Philippe

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A friend of mine told me about this site : https://www.discogs.com/

Has anybody ever sold or bought records on it ? Or contributed with some info ?

TIA.

Yep, it's pretty much the best site to sell 12" Dance stuff on. It's primarily used as a research tool as the discographies are surprisingly good for the more mainstream stuff. Also it's much, much simpler to list items - it takes aproximately 30 seconds to list something on Discogs as opposed to 6-7 minutes on E-Bay so Discogs is much more user-friendly. Also, you don't pay any fees until you sell something. Pretty good IMO....

Ian D :D

Social source share

I sell on there all the time now, this & Gemm are my main two sites that I use. Altho' Gemm is pretty slow at the best of time.....

Started using Discogs as a cheaper alternative to EvilBay, and cos it was great for selling all different styles of music - the soul stuff listed on there is growing all the time and the sales are too......brilliant site for info too....

Girf

Social source share

I sell on there all the time now, this & Gemm are my main two sites that I use.

I saw that they only take 6% fees, right ? What does take Gemm ?

.brilliant site for info too....

Do you participate by giving some infos ? I noticed that some discographies are rather incomplete...

PS : Thanks all for your replies ! :shhh:

Social source share

I saw that they only take 6% fees, right ? What does take Gemm ?

Do you participate by giving some infos ? I noticed that some discographies are rather incomplete...

PS : Thanks all for your replies ! :shhh:

Yes Philippe, the fees are 6% (min 10p or cents ?? I think) - Gemm is 13% if they process payment, thats 13% of the total including the postage cost.

I add titles all the time, its a database of music and yes lots of labels are incomplete - its an ongoing thing, and it would be nice to see more soul / funk collectors involved.....

Girf

Social source share

I have just started up on there & am looking at adding to their woefully incomplete soul/funk lists. If more soul/funk collectors got behind it & added to the database it could be a really useful place for selling & buying. At the moment there is a lot of mainstream & dance/electronica/hip hop music getting moved through there. It won't get any better unless we all contribute.

Social source share

I have just started up on there & am looking at adding to their woefully incomplete soul/funk lists. If more soul/funk collectors got behind it & added to the database it could be a really useful place for selling & buying. At the moment there is a lot of mainstream & dance/electronica/hip hop music getting moved through there. It won't get any better unless we all contribute.

When it started it was predominantly for dance / house / electronica etc only, and has grown from there. Obviously the scope has always been there for the other types of music - and slowly it is being introduced. Like you say, needs some contribution from the soul / funk / jazz people. Its already a fantastic source of information, and will only get bigger & better.....for selling, its already a really useful place. I couldn't do without it, and it pleases me sooooooo much not to have to use Ebay any longer......

Girf

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert