITS (Jerry-O Is Tops) a guy called Ady who works for Ace/ Kent was president.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Hi

I did a two part Jerry O story in manifesto some time ago. The Jerry O label releases I have are -

101 Plookie McCline - The Gorilla Walk / Uncle Willie

103 Willie Logan - You Conquered Me / Say That You Care

104 Bobby Rush - Someday / Let Me Love You

105 Dukays - The Jerk / Mo' Jerk

106 Dukays - Mellow - Fezeckey

After this release, Sammy Kaplan was involved and although the label was still called Jerry O, it was 100% Boogaloo and Detroit based.

111 Tom & Jerroo - (Papa Chew) Do The Boogaloo / PT2

The Sherwood Production label is also a Boogaloo off-shoot.

The shit rare Jerry O related release is on ABC / Paramount 10787 - Ooly-Choo / Bacardi. It makes Frank Wilson look like a charity shop job.

I have looked out for any records connected to this guy for a lifetime and have never seen #102 or any of the other `missing` numbers. Its likely that once Jerry O went to Kaplan's in Detroit, he left the label behind in Chicago but took a couple of tracks with him.

Jerry O had a fan club in the UK in the late 70s, called JITS (Jerry-O Is Tops) a guy called Ady who works for Ace/ Kent was president.

If you go to Craig Moerer's site and do a label search for Jerry-O these others show, unfortunately only one side is listed for two of them.

https://www.recordsbymail.com/

Maruice Miller Trio - Karachi - Jerry-O 801 (possibly a typo for 108 ?) and also most likely a typo for Maurice

Tom & Jerryo - Boo-Ga-Loo - Jerry-O 110

Mutt & Jeffo - Soul L-O-V-E-R/Soul Blues - Jerry-O 106 - labels pasted on top of summat else, see here

https://funky16corners.tripod.com/3_jerryo_discog.htm

None of the above to be taken as fact without scans but to keep in mind as possibles.

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

If you go to Craig Moerer's site and do a label search for Jerry-O these others show, unfortunately only one side is listed for two of them.

https://www.recordsbymail.com/

Maruice Miller Trio - Karachi - Jerry-O 801 (possibly a typo for 108 ?) and also most likely a typo for Maurice

Tom & Jerryo - Boo-Ga-Loo - Jerry-O 110

Mutt & Jeffo - Soul L-O-V-E-R/Soul Blues - Jerry-O 106 - labels pasted on top of summat else, see here

https://funky16corner...rryo_discog.htm

None of the above to be taken as fact without scans but to keep in mind as possibles.

I have a copy here of the Mutt & Jeffo 45 on Jerry-O 106 (actually Craig Moerer's scans attached though). It says on the funky16corner site https://funky16corner...rryo_discog.htm that this is pasted on top of a Boo-Ga-Loo release. However, it is actually on top of the Sherwood release (can be seen in the pic if you look closely).

Matrix number in deadwax on A-Side is SP-106A. On the B-side it is BL 101 B.

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-12651467674906_thumb.jpg

post-12286-12651467822402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

... Tom & Jerryo - Boo-Ga-Loo - Jerry-O 110

Here is a scan of the Jerry-O label release #110

Not sure if I have this 45 myself wacko.gif - will check and confirm the full details if I do.

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-12651475491272_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 4 months later...

Here is a scan of the Jerry-O label release #110

Not sure if I have this 45 myself :wacko: - will check and confirm the full details if I do.

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard

Just bought a 45 that might be of interest to you, PAUL TATE - FOOL FOR YOU / SAVE YOUR LOVE - JERRY O #110.

It is a light weight pop / R&B number, yellow label, "A Boogaloo Production".

That leaves the following gaps I think -

100, 102, 108, 109 and 112 onwards but 111 might be the last?

Keith

Social source share

Hi Richard

Just bought a 45 that might be of interest to you, PAUL TATE - FOOL FOR YOU / SAVE YOUR LOVE - JERRY O #110.

Keith

i have some of the gaps, will try to look into them and post some tonight. one not mentioned here is by the "green grunchions all stars".

Social source share

Hi Richard

Keith

Hi Keith - thanks very much for the Paul Tate details. I think I have info an at least one of those missing numbers. Will check it out and get back to you.

Hey Bob & Dave - just in case - its' the Jerry-O LABEL not Jerry-O the artist we are chasing details on :D

Bob - is the Green Cruncheons Allstars you mention on Jerry-O or Boo-Ga-Loo please?

Oh and by the way - I need that Green Cruncheons Allstars on Boo-Ga-Loo 112 - and Jerry-O label as well if Bob says he has info on that one too :smile: - anyone help out please?

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Hi Keith - thanks very much for the Paul Tate details. I think I have info an at least one of those missing numbers. Will check it out and get back to you.

Hey Bob & Dave - just in case - its' the Jerry-O LABEL not Jerry-O the artist we are chasing details on :D

Bob - is the Green Cruncheons Allstars you mention on Jerry-O or Boo-Ga-Loo please?

Oh and by the way - I need that Green Cruncheons Allstars on Boo-Ga-Loo 112 - and Jerry-O label as well if Bob says he has info on that one too :smile: - anyone help out please?

Cheers

Richard

Are you sure the missing numbers are not DOUBLE SOUL titles? for example, 108 is the bronzettes, 112 is the scoop sanders, etc.

I actually had two of the green grunchions (it's a "G" not "C", the title is explained in my conservatives interview, it was based on a herb kent skit -- the conservatives "crunching song" was supposed to be "grunchions song"). I think I gave one to collector Dante in Chicago though, I would have to check.

Social source share

Are you sure the missing numbers are not DOUBLE SOUL titles? for example, 108 is the bronzettes, 112 is the scoop sanders, etc.

I actually had two of the green grunchions (it's a "G" not "C", the title is explained in my conservatives interview, it was based on a herb kent skit -- the conservatives "crunching song" was supposed to be "grunchions song"). I think I gave one to collector Dante in Chicago though, I would have to check.

Hi Bob - here's a scan of Boo-Ga-loo 112 showing Grunchons.

If you still have one I'm interested.

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-12765497083432.jpg

post-12286-12765497083432.jpg

Social source share

Hi Bob - here's a scan of Boo-Ga-loo 112 showing Grunchons.

If you still have one I'm interested.

Cheers

Richard

One mystery that has never surfaced is Tom & Jerrio - Oolya-Choo / Bacardi - ABC 10787. In ABC discographies that I've seen such as Globaldog, it isn't ever noted as un-issued. In my decades of collecting, I've never seen a copy or heard of one BUT I do recall that Ady Croasdell had an option to lease it from ABC but that was in the mid 80s.

Incidentally, Wang Dang Do on Wand is the same track as Push Push on Shout but is slightly longer and far more crisp.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert