• Replies 67
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Without a shadow of a doubt DONNA KING TAKE ME HOME

She says you dont have enough f***ing heart.

This made that record for me.

Are you sure you werent listening to a cover version by Millie Jackson?

:ohmy:

Social source share

Little Curtis & the Blues - 'Please Keep Me' it sounds like he is singing Pigs Kidneys :yes:

Does anybody know the words to Marjorie Black - One More Hurt?

Marjorie Black is one of my all time favourites but I have never got past the first few lines untill it all sounds weird. I think the producers -Bateman/Moseley- got her to slur the words as a way of getting over the emotion of the song. She sings the words on the B side clearly enough.

I always thought Johnny Jones sang ''scuse me while I kiss this guy'' on Purple Haze but this should be '' Scuse me while I kiss the sky'' which makes even less sense. As it's a Jimi Hendrix song it may make sense if youre tripping.

Rick Cooper

Social source share

Yes performed live at Clarkie's Function At The Junction circa 1983

One you'll appreciate Ady.Stiff Little Fingers - "Night of the monster".Real title...."Alternative Ulster".

*Should point out that this is NOT Northern soul,or that indeed i am implying as such.

Social source share

Little Curtis & the Blues - 'Please Keep Me' it sounds like he is singing Pigs Kidneys :yes:

marjorie black - one more hurt - soul-tbc

Everybody warned me baby to keep away from you

But baby be you got that holding power and I just can't break lose

Boy you never please me honey like a good man should

Even though you know I love you badly* you know that you're good

Baby you got that special something that makes me feel good inside

Every time I'm good to you daddy* you go and hurt my pride

Then you make me love you madly*

And you treat me real good

Then you go and mess around

Like I knew you would

If you're really gonna love be baby

Like you say you do

It doesn't really make good sense now

To walk away from you

If you keep on lying honey

with your funny ways

you're gonna be the one to put me

right down in my grave

* any or these may or not be 'daddy'

Edited by simon t
Social source share

Guest theoriginator56

======================================================================================================================

I'm a complete Homer Simpson when it comes to lyrics (" Oh when the Saints go over there....." as Homer sings!!!)

Anybody got the time, patience and inclination to fill me in on the the Pointer Sisters "Send Him Back" verse lyrics....been driving me nuts for years.

Best

dogstoat

PS Could pm me save boring everybody else!!!:lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

the sun and the moon send my baby back. its a world of darkness with out him. etc. hope that helps bit late 4 halloween

Social source share

NOT ONLY LYRICS CAN BE MISS HEARD !!

I SPENT MORE THAN A FEW MONTHS LOOKING FOR A COPY OF.................................................................................. BILL LLOYD - GET INTO YOUR LIFE :thumbsup:

Edited by local
Social source share

======================================================================================================================

Anybody got the time, patience and inclination to fill me in on the the Pointer Sisters "Send Him Back" verse lyrics....been driving me nuts for years.

pointer sisters - send him back - atlantic

I didn't know life could be so lonely

And this guy of mine I needed him so

Without this man I don't know which way to turn

And I don't know which way to go

Well he didn't know he was my one and only

You see to me he was my everything

It seems my man was caught in a crossfire

That's when he lost his desire

It's a world of darkness

Since that man's be gone

Sometimes it's so hard to bear

Don't know were I get the strength to carry on

And if I ever get back in his arms again

I'll gonna be holding on for dear life

Only a fool makes the same mistake twice

I know because I paid the price

Social source share

pointer sisters - send him back - atlantic

I didn't know life could be so lonely

And this guy of mine I needed him so

Without this man I don't know which way to turn

And I don't know which way to go

Well he didn't know he was my one and only

You see to me he was my everything

It seems my man was caught in a crossfire

That's when he lost his desire

It's a world of darkness

Since that man's be gone

Sometimes it's so hard to bear

Don't know were I get the strength to carry on

And if I ever get back in his arms again

I'll gonna be holding on for dear life

Only a fool makes the same mistake twice

I know because I paid the price

Social source share

I remember some of the Yate lot,D WISE would sing instead of Manifesto he used to sing Shop at Tesco,it's always stuck in my mind.Went round to Val(chunky) and Elains the other night and this topic came up,i told him my old mate Kev Orton from B O T used to think PEOPLE THATS WHY was actualy PEOPLE EAT FLYS for years this had gone on bless him.

Gilly

I'm in your mates gang...............sang "People That's Quiet" for 25 years........still do come to think of it........still think it fits better :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Guest aintgotit

Little Curtis & the Blues - 'Please Keep Me' it sounds like he is singing Pigs Kidneys :D

um mo hum mo hum mu mo.! simples

Social source share

:huh:HI ALL.....Do I ever get the words right..??? no never even if I had a lyric sheet with a bouncing ball on top of the word! I would get it wrong, if I wrote a song I most defo would forget the words, I was once famously was heired singing the lyric CO CO POPS to Elton Johns Cold Cold Heart, by all the kids of the Scotland ADVENTURE PLAYGROUND, In WOLVES, When I was their youth leader, and I was being 100% serious, So the next time it's played on the FM sing my lyric to it,

As I say I have never been able to sing a full song, except for the SCHOOL fav "Donkey Riding"

HAY HO AWAY WE GO! DONKEY RIDDING DONKEY RIDING>>>RIDING ON ME DONKEY:ph34r:

EE HAW EE HAW allways calls me "Donkey.".I nearly wrote DON KING:boxing: put em up KilworthD.

Social source share

Sorry my dear Mr Rounce , I prefer to think that this would be a normal every day practice / habit for Ms Gray , as it would be more memeorable for me than her recordings :lol: .

Malc

Dreadful singer, sounds like Donald Duck

I've said this on other threads but for at least 20 years I'd sing along to Jerry Willliams - if you ask me - and when the line you're my alpha and omega is sung, I'd belt out - your my apple and an egger. :thumbup:

I thought it was...... "You would be out of an old Viva"

Salvadors.......one of the best records on planet earth....... "Before you, tax that van and walk right outa my life" ..........I got a story to tell that maybe you`ll thing twice.......im a man honey, strong are my knees" :hatsoff2:

Thare are loads of them :wave: Queen.... "spare him his life from these pork sausages" and didnt Terrance Trent Darby sing about Crocodile shit?

Ady, I thought Mickie Champion was a bloke until recently :ohmy:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert