Soul Explosion Lp

John Benson

Looking through one of the usual sites, I came across this description of an LP for sale:

Mint Israeli LP of Soul explosion on Local Gal Ron label.

This compilation includes songs of Garnet Mimms, LLoyd Price, Anderson Brothers, Blanch Carter, Liberation, Winfield Parker, Joe Quarterman and Sound Experience.

Now to me it looks like a GSF records compilation, but I've never heard of one?

I've contacted the seller for more info, but not had a reply as yet...

Does anyone know anything about it? - track listing perhaps, it looks quite interesting to me

rolleyes.gifpost-5094-12639904177983_thumb.jpg

Interesting cover too

thumbsup.gif

post-5094-12639904177983_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Interesting find John, and from the artist listing it certainly seems to be a compilation of GSF tunes, which would make it the first issue of the Anderson Brothers....:yes:

Don't know much about Gal Ron Records (who does...? :tongue: ), but according to Bill Board they licensed from a good few labels in the US and Europe during 60's and 70's, so there's a good chance that your find is pukka..thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Presume your buying it for the cover and not the musical contentlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Hi Mick - a bit of both reallythumbsup.gif

I've still not heard back yet, but as it's already in the post, I'll post more when it lands.

Yes, the Anderson Brothers was a one sider, so it's a good chance we'll know that track!

Only two sides of Blanche Carter were on the label , so it has to be one of them, the others had more than one release, so who knows on those?

Social source share

Right, for anyone who just might be interested, here's an update on this album.

It arrived today and as suspected it IS material from the GSF label, in fact it's actually on GSF, albeit not quite like the one we know.

Here's the track listing from the back cover:

post-5094-12645482307761_thumb.jpg

Note the Anderson Brothers and Blanch Carter tracks were as suspected, the Garnet Mimms isn't bad either!

Here's the labels:

post-5094-12645482593823_thumb.jpg

post-5094-12645482829802_thumb.jpg

Makes you wonder if they released any 45s on this logo in Israel doesn't it?

There's no mention of the year of release, but I would imagine it was probably during the early 70's while the US label was still active?g.gif

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Right, for anyone who just might be interested, here's an update on this album.

It arrived today and as suspected it IS material from the GSF label, in fact it's actually on GSF, albeit not quite like the one we know.

Here's the track listing from the back cover:

Note the Anderson Brothers and Blanch Carter tracks were as suspected, the Garnet Mimms isn't bad either!

Here's the labels:

Makes you wonder if they released any 45s on this logo in Israel doesn't it?

There's no mention of the year of release, but I would imagine it was probably during the early 70's while the US label was still active?g.gif

Cracking find John, I googled it, as I suppose you did, some days ago and could find no mention of it. Oddities such as this are stand out items in any collection I feel.

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

I certainly did, Googled, Amazoned, Ebayed, you name it - I tried ityes.gif

But nothing else shows up, just this oneno.gif

Pity they didn't go the whole hog and include Connie Laverne as well ehbiggrin.gif

Cracking find, would love one as a album man me sen thumbup.gif

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert