Current Soul Music, Who Plays It?

To keep up with the latest soul sounds who do you listen too? Apart from Solar Radio & PY on Jazz FM who plays to the masses? Any suggestions?

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

To keep up with the latest soul sounds who do you listen too? Apart from Solar Radio & PY on Jazz FM who plays to the masses? Any suggestions?

link

Mike Stephens on Solar/Sunday evening 6-8.Paul Philips/Solar Saturday and Sunday night 10-12.Steve Hobbs and Geoff Bingham Solar.Richard Searling Jazz FM Sat 6-8.

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Billy

Paul Philips Has absolutely everything !

Ask him about the story about the King Tutt 12"  :P

and he'e a nice guy too

Cheers

pete

link

wouldn't know, never met him. He's not very good with emails.....replying to them I mean :P ..but yes he has some great records. A few bordering on house/boogie but some superb 70s & modern soul.

There was a King Tutt 12" on ebay a while back, didn't interest me as I don't really like it. There were also 12" copies of Masterforce on Rainforest and Sam Butler on SRI, neither of which I never knew existed.

Billy

Social source share

wouldn't know, never met him. He's not very good with emails.....replying to them I mean :P ..but yes he has some great records. A few bordering on house/boogie but some superb 70s & modern soul.

There was a King Tutt 12" on ebay a while back, didn't interest me as I don't really like it. There were also 12" copies of Masterforce on Rainforest and Sam Butler on SRI, neither of which I never knew existed.

Billy

link

Morning Mark,

He's a top lad is Paul Philips, ya wanna check out his website,

www.soulmusiccollector.com

Just have a listen to some of the music on there, King Tutt 12", Alan Harris Loverman Ronnie Stokes etc, me & Errol are hoping to have him guest for us at modernism some time in the future.

See ya friday...

Social source share

Guest funky4u

Yes, I like, Listen & Play this stuff along with contempory Soulful House.

I'm particularly into Leela james, Platinuum Pied Pipers, Wajeed, Havanna etc. at the moment.

If you like UK Street Soul ... in the guise of Brokenbeat (which I do) Check out the Bugz In The Attic show on Kiss FM which is late saturdays - you can hear it on the net - google kiss 100 - & get the connections there.

& check my shows on Wednesdays 8-9pm on www.scratchnspin.net (UK Time)

:P

Social source share

Morning Mark,

He's a top lad is Paul Philips, ya wanna check out his website,

www.soulmusiccollector.com

Just have a listen to some of the music on there, King Tutt 12", Alan Harris Loverman Ronnie Stokes etc, me & Errol are hoping to have him guest for us at modernism some time in the future.

See ya friday...

link

Yes mate been on his website. Google has lead me there plenty of times in the search for that ellusic vinyl :P

Looking forward to Friday. Lots have said they'll be there, others said they'll try, so all being well should be a top connoisseur's night.

M

Social source share

For some reason I am cannot connect to Richard Searling, Smooth FM on the internet, does anyone else have this problem, can get PY ok but not on the radio anymore, whats going on? whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert