Lucky Fellow

Guest remus

Guest remus

Does anybody know who is doing the vocals on the Independents version of "Luck Fellow"......Is it Chuck or Maurice Jackson?

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest remus

have been told it is maurice same as the single

mark

link

ta Mark, was told it was Chuck but after listening again agree with you.

Social source share

Guest remus

And the Independents cut  is  the BEST  version ( not to mention the most EASILY obtainable version) , so lets have none of this " the rarer versions are better " nonsense from the elite few anoraks on this site !

link

Totally agree. Just traded the Maurice for the LP version.

Can't be doing with those angels screaming their heads off all the way through the Maurice version!

Social source share

And the Independents cut  is  the BEST  version ( not to mention the most EASILY obtainable version) , so lets have none of this " the rarer versions are better " nonsense from the elite few anoraks on this site !

link

I also like the Independants version, however, I still think the Maurice Jackson version as the edge........Personnal preference and all that whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest remus

I also like the Independants version, however, I still think the Maurice Jackson version as the edge........Personnal preference and all that wicked.gif

link

furry muff johnny!,

give me strings rather than screaming banshee's anyday whistling.gif

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest remus

Out of interest what "Wand" label design is your "Independents" Lp.

Dave f.............

link

Dont know yet Dave, waiting for the postie! :lol:

Social source share

biggrin.gif Yes and that version as well......  :thumbsup:

I think this must be the 2nd or 3rd time " Lucky Fellow " as been discussed on here over the last few months......all in all a great track which ever version. yes.gif

link

I also like Major Harris..."Loving you is Mellow", which I know is a completly different track, but follows " Lucky Fellow " on the turntables when played out...

Social source share

Guest remus

yes.gif   Unsurpassable imo.

Roger

link

nice version by, Leroy but the Independents version sends the hairs up, relentless version, swirling strings, f***ing awesome! biggrin.gif

Social source share

link

What a load of Bollocks, musicial taste is subjective, i have both versions and i happen to edge with the Lakeside/Candlelite cut, and for being rare, "Sweet Creeping Jesus" don't you look through sales boxes when out and about, readily available and not that expensive.

Leroy Hutson as mentioned also delivers right on the shilling.

PS...For those that might not know....Chuck Jackson on the Independents LP is not the well known power house baritone of the same label, and the Independents non singing brother is the Rev. Jessie Jackson.

Yeah John...been mentioned countless times .........same for and against camps.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert