Artists In Film Cameos

• Replies 108
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest toffee lady

If anybody watches Paramount comedy on Sky check out "Becker" starring Ted Danson.

His receptionist called Margaret is played by a certain Hattie Winston. Thinking "Pass me by" on Parkway.

Bifg black lady, late fifties I guess, and she sang in one episode.

HATTIE WINSTON WAS ALSO IN 'JACKIE BROWN' DOING A SUPREMES ROUTINE FOR ROBERT DE NIRO

JANETTTE X

Social source share

Wilson Pickett in "The Commitments.

Ya don't see him but he's in the back of the car

:)

:yes:

Dean Parrish appeared under the name ' Philip J. Anastasia ' in an episode of The Sopranos .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Not too sure if this counts as they are DJ's but I am sure I have seen the following popping up these movies:

Keb Darge - The Hills Have Eyes

Dave Rimmer - Mad Max beyond Thunder Dome, I think he appears seven or eight times in this film

Butch - lead role in Kes (The boy not the bird!)

The Bids Crew - I think most appeared in Please sir as the Fenchurch street gang

Ady Croasdale - Appeared briefly in episode three of Captain Pugwash as a Spanish sailor

Russ Winstanley - Played villain number seven in get carter (The original) Russ also stared as the shampoo bottle in the popular TV commercial "Matey Bubble Bath"

Kev Roberts - Very small part in the 1979 West German vampire horror film Nosferatu the Vampyre, this scene was heavily edited by the censor.

Social source share

Tony, Mary Love's track from the film was in fact recorded and included on the Dolemite LP soundtrack, a fact omitted from virtually every Mary Love discography I have seen.

Ive got the film on Video somewhere and actually transferred the Mary Love clip to a video I was selling at the Rocket allnighters in 2002.Remember it was a slow ballad.She was supposed to be playing in a club and there was a hot funk band who followed her on .Most of these blaxploitation films are still available.Must dig out the Black Gestapo and Scream Blacula Scream.Stu Gardner in Point Blank is mostly screaming.Anybody seen the Jerry Lee Lewis Special DVD with Jackie Wilson....had to buy it after being disappointed he wasnt in a Lovely Way To Die.Right im off to check out The Candy Tangerine man,Dr Goldfoot,Music Machine,Love Machine,Savage,Dynamite chicken,human tornado,report to the commissioner and salt and pepper,

Social source share

:thumbsup:

Dean Parrish appeared under the name ' Philip J. Anastasia ' in an episode of The Sopranos .

Malc

:thumbsup: That's right Malc, under his real name, and as a wedding singer - but I don't recall him actually singing.

If I remember correctly, his appearance in The Sopranos assisted Ady Croasdell in finally tracking him down and luring him to Cleethorpes (I think)

A fascinating , but lengthy, interview which reveals all of this is on Refosoul (The Dean Parrish Story). I love the bit where he reminisces of his first stage appearance at

a Northern gig........"Oh my God, they're all white!..........and they must have been thinking - Oh my God he's white!" :thumbsup:

- Kev.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert