• Replies 112
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dog bit me on monday by the way  :rolleyes:

WELL I HOPE THE DOGS BEEN TESTED IN CASE IT GOT RABIES OFF YOU

THE GASHER...SPOTTER OF THE FAKE PORK PIE.

link

Basically I was lying in bed monday morning, it was about 7.30 and Mindy the weimararner (see pic below)

weimaraner.jpeg

decided it was time for her to get in bed with me, as she does every morning (don't ask why, she's done it since I got her) anyway she goes to get in and at the same time, Bosko the boxer (see pic below)

0019-0309-2004-0024_SM.jpg

decided that he was also going to get in, and out of the blue, Mindy attacked Bosko (see pic below)

cartoon_dogs_hugging_lg_nwm.gif

and I somehow got caught up in the middle and Mindy bit my arm by accident.

I know have to wear a special suit (see pic below)

P000052746.jpg

Social source share

Nice one Pete,going to the r,n,b festival in colne ?,august bank holiday weekend,loads of stuff like that.

link

Is that Colne in Lancs or Koln in Germany :rolleyes:

I dunno I'm not a big r&b fan but that record blew my mind when I first heard it and I've had it about 12 years now and only just dug it out again...would definitely listen to more stuff like this

Social source share

Is that Colne in Lancs or Koln in Germany  :rolleyes:

I dunno I'm not a big r&b fan but that record blew my mind when I first heard it and I've had it about 12 years now and only just dug it out again...would definitely listen to more stuff like this

link

you should check it out pete,chilled weekend,folks boppin' all over the place.Never heard german r&b,is it anything like samoan rocksteady :shades:

Social source share

Guest nubes

Yeah I think Wulfie is djing next time Del so will you be coming along?

link

Hopefully Pete,if so be nice to meet up babes.x Del

Social source share

I know have to wear a special suit (see pic below)

P000052746.jpg

by f*** that dog must be fed kyrptonite

its lifted you right of the ground Smiffy..

strong fucker or what??Do you feed the bugger on pork pies?

ps the suits a bit tight for ya

love

the gasher

Social source share

Hi Pete,

well done for getting back on the site. In your apology email you said:

The problem really came when I was asked to apologise for it; I would have,

if I knew who I was supposed to apologise to. Faceless people who

complained to the moderators? I would have apologised to those people

individually if I knew who they were.

I actually confronted your views openly. You took it extremely personally and our posts were deleted.

Looking forward to receiving an apology. By PM if you don't want to be seen losing face

Godz

Social source share

Hi Pete,

I actually confronted your views openly. You took it extremely personally and our posts were deleted.

Looking forward to receiving an apology. By PM if you don't want to be seen losing face

Godz

link

Ah Godz mate, is this really necessary? Can't we just move on and leave all the unpleasantness behind us?

Social source share

Hi Pete,

Godz

link

whistling.gif get over it. Everyone's slept since then :)

Social source share

That was JB Hutto & The Hawks from the early 50's, of course I wouldn't play anything like that, I just thought it was one of the most fantastic records I ever heard thats all..

link

Is that the Hawks as in Ronnie Hawkins & Robbie Robertson? sorry if that's a bit of daft question but have been after some of his stuff for a while.

QoF

xx

Social source share

Hello Pete. You've always got a lot to offer. That tune is no exception. It's absolutely fantastic and I can't see why anyone who appreciates roots music would think it's shite. Also, in the predictable world of blues, it's hard to find good dancing records. Betty James on Chess and only a small handfull of others. That was a gem. Thanks.

Proof there's more to life than just soul.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

Hi Pete,

Godz

link

Hello.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Hello.

link

:)

I have a choice of lunch today of breaded halibut or a mixed grill. What would you recommend? Let the arguments commence. whistling.gif

Social source share

wink.gif

I have a choice of lunch today of breaded halibut or a mixed grill.  What would you recommend?  Let the arguments commence. whistling.gif

link

Hello - I didn't realise you'd been gone:unsure:

Probably the wrong side of town for you but the Bombay Blues Bar in Northwood Hills does a fantastic Tandoori Mixed Grill - stuffs breaded Halibut anyday :)

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

wink.gif

I have a choice of lunch today of breaded halibut or a mixed grill.  What would you recommend?  Let the arguments commence. whistling.gif

link

You should avoid eating the deacying flesh of murdered animals and eat something all toghether morally more acceptable, like a nice vegetable samosa, or cheese and tomato pizza.

Social source share

You should avoid eating the deacying flesh of murdered animals and eat something all toghether morally more acceptable, like a nice vegetable samosa, or cheese and tomato pizza.

whistling.gif

link

Cattle truck went past my window a while ago. All those delicious looking animals, mmh :)

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

whistling.gif

link

Stop being such a girl. There is nothing like a nice bit of decaying flesh, preferably fried. Mmmmmm. I think that the mixed grill wins. And I'm having kidney.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Hello - I didn't realise you'd been gone:unsure:

Probably the wrong side of town for you but the Bombay Blues Bar in Northwood Hills does a fantastic  Tandoori Mixed Grill - stuffs breaded Halibut anyday whistling.gif

link

Not sure about the 4 Vandals reference but I'm actually in the wrong city. Sounds nice though.

Social source share

you should check it out pete,chilled weekend,folks boppin' all over the place.Never heard german r&b,is it anything like samoan rocksteady :)

link

Went to Colne last year on the back of hearing a local Lincoln band - Slimline Papas in a Lincoln boozer. Apparently they'd appeared at Colne so a few of us decided to give it a try. Blues ain't my cup of tea per se but I had a great time - something different and the ale and walking is great up there anyway.

Slimline Papa's by the way do a great version of 'Goodnight Irene' - sort of early RnB fused with ska! Something up Smithy's street maybe

whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

'Goodnight Irene' :)

link

Scotty.

How you doing mate? Long time. Where are you based now?

Do you realise that 'Irene' Is the Blue few's song? Our Nomadic neighbours, the crap kits, sagheads, or to the BBC, Bristol Rovers.

In my neck of the woods, that would end up with the club being split dowm the middle and lots of bottles and chairs being slung around.

And of course the mighty City lads would walk away victorious wink.gifwhistling.gif

Social source share

Is that the Hawks as in Ronnie Hawkins & Robbie Robertson?  sorry if that's a bit of daft question but have been after some of his stuff for a while.

QoF

xx

link

Got to be a different group I would have thought Chrissie. Are the Hawks who played with Ronnie Hawkins the same as the Hawks (aka The Band) who played with Bob Dylan?? I know the latter were originally called Levon & The Hawks and they had a single on UK Atlantic (The Stones That I THrow)

Social source share

I have a choice of lunch today of breaded halibut or a mixed grill.  What would you recommend?  Let the arguments commence. rolleyes.gif

link

Niether biggrin.gif

Social source share

Got to be a different group I would have thought Chrissie.  Are the Hawks who played with Ronnie Hawkins the same as the Hawks (aka The Band) who played with Bob Dylan??  I know the latter were originally called Levon & The Hawks and they had a single on UK Atlantic (The Stones That I THrow)

link

Do you know;he dont love you(and he will break your heart),Atco.

This is brill,i think it gets plays aswell?

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

What did you have Stu? And was it nice?

link

I missed it, got stuck on the 'phone, had to take Kenny's neither option as a result and go out for chicken katsu with curry sauce and rice. Quite pleasant. Got curry on my shirtsleeve though, darn those chopsticks.

Social source share

I missed it, got stuck on the 'phone, had to take Kenny's neither option as a result and go out for chicken katsu with curry sauce and rice.  Quite pleasant.  Got curry on my shirtsleeve though, darn those chopsticks.

link

Mmm, sounds nicer than the other options. Role those sleeves up lad rolleyes.gif:)

Social source share

Are the Hawks who played with Ronnie Hawkins the same as the Hawks (aka The Band) who played with Bob Dylan??

Yes.

If you're into raunchy garage rock, check out their fantastic "Leave Me Alone" on canadian Apex and US Ware released as The Canadian Squires.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Don't think I know them mate. Only know that one single.

link

Where`s Chalky when you need him,bet he can dig up sound file from somewhere?,i dont know how to do this as i am thick!!have experiment later.

Social source share

Bit more R&B (in the old sense of the word)

P.S. who did the original version of Daddy Rolling Stone, I've got it on a cd but no name on it...sounds like late 40's

link

poss A Bessie Banks or Ruth Brown track but thats just guessing

that nice chap Mr Croasdell may know has a good ear

nice raunchy blues though

Doug rolleyes.gif

Social source share

poss A Bessie Banks or Ruth Brown track but thats just guessing

that nice chap Mr Croasdell may know has a good ear

nice raunchy blues though

Doug rolleyes.gif

link

Which one - the file or the Daddy Rollin Stone? I thought the one on the file was Big Maybelle. Don't know if DRS is Wynonie Harris maybe?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert