Lee Bates /gorden Keith - Dragon?

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'll bump this one as I was talking to Dave about it this afternoon. Dave knows Gordon Keith and as he put it to me "he's in hard times and $100 would mean alot to him". I'm not about to start a Gordon Keith fund but I do think we should back up the principles we (soul fans) often put out on here about artists getting their just rewards. So do we know who puts out tracks on Dragon and are they legit? Ady

Social source share

I'll bump this one as I was talking to Dave about it this afternoon. Dave knows Gordon Keith and as he put it to me "he's in hard times and $100 would mean alot to him". I'm not about to start a Gordon Keith fund but I do think we should back up the principles we (soul fans) often put out on here about artists getting their just rewards. So do we know who puts out tracks on Dragon and are they legit? Ady

i know gordon keith too but i have no idea what this thread is referring to so some more context would be helpful

Social source share

i know gordon keith too but i have no idea what this thread is referring to so some more context would be helpful

Sounds to me like the issue is that someone put out a record without permission and without remuneration to the proper people. Dave is in touch with Gordon Keith, and is trying to do the right thing in finding out if he can get in touch with whoever bootlegged the record so that some money can be sent to Gordon Keith.

Having been to Gordon's house myself, I concur that he could certainly use the money.

Social source share

Sounds to me like the issue is that someone put out a record without permission and without remuneration to the proper people. Dave is in touch with Gordon Keith, and is trying to do the right thing in finding out if he can get in touch with whoever bootlegged the record so that some money can be sent to Gordon Keith.

Having been to Gordon's house myself, I concur that he could certainly use the money.

i sort of figured that out, but I still have no idea what the record in question is.

Social source share

i sort of figured that out, but I still have no idea what the record in question is.

have faith in your love - lee bates why dont you write? think this is the one in question?? if so, jeez, this was years ago.... i had a copy must have been at least 15 years ago if it is the same one - green label if memory serves :thumbsup:

Social source share

I still got a copy of this knocking about in collection somewhere.

If I recall it was bought from " Oldies Unlimited " a catalogue from mid 80's.

Am sorry I don't know where it originated from, although I seem to recall it being made alongside or round about the time of the Stafford boots - Mafmon and the like. Maybe related in some way!

H

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert