Hmmm... Dare I Post This Up But Does Anyone

friend of mine emigrated to the US and got a job at KGLT Montana radio doing a Sunday night jazz show and got given free reign of their vinyl jazz vaults. When he came back to visit a few months into his show he brought me back some really nice albums on labels like Mustevic, Black Jazz, Tribe, etc - hard lp's at the time over here going for money, all for nothing, there was 2 copies of each lp at the station and he could take what he wanted from the duplicates, they all had the station written all over them in marker pen. Anyway, stayed in contact and once he got back he phoned me one Monday to tell me he'd had a look at the Blue Note catalogue there, that they'd said the next weekend he could go through them and take what he wanted.

So he goes in the next Sunday very early in great anticipation, walks into the room, and the shelves are empty. Goes and asks where the records have gone, and the secretary says "oh, they all got put into a skip last Tuesday and have gone to the dump to be crushed, we need the space for the cd singles..."

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

• Replies 52
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

friend of mine emigrated to the US and got a job at KGLT Montana radio doing a Sunday night jazz show and got given free reign of their vinyl jazz vaults. When he came back to visit a few months into his show he brought me back some really nice albums on labels like Mustevic, Black Jazz, Tribe, etc - hard lp's at the time over here going for money, all for nothing, there was 2 copies of each lp at the station and he could take what he wanted from the duplicates, they all had the station written all over them in marker pen. Anyway, stayed in contact and once he got back he phoned me one Monday to tell me he'd had a look at the Blue Note catalogue there, that they'd said the next weekend he could go through them and take what he wanted.

So he goes in the next Sunday very early in great anticipation, walks into the room, and the shelves are empty. Goes and asks where the records have gone, and the secretary says "oh, they all got put into a skip last Tuesday and have gone to the dump to be crushed, we need the space for the cd singles..."

That is a horrible story. But we all know a few like that. Same happened to a friend in London about 6 years back worked at a Publishing company & they did the same to him on his day of,just got rid of all the 12" singles.

He even asked the driver who had been told to drive them to the dump,in the hope that he'd have been bright enough to take them home or to a record shop or anywhere other than the dump.

You'd think it being in the UKso recently,someone would have a clue that they might be worth something.

Social source share

I had the same thing with a station lot of 45s, picked the last 1200 or so up from the sidewalk while the truck was coming back from the dump to get it's last load. Drove to the dump only to see a bulldozer driving other hot trash & itself over the other thousands. Not a lot of keepers from the 1200 I got though, so that made me feel a bit better. Just lots of mainstream rock/pop from the 50s-70s. I ended up throwing maybe 1000 away myself :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert