Prices On Gemm

Swifty

Now correct if I'm wrong but when I look for records on Gemm there is always a couple of dealers

(Always the same ones) from France & Holland that have all their records at a Million times

what they are actually worth. Why ? (or am I just paranoid and everybody else is wrong DOH!)

Thoughts please ( and please don't tell me I don't have to buy them , I know that but who does ?)

Cheers

Swifty thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Now correct if I'm wrong but when I look for records on Gemm there is always a couple of dealers

(Always the same ones) from France & Holland that have all their records at a Million times

what they are actually worth. Why ? (or am I just paranoid and everybody else is wrong DOH!)

Thoughts please ( and please don't tell me I don't have to buy them , I know that but who does ?)

Cheers

Swifty thumbsup.gif

they haven't got any stock, they copy other people's catalogues and put them up at ten times the price. if they 'sell' something they try and buy it elsewhere cheaper, otherwise say it's out of stock. usually have a low amount of sales to number of items in their non-existent catalogue, not much feedback, slow delivery times. don't know how they get away with it, but they seem to still be on there, hi to seller HAL, etc, you nobs...

cheers Sutty

Social source share

The owner is a bit moody, I've been banned from Gemm, all because I got billed (and paid) twice for the same record! Basically, I told my credit card who promptly addressed the balance, of course I didn't know but Gemm refunded me too. Was it my fault? No! Now I can't buy on there. But, by what you guys are saying, who cares!

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Generally i prefer Gemm to ebay because sometimes if you miss an auction on ebay you can go on Gemm and find it cheaper (depending on what it is and condition) but i agree about this so-called back ordering business. It's a pain in the arse if you buy on there for an event coming up in few weeks and your item goes on back order and you don't get it in time. glare.gif If they don't have the stock they shouldn't list.

Social source share

there are a few dealers on gemm ..... rockhouse and one or two others who list 45`s they dont necessarily have in stock.also a few more ...carec and archdeacon spring to mind who im sure will never have sold a 45 in their lives judging by the prices they charge. but also loads of familiar uk dealers are on there and of course their 45`s are book price or as near as damn it. still plenty of good finds tho

dave

Social source share

Thanks for the replys , surely nobody ever buys off these people or do they ? I usually look

on GEMM if I see something on ebay that I have no idea of price on because I can get an average

from what other people are selling the same record for but then as was said earlier you come across

somebody who's selling a record . which seems cheaper than going rate , only to find out

that they haven't updated their site for a year or more and it's not in stock wanker.gif

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Christ! Just took a peek on there, 'Black River Circus' (nice unknown Northern/Garage thing) "Love's Gonna Carry Me"...Prices range from a mere $7 to $419..!!!!...taking in another @ $321..!!!! Wow!

If you like your Northern in a 'Tempests/ Ithacas' blue-eyed garage kind of way better get the $7 one now!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert